Advanced GMing pdf is here!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venger Satanis

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
Ok, this is my post about the new book, Advanced Game Mastering Like A Fucking Boss.

What is it? A full-color, 111-page PDF going for $10. Just me trying to make sense of everything that's happened in the 9 years since I wrote How To Game Master Like A Fucking Boss. If you already know the basics, you may be ready for a higher and more dangerous wisdom. We'll see...

This is my blog post link about it: https://vengersatanis.blogspot.com/2023/04/advanced-game-mastering.html

Any questions, comments, or feedback is welcome!

Fenris-77 pops in for a quick look. Reads thread...

iu

LMAO dude got goatse'd by his own thread

If being "goatse'd" means finding out what it means by googling it, then you're correct. I got goatse'd. Aside from words, all I saw was a shirtless man standing outside.

Just curious... anyone in this forum interested in Game Mastering?
Well of course. Most regular users here are GMs. Many are close to being forever GMs. Some of us *whisper it* might even be feminists.

Edited to Clarify a Clarification: I might well be a "love all the people" Bill Hicks type, but i've got besties that are a wee bit homophobic, wee bit racist, wee bit whatever. But I let these things slide - as they let my things slide - because we're besties. Some guy who wrote some cool stuff once then went deep culture warrior? You ain't my buddy, guy, my mate friend, my chum, pal. If you make culture war stuff one of your USPs, don't be surprised when people screw their noses up in response. That cuts both ways, both sides of the argument, by the way.

Last edited:
Just curious... anyone in this forum interested in Game Mastering?
You know that we're almost all Referees, right? Well, most of us also have particular GMing styles. Your advice is only useful to a particular Referee if said Referee's style coincides to a large degree with yours...:thumbsup:

And, how to put it, your style is (hopefully) really unique:shade:!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Reading a book about how to GM is like reading a book about how to have sex. It's dry and academic when compared to the real thing, and is a poor substitute for actual experience besides

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Reading a book about how to GM is like reading a book about how to have sex. It's dry and academic when compared to the real thing, and is a poor substitute for actual experience besides
So wait, what? I put both of them in my hand? Like cup them in my palm? Then I roll them?

yeah Venger Satanis Venger Satanis just roll with your style and content, don’t complain in anticipation of blowback. OWN it. Take a page from James Raggi and be unapologetically YOU.

As for DM advice, well there isn’t a lack of such documentation already. What makes your point of view different than all of that? Explain that explicitly to potential buyers.

What IS Venger’s DM style? Tell us. Well not US here at the Pub: we already kind of know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back