Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
My father's cousin's widow died yesterday. She was 92, and had had a long battle with Huntington's chorea.

She was a delightful woman, but we weren't very close. So I am a little surprised to find myself so affected. That is the end of my parent's generation, and now my brother is the oldest person in the extended family. My generation are the elders now.
Sorry for your loss!

OTOH, don't worry, the young ones were seeing you as an elder already, it's just that you only realized it now:grin:!

Dealing with possible legal shit with my 16 year old daughter. One of her friend's parents filed a police report and is threatening to press charges over something (she did do it, and she shouldn't have done it, but it was also completely harmless, there was no physical or financial harm to anything, and the guy could have just talked to me and us worked it out without going to cops over it).

God I didn't need the stress today.

Last edited:
Y'all live in pretty places. The view outside my house is just general older suburbia (so not cookie cutter suburbia, but like a ton of houses built in the 60s-80s)
Well, I do now. In Hong Kong I spent 7 years looking at the back of an industrial high-rise. Mind you, the 5 years before that I was looking at this, so I guess it's a pendulum (I dread to think what my next view will be like if that's true):

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-14 at 00.25.12.jpeg

A local coffee shop is hosting a toy drive for Christmas. Among other things, they wanted games for c. 12-year-olds, so I bought a boxed set of D&D Essentials and donated it, suitably wrapped of course. Might as well get more recruits for the hobby.

I got a part-time job to help keep me occupied during the winter months. If I like it, I might make it a really permanent thing. I’d make more working in a Target or a Dunks, but I get choose my old schedule and I don’t have to really talk to anybody.
Not talking to anyone sounds glorious. I like people but 24/7 of any people, even ones you love, gets old.

Not talking to anyone sounds glorious. I like people but 24/7 of any people, even ones you love, gets old.
Yeah and the other cool thing I can wear whatever I want as long as it’s not shorts and I don’t have any logos or anything on my shirts. Be comfortable they say.

Are you going to be a store mannequin?
No, I do have to move.

Its nice because I feel at my last job I was underpaid for all the shit I had to deal with. With this job It’s like a tenth of the hassle and a few bucks an hour less.

Me, at too early this morning:

"Ugh, the internet's slow. Guess I'll reset the router."

"Where's the power cable? I can't figure out these cords."

"Am I still dreaming, or is there no ethernet connector for the fibre box?"

"...This is a radio."

Me, at too early this morning:

"Ugh, the internet's slow. Guess I'll reset the router."

"Where's the power cable? I can't figure out these cords."

"Am I still dreaming, or is there no ethernet connector for the fibre box?"

"...This is a radio."
I thought I'd add a picture of your computer for everyone following along at home...

1671217199251.png

I had to use Twitter to get updates from my daughters school system because they couldn’t get things set right on the phone call list. Fortunately they seem to have gotten it set now, so May be good to delete Twitter this winter as long as calls come through.

Thats cool and all but no beard, no pub. Sorry even we have admittedly low standards...
200w.gif

Thursday I hung out with two different groups of friends, many whom I used to work with. We're all scattered at different jobs now, so I only see two of them like every 2 months or so.

Today I got another check in the mail, this time from Kaiser Permanente. I usually get one most years when I don't use enough of their services. It's only 15 bucks, but hey, it's 15 bucks I didn't have when I woke up this morning. On top of that, I had no problems with any transients today. Guess it was too cold for most of the crazy ones to come around.

On the downside, I couldn't find my Trimet card. I don't think I lost it outside my place, because it still shows having money on it (which means no one found it and tried to use it). I know I had it when I came home Monday night as I used it, but it slipped out of the card sleeve on my phone case somehow. Thankfully I have a digital card on my phone. What sucks is I was about 2/3 of the way towards earning a free monthly pass on it. Hopefully I will find it (probably weeks from now). If not, I'll have to start from scratch earning up to a free month.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back