Mothership - Titan

Smith

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
211
Reaction score
221
my PC may die in a blaze of particle cannon glory very shortly, so the issue may be moot. :gunslinger:
:shock:

Shutting down the computer seems to require an authorisation password.
OOC: How feasible would it be to overwrite the operation and teleport this marine... somewhere else?
 

Edgewise

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2017
Messages
2,626
Reaction score
4,820
OOC: Do I know if the Jovian trooper armor has sensors to pinpoint Finn through the metal walls?
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
OOC: How feasible would it be to overwrite the operation and teleport this marine... somewhere else?
It seems the teleporter can only transfer to somewhere, not remotely "grab" something as such. He'll need the authorisation codes to access any function of the teleporter.

Around the time Lassiter is checking this Bravo team contacts him to report they've found a teleportation device next to the kitchen.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
OOC: Do I know if the Jovian trooper armor has sensors to pinpoint Finn through the metal walls?
OOC: Typically they wouldn't, i.e. not built in as standard on their suits.

"Let's talk, soldier. There's no rush and nobody is going anywhere. We'll sit tight for now. I won't ask you your name, but is there something I can call you instead of 'hey you'?"

After the man introduces himself, Finn continues.

"I take it that you're a merc. I'm not sure if your employers have told you, but every Inner Way facility is being raided as we speak by Titan authorities. Let's make a deal: together, we'll try to find the way that gets us both out of here alive and free.

"Now, how do you propose I hand over Mr. Cooper and the rest of our team without both of us doing hard time in the mines, given that we're all in communication with headquarters? In case you can't think of anything, I have a counter-proposal for you that will get you out of here without a jail sentence. I think you can guess what I have in mind. What's your endgame, <whatever name he gives>?"
"Luca is the name"

He listens to Finn entirely before responding.

"So you're in contact with Titan's authorities. That's a pity. My endgame? Well it's a paycheck for me, I think you're more interested in my employer's endgame. How about you give me your counter-proposal first?"

The cultists next to him turn to him in shock when he asks about the counter-proposal.
 
Last edited:

Edgewise

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2017
Messages
2,626
Reaction score
4,820
How about you give me your counter-proposal first?"
“Well Luca, have you considered a career in bounty hunting? If you give me a minute I can see what headquarters is willing to pay. What are these guys paying? I’ll see if they can match the offer.

“As a bonus, you wouldn’t spend the rest of your life wanted for one of the worst acts of terrorism in human history. You know what these guys are up to, right?”
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
“Well Luca, have you considered a career in bounty hunting? If you give me a minute I can see what headquarters is willing to pay. What are these guys paying? I’ll see if they can match the offer.

“As a bonus, you wouldn’t spend the rest of your life wanted for one of the worst acts of terrorism in human history. You know what these guys are up to, right?”
"Sort of. We'll speak more depending on what you get me. And make it fast, this is a tense situation here, can't delay too long"

You hear the roar of the particle accelerator starting up over the intercom.
 
Last edited:

Edgewise

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2017
Messages
2,626
Reaction score
4,820
And make it fast, this is a tense situation here, can't delay too long"
“Understood, Luca.”
On the mission channel, Finn transmits:

“Finn Shah here. We’ve got a Jovian atmospheric marine, fully kitted, willing to switch sides and help arrest the cultists if we can pay him a sufficient bounty. Otherwise he’ll keep mercing for the Inner Way and melt the team into paste with his particle cannon. Can we get an emergency requisition?”
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
Koga comes on the comm line to Finn and the others.

"I've sent the payment approval to your tablet. If he syncs his suit to it he'll get double the standard Jovian Merc fee. I'll have to listen to some political nonsense later for this, but I think your need is obvious"
 

Edgewise

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2017
Messages
2,626
Reaction score
4,820
Koga comes on the comm line to Finn and the others.

"I've sent the payment approval to your tablet. If he syncs his suit to it he'll get double the standard Jovian Merc fee. I'll have to listen to some political nonsense later for this, but I think your need is obvious"
“I won’t forget this, Administrator.”
Finn opens the intercom channel.

“Luca, I got something I think will make you smile. Sync up with my tablet to see the offer. And watch your ass out there, soldier.”

OOC: Finn does whatever one does in such situations.
 

Smith

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
211
Reaction score
221
It seems the teleporter can only transfer to somewhere, not remotely "grab" something as such. He'll need the authorisation codes to access any function of the teleporter.

Around the time Lassiter is checking this Bravo team contacts him to report they've found a teleportation device next to the kitchen.
Lassiter heads over to investigate.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
Finn opens the intercom channel.

“Luca, I got something I think will make you smile. Sync up with my tablet to see the offer. And watch your ass out there, soldier.”

OOC: Finn does whatever one does in such situations.
The tablet displays PAYMENT AUTHORIZED. A few minutes later Cooper and Finn hear loud clangs, then a rumble.

"Well I'm impressed" Luca says "I've dealt with some of my previous employers on this side. Coming through to you now"

The hatch door opens and the massive marine enters in his heavy armour, gears and pistons lifting the huge plates that make up the suit. Within the armour he nears eight foot.

"Where to bosses?" he directs at both Finn and Cooper.
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
Lassiter heads over to investigate.
Lassiter enters the room next to the kitchen and finds a longish room containing nothing but a terminal and smaller version of the teleporter he saw in the FTL lab. This one looks like a person could just about fit into it. Bravo team stand nearby with two dead bodies on the ground riddled with bullets.

"Sorry Sir, they weren't backing down. Couldn't take the chance" one of the Bravo team guards says, a bit shocked looking.
 

Smith

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
211
Reaction score
221
Lassiter enters the room next to the kitchen and finds a longish room containing nothing but a terminal and smaller version of the teleporter he saw in the FTL lab. This one looks like a person could just about fit into it. Bravo team stand nearby with two dead bodies on the ground riddled with bullets.

"Sorry Sir, they weren't backing down. Couldn't take the chance" one of the Bravo team guards says, a bit shocked looking.
OOC: How does the other squaddie look?

"First time using live fire?" Lassie asks, trying to gauge the reaction. Once he gets an answer, he will move to the teleporter terminal to see if there is a log of usage and co-ordinates.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
OOC: How does the other squaddie look?

"First time using live fire?" Lassie asks, trying to gauge the reaction. Once he gets an answer, he will move to the teleporter terminal to see if there is a log of usage and co-ordinates.
The other squad member looks shaken as well
"Yes, never had to before. Colony is pretty sedate...." he stares ahead.

The logs show a recent teleportation to the bar the trio were at, as well as a long log of many teleportations to the visitation site over the past year. Also the odd few to their church.

One seems to be a destination outside the colony, whether it's Titan's surface or elsewhere is unclear.
 

Smith

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
211
Reaction score
221
The other squad member looks shaken as well
"Yes, never had to before. Colony is pretty sedate...." he stares ahead.

The logs show a recent teleportation to the bar the trio were at, as well as a long log of many teleportations to the visitation site over the past year. Also the odd few to their church.

One seems to be a destination outside the colony, whether it's Titan's surface or elsewhere is unclear.
Lassie takes note of the co-ordinates. He nods at the two squaddies to return to the main hall. "You did fine. Don't stress this, you did your jobs and did 'em for the good of the colony." Lassie then keys into his radio. "Charlie, take over on Bravo's Route, Bravo Team, take over watching the hall. Alpha, what's your status?
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
"We've secured that other room not on the map Sir. Power system for the teleporter it seems. A small fusion reactor"
 

Edgewise

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2017
Messages
2,626
Reaction score
4,820
"Where to bosses?" he directs at both Finn and Cooper.
Finn steps out of the side room, repacking his demo charge. “Glad I didn’t have to try strapping this on your ass.

“Coop and <redshirt>, all good? Hold on to those grenades just in case.

“Luca, we want to arrest as many as possible with a minimum of bloodshed. My plan is to hit the bridge now and broadcast a demand for surrender. Based on what you’ve seen, does that seem realistic to you?”
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
Finn steps out of the side room, repacking his demo charge. “Glad I didn’t have to try strapping this on your ass.

“Coop and <redshirt>, all good? Hold on to those grenades just in case.

“Luca, we want to arrest as many as possible with a minimum of bloodshed. My plan is to hit the bridge now and broadcast a demand for surrender. Based on what you’ve seen, does that seem realistic to you?”
"The regular ones will probably give up when you make it clear that their own government is assaulting here, along with myself. The Inner Circle guarding the Vault below, I doubt it. They're real believers, death won't matter to them"

He laughs a little.

"That demo pack might have killed me. Could have killed you too if it took out a wall. You've got guts Shah"
 

Edgewise

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2017
Messages
2,626
Reaction score
4,820
"That demo pack might have killed me. Could have killed you too if it took out a wall. You've got guts Shah"
Finn takes a deep breath. "Well I'm extremely glad that I didn't have to try it."

Finn makes sure the area beyond the hatch is clear. "I'll buy you a beer or ten when this is done. Let's move on the bridge. Are you able to tear the bridge hatch off with your servos?"

Finn then moves into place next to the hatch to the bridge, shouldering his SMG. He turns to Cooper. "Are you ready? Any reservations?"
 

Smith

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
211
Reaction score
221
"We've secured that other room not on the map Sir. Power system for the teleporter it seems. A small fusion reactor"
"Good copy. All teams continue on plan." Lassie checks over the two dead guards for anything unusual on their persons.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
Finn takes a deep breath. "Well I'm extremely glad that I didn't have to try it."

Finn makes sure the area beyond the hatch is clear. "I'll buy you a beer or ten when this is done. Let's move on the bridge. Are you able to tear the bridge hatch off with your servos?"

Finn then moves into place next to the hatch to the bridge, shouldering his SMG. He turns to Cooper. "Are you ready? Any reservations?
"Wouldn't mind that beer and yes, I can pull off the hatch. There's about six of them in there now. There's a computer terminal inside that will unlock the door down to their 'Inner Sanctum'. I've only been there once. Pile of book shelves, meditative mats and that giant sealed vault. Most of the Inner Circle of the cult should be there."
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
"Good copy. All teams continue on plan." Lassie checks over the two dead guards for anything unusual on their persons.
He finds two pistols and some ammo, as well as a data card.

"Bravo and Alpha here Sir. Site secured. No casualities"
 

Edgewise

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2017
Messages
2,626
Reaction score
4,820
"Let's try this the easy way, first."

Finn raps hard on the bridge hatch with his SMG stock and points it at the hatch

"TITAN POLICE! YOU'RE ALL UNDER ARREST FOR ORGANIZED TERRORISM! TEAMS ARE RAIDING ALL YOUR FACILITIES, MULTIPLE SQUADS ARE ABOARD THIS VISITATION SITE, AND THE JOVIAN TROOPER IS ASSISTING US! DROP YOUR WEAPONS, OPEN THE HATCH AND SURRENDER! ARMED SUBS SURROUND THE FACILITY! THERE IS NO ESCAPE - ONLY SURRENDER OR DEATH!"
 

Brock Savage

Cosmic Barbarian
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
723
Reaction score
1,341
OOC: I'm watching the thread with interest. @Edgewise has been making good decisions and I can't come up with any better ideas. With that in mind, please assume Cooper is taking the role of sergeant, ensuring Finn's orders are carried out. I believe Finn was an officer and Cooper enlisted so it makes sense that they'd operate that way.
 

Smith

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
211
Reaction score
221
He finds two pistols and some ammo, as well as a data card.

"Bravo and Alpha here Sir. Site secured. No casualities"
"Good Copy, lets corral the detainees, search em for anything they shouldn't be carrying." Lassie unloads the ammo and takes the keycard. He begins investigating the other areas in the base, room by room.
Keying into his long range radio, Lassie calls out. "Lima Team checking in - site secure. Two dead hostiles, no casualties on friendlies. Found an AI core and a teleportation device, looks like they had some small scale version of the tech they were putting to use. I need crime scene techs if we have any, Chief, to process the two dead."
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
Behind the door there is shouting, then a sound of fumbling, things being knocked. Finally shots are fired.

Next a voice is heard at the door.

"Okay, I'm opening the hatch. We had a...test of fate in here. Only the less devote of us here now"

As the door opens Finn and Cooper see five individuals in civilian clothing, two men and three women, all tired looking. Aside from the individual opening the hatch they have their hands up. The one who opens the hatch is a short rakish looking man with think black hair.

The bridge room has been heavily outfitted. Originally a few consoles and three seats for the driving crew, it can be clearly seen that more powerful computers have been installed. Also a stack of data drives. At the back of the room the ladder down to the lower levels has been fitted with a Jovian Zaibatsu security system that requires serious cash, known as a "Blood Lock". A series of alternating red and blue laser emitters lie along the ladder and in the ceiling above it. The blue lasers scan tissue. If they detect a gene sequence stored in their data banks, no problem. If they don't, the red lasers get focus to flesh cutting strength.

Near the ladder lies the body of a man in a white and gold robe, recently shot in the chest.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
Keying into his long range radio, Lassie calls out. "Lima Team checking in - site secure. Two dead hostiles, no casualties on friendlies. Found an AI core and a teleportation device, looks like they had some small scale version of the tech they were putting to use. I need crime scene techs if we have any, Chief, to process the two dead."
Titan's chief of Police answers in short order.
"No problem, we'll have a crew there shortly"

Smith said:
"Good Copy, lets corral the detainees, search em for anything they shouldn't be carrying." Lassie unloads the ammo and takes the keycard. He begins investigating the other areas in the base, room by room.
The teams get the detainees rounded up in short order. As Lassiter explores the rooms, he finds a good few weapons in the dormitories. Pistols and shotguns. Comms is in reality a computer set up to hack into Titan's network and broadcasts on as yet unused official channels. The Rec room and Kitchen don't hold many surprises, aside from the fact that food seems high quality.

The room with the miniature fusion plant however has a console near it that accepts the keycard Lassiter found.
 
Last edited:

Edgewise

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2017
Messages
2,626
Reaction score
4,820
Finn steps into the bridge, holding his SMG at the ready. "You four..." he says, indicating the ones with their hands up. "Hands folded behind your heads, on your knees. <Redshirt>, please search and restrain the prisoners. Luca, please cover the arresting officer."

Eyeing the fellow who opened the door, Finn continue. "I need the pistol that was used to subdue your overseer," he says, indicating the body. "Then hang out with me for a moment before joining your friends." To all the prisoners: "You'll be treated fairly for your compliance, although we are going to need quick answers to some questions in a minute."

Finn then hits the nearest intercom. "This is Finn Shah operating on behalf of Titan Police. This vessel is surrounded and we have captured the bridge. All members of the Inner Way are under arrest for participation in terrorist activities. Surrender peacefully to our security team in the cargo hold and you will be treated well and given a fair trial. Tell them," Finn says to the man who opened the door, gesturing to the microphone.

After the man has said his piece, Finn closes the intercom and transmits on the operation channel. "Alpha Team, report your status. If all is well, please disarm any Inner Way members who surrender to you, and detain them in the cargo hold."
Finn opens the common missions channel. "The Visitation Site bridge has been secured. We're waiting for reports from Alpha Squad, but we haven't suffered any casualties so far. One cultist is down, apparently shot by less devout members. Transport sub requested to breach the bridge section for medevac and prisoner transport.

"There's a whole lower floor with access controlled by a very expensive 'blood lock.' The leadership and god knows what else probably wait within. I think I can gain access. I'll report back if we can't, or once we have more developments." Finn signs off.
Finn waits to hear back from Omega Squad, and examines the data drives to see what can be recovered, for both short term intelligence and long term evidence. (OOC: Hopefully his Scavenging skill is of use here.) (OOC: [EDIT] What was I thinking? I imagine my PC would have reacted to the situation more immediately that I did.) uses his First Aid training to see if there's anything he can do for the severely wounded cultist.

He has an idea for how to gain entry to the lower level and what kinds of questions to ask the prisoners, but one can only do so many things at one time.
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
Finn steps into the bridge, holding his SMG at the ready. "You four..." he says, indicating the ones with their hands up. "Hands folded behind your heads, on your knees. <Redshirt>, please search and restrain the prisoners. Luca, please cover the arresting officer."
Luca sets the particle cannon humming. "No problem boss".

Officer Saito goes over and restrains the cult members. Upon searching he finds a small knife in the boot of one, but no other weapons. Nothing else of note on them.

Eyeing the fellow who opened the door, Finn continue. "I need the pistol that was used to subdue your overseer," he says, indicating the body. "Then hang out with me for a moment before joining your friends." To all the prisoners: "You'll be treated fairly for your compliance, although we are going to need quick answers to some questions in a minute."

Finn then hits the nearest intercom. "This is Finn Shah operating on behalf of Titan Police. This vessel is surrounded and we have captured the bridge. All members of the Inner Way are under arrest for participation in terrorist activities. Surrender peacefully to our security team in the cargo hold and you will be treated well and given a fair trial. Tell them," Finn says to the man who opened the door, gesturing to the microphone.
The cult member hands his pistol to Finn slowly with a slightly quizzical look. He speaks into the microphone as Finn instructs.

"Yeah this is Daniil, they've got us surrounded and they've the Colonial authority behind them. Give up everybody. This is where Papadakis said we were headed, directly confronting the law. He was right. Let's back down"

"Alpha Team, report your status. If all is well, please disarm any Inner Way members who surrender to you, and detain them in the cargo hold."
"Just breached our way into the bridge section Sir, we should be upstairs from your position. Will do"

Finn opens the common missions channel. "The Visitation Site bridge has been secured. We're waiting for reports from Alpha Squad, but we haven't suffered any casualties so far. One cultist is down, apparently shot by less devout members. Transport sub requested to breach the bridge section for medevac and prisoner transport.
The Sub driver acknowledges and says he's heading back.

Edgewise said:
"There's a whole lower floor with access controlled by a very expensive 'blood lock.' The leadership and god knows what else probably wait within. I think I can gain access. I'll report back if we can't, or once we have more developments." Finn signs off.
"Be careful" Koga says with genuine concern in her voice "You're confirming my worst suspicions about the cult. Hiring a marine from the Zaibatsus, high tech security. I didn't think they had the resources. You've done enough for this colony already. If things get too much, please pull out. Good luck"

Finn waits to hear back from Omega Squad, and examines the data drives to see what can be recovered, for both short term intelligence and long term evidence. (OOC: Hopefully his Scavenging skill is of use here.) (OOC: [EDIT] What was I thinking? I imagine my PC would have reacted to the situation more immediately that I did.) uses his First Aid training to see if there's anything he can do for the severely wounded cultist.
OOC: Gave you an advantage for this to represent the medical scanners and healing systems in Luca's suit (see below). Second roll successful: here

As Finn approaches the wounded man, Luca informs him of medical scanners onboard his suit and a healing gel kept in reserve in a compartment in his lower back. The wounded cultist has been shot through the left lung. Using the medical systems Finn obtains an outline of the ripped and damaged tissue and develops a projected healing plan for the gel. There is some time before brain death if a portion of the healing gel in Luca's suit is used. Of course this means less healing gel for any confrontation ahead.

OOC: The gel is a sort of paste packed with dozens of custom genetically engineered "friendly" bacteria
 
Last edited:

Edgewise

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2017
Messages
2,626
Reaction score
4,820
Finn gets on the horn to Koga and the mission team.

"Administrator, Lima Team reported finding a knock-off teleporter, and we're seeing a large array of networked data drives. That means they may have other teleporters and other copies of their data. As we speak, the leadership could be uploading schematics hither and yon.

"I think that this is our best chance to nip this in the bud. If we don't, this could be the catastrophe of a generation.

"By the way, Lima Team, congratulations on your raid. Did you recover your secondary target? The prisoner?"
After talking to Koga and Lassiter, Finn signs off and checks on the wounded prisoner, who was injected with a dosage of the bacterial gel. After insuring that all is well, he turns to the other prisoners.

"Who can tell me about what's downstairs, and whether this guy," indicating the injured zealot, "has access? You heard me on the horn - vital cooperation could go a long way towards exoneration. I'm no lawyer but you have my word that I'll make sure your name is known to the Administrator in a very good light. Speak your name and what you know if you want to help."
 

Smith

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
211
Reaction score
221
"Secondary target secured, managed to talk em down. I've found a fusion reactor, investigating. They had quite the fuckin' setup eh?“

Lassie takes and loads a shotgun before badging into the fusion reactor. "Charlie team, I'm heading into the fusion reactor, please swing by and support me. Alpha and Bravo, hold the main hall."
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
After talking to Koga and Lassiter, Finn signs off and checks on the wounded prisoner, who was injected with a dosage of the bacterial gel.
His condition is stabilising, he's in a deep sleep brought on by the bacteria to heal him, but he's doing well.

"Who can tell me about what's downstairs, and whether this guy," indicating the injured zealot, "has access? You heard me on the horn - vital cooperation could go a long way towards exoneration. I'm no lawyer but you have my word that I'll make sure your name is known to the Administrator in a very good light. Speak your name and what you know if you want to help."
"He has access" a short young woman with jet black hair says coming forward "My name is Karen...downstairs is like a study and meditation chamber, but it contains the entry to, well "Revelation" is what the higher ups call it. That's were our founder had his visions. We're not allowed in there, but I've been in the study once or twice. From what I've seen I think one of the cameras has some sort of gun fitted into it" she says with a tremor in her hand.

OOC: Wrote this yesterday after a night with poor sleep. Made poor Karen there sound a bit nonchalant! "I'm in a life threatening situation lol" Edited now
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
Lassie takes and loads a shotgun before badging into the fusion reactor. "Charlie team, I'm heading into the fusion reactor, please swing by and support me. Alpha and Bravo, hold the main hall."
Lassie enters the room with the fusion reactor. Nobody present, just the machine itself pulsing in the corner of the room.

OOC: Rough image:
Chronosphere_Final_01.jpg

The console lies up the ladder on the left. It's bathed in the blue light of the fusion plasma within the reactor. The entry port for the key card Lassie found is under the console's keypad.

Lassie however does notice strange scrape marks along the floor of the room and one on the reactor itself to the left. One cuts into the steel covering on the back of the reactor to a depth of about two inches
 

Smith

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
211
Reaction score
221
Lassie enters the room with the fusion reactor. Nobody present, just the machine itself pulsing in the corner of the room.

OOC: Rough image:
View attachment 13598

The console lies up the ladder on the left. It's bathed in the blue light of the fusion plasma within the reactor. The entry port for the key card Lassie found is under the console's keypad.

Lassie however does notice strange scrape marks along the floor of the room and one on the reactor itself to the left. One cuts into the steel covering on the back of the reactor to a depth of about two inches
Lassie inspects the gouges to see if they align with being a dense, strong blade of some kind or more naturally (jagged).
 

Edgewise

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2017
Messages
2,626
Reaction score
4,820
"He has access" a short young woman with jet black hair says coming forward "My name is Karen...downstairs is like a study and meditation chamber, but it contains the entry to, well "Revelation" is what the higher ups call it. That's were our founder had his visions. We're not allowed in there, but I've been in the study once or twice. From what I've seen I think one of the cameras has some sort of gun fitted into it" she says with a tremor in her hand.
Finn replies calmly, "Karen, that's very useful information. When we get out of here, I'm going to let Koga know that you helped. In case you weren't listening to our conversation, she's someone you can rely on.

"Don't be afraid, guys. If everyone stays cool and peaceful, we'll get everyone out of here and to the surface without a problem. As long as you're not causing a problem, nobody is going to come down on you."

Finn opens the public intercom for the Visitation Site.

"Officer Shah speaking for Titan Police. Everyone who wants to be safely evacuated should calmly and peacefully surrender to our security team in the cargo hold. In fifteen minutes, they will proceed to the bridge and be transported to the surface. After that time, we will be sending in crisis response teams to aggressively sweep the site - they have itchy trigger fingers, so I don't recommend waiting around for them. Thank you for your cooperation.

"Alpha Team, please report to the bridge for evac in fifteen minutes."

To the rest of the Omega Team, Finn speaks:

"I'm going to dismantle the data array for further investigation. Once we have them ready to go, <Redshirt> should help to evacuate the bridge crew here - you won't need that grenade, so pass it to Cooper, please. Coop, Luca and I will borrow Sleeping Beauty's hand to open the blood lock and have a conversation with the leadership.

Finn starts to dismantle the data drives for transport (OOC: relying on his Scavenging skill). During that time, he'll see if he can spot anything control functions for the autoturret and any floor plans that describe the inner sanctum.
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
Alpha team reports back that it's ready to follow Finn's orders. Officer Saito begins preparing the cult members on the bridge

Finn starts to dismantle the data drives for transport (OOC: relying on his Scavenging skill). During that time, he'll see if he can spot anything control functions for the autoturret and any floor plans that describe the inner sanctum.
Finn safely dismantles the data drives within the bridge room. One of the drives is a crystal storage unit containing data that can only be read by an AI, but the rest are conventional data drives.

Running through the computer systems Finn finds no floor plans, but he does find the controls to the autoturret and a camera feed for the room below. Both however are locked behind security.

OOC: AIs are "rare" in the setting, but more in the sense that only universities or government institutes might have one. They are self aware, but have quite simple personalities.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2,728
Lassie inspects the gouges to see if they align with being a dense, strong blade of some kind or more naturally (jagged).
They look like a very fine cut from blade
 
Top