Best Comic Panels of All Time

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I remember playing a template from Feng Shui 2 that was basically Jack Burton. Fun concept though, if I remember correctly, his initiative was so poor compared to the other characters he barely got to act.

That doesn't seem like Jack to me. It's all in the reflexes.

But that was like a defensive move. If you watch what actually happens in the movie, Jack rarely accomplishes anything. Wang is the one who actually does most of the work. Jack misses fights while he prepares, or knocks himself out by shooting into the ceiling. And so on.

But that was like a defensive move. If you watch what actually happens in the movie, Jack rarely accomplishes anything. Wang is the one who actually does most of the work. Jack misses fights while he prepares, or knocks himself out by shooting into the ceiling. And so on.

Yeah, Wang is actually the main hero while Jack is actually the Plucky Ethnic Sidekick... although both of them seem to think they're in each other's roles (Jack in particular is convinced that he's the Big Damn Hero).

Love Romita's style during this period. Instantly recognize it.
Same here. My favorite Daredevil. My favorite issue and I love that panel. He just keeps quoting him back his own lines as he begs for mercy. Vengeance for Queenie!

EDIT: Nocenti is one of my all time favorite writers and her Daredevil for me is best.

I think you can see the influence that nerdy Clark Kent had on Ditko's Peter Parker.

The colours here are also lovely. I need to get a TBP of the early Superman comics, I love the early Batman comics as well.
Buck Rogers (the collected edition I just got) uses the same sort of coloring and the artwork is very similar.

You beat me to it! I was going to say the same thing. I've never followed Superman at all, and these early ones are like a total 180 from the more modern day version.

Early Superman was brutal. He would straight up kill bad guys, gleefully and often in torturous ways.

Also, they often weren’t even super villain types. They were often slum lords and corrupt officials and the like.

It’s pretty bonkers, but when you think about the character’s origin, it makes a lot of sense.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back