Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Raleel Raleel On a more serious note, what actually are those symbols and what do they mean or represent?
They are symbols from mage the ascension, which are themselves derived from alchemical symbols. https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Mage:_The_Ascension_symbols for good pictures and https://rpg.stackexchange.com/quest...r-the-spheres-in-mage-the-ascension-come-from for a more detailed explanation.

my right arm has Prime (creation/essence) and Mind and my left arm has Entropy (destruction/rot) and Correspondence (distance).

Beyond the fact they are from Mage, creating mind and destroying distance is an allusion for my love of computers and networks, an allusion to societal goals of mine (creating knowledge, removing distance between people), and a reminder to not get these things backwards (creating distance, destroying knowledge)

I expect next I will get spirit on my right arm and time on my left arm, creating mind and spirit and destroying time and space.

This past weekend, I went to C2E2.

It was my first time going to a big comicon since the 2020 C2E2 that got in at the end of February, just before the pandemic shut everything down in mid-March of 2020. Anyway, in one of the panels I attended on Saturday, one of the presenters said, entirely unprompted by me and tangential to the discussion at hand, "I hate geese!"

I was very amused.

Also just had a good time overall. A year or two ago, I thought I was maybe permanently done with that sort of big event, but I had enough fun that I'm planning to go back next year.

So, I've kept both my current desktop six years as April and my tablet five years as of April. I'd been trying to actually make them last until Windows 11 passes and Windows 12 released. I'd had a recent issue with Windows 10 update not working and I'd dicked around and ignored it for the past month on the desktop. Well, the other night the tablet ran into the same issue.

So I got motivated since both units were acting up an did a deep dive into Microsoft's help area. Finally found what I thought was the fix while surfing through the Microsoft help areas on my tablet. Did the fix and sure enough everything repaired. So then I got a wild hair up my ass and I suddenly felt a wave of techie come back over me that I'd not felt in a decade and decided to install Windows 11 on the tablet only.

Figured it was about time I dicked with it and I'd read a lot about on Ars Technica and other sites, so I was aware of most of the issues. Fuck me sideways, reading about how bad it was still didn't prepare me for how bad it was. The design team of layout and the management team who approved it should be taken out back and shot. The last two hours of dicking around with it have been me thinking that this is the worst layout of Windows ever.

I've been seriously dicking around with Microsoft's operating systems since the start of PC-DOS (Early 1980s) and later MS-DOS and of course into the various Windows versions over the decades. This version takes the cake for shitty layout and shitty ease of accessibility for tablet use for sure, even with my keyboard. I just had to rip the bandaid off and fucking install Windows 11, teach me. No way I'm installing this crap on my desktop now. These days, computers are nothing more than tools for me and I like them to be logical and have good ease of use. This ain't it and the layout sucks baboon ass.

The curse of the every other version of Windows sucking ass, continues. I'm hoping to see Windows 12 before the desktop dies because I'm in no hurry to replace the damn thing now. I usually would replace systems every 3 to 5 years, so I'm overdue and about to be a lot more overdue. lol.

What a weird fucking evening. So I found out one of my ex-gfs from like, 18 years ago or so is now a raging asshole transphobe because she partially doxxed my wife on reddit earlier today.

These two things were unrelated. I just found out the former while trying to figure out who it was who did the latter (was attempting to figure out who the poster was from their posting, username, etc., was eventually able to identify who it was and then found all the raging asshole transphobe stuff).

They are symbols from mage the ascension, which are themselves derived from alchemical symbols. https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Mage:_The_Ascension_symbols for good pictures and https://rpg.stackexchange.com/quest...r-the-spheres-in-mage-the-ascension-come-from for a more detailed explanation.

my right arm has Prime (creation/essence) and Mind and my left arm has Entropy (destruction/rot) and Correspondence (distance).

Beyond the fact they are from Mage, creating mind and destroying distance is an allusion for my love of computers and networks, an allusion to societal goals of mine (creating knowledge, removing distance between people), and a reminder to not get these things backwards (creating distance, destroying knowledge)

I expect next I will get spirit on my right arm and time on my left arm, creating mind and spirit and destroying time and space.
Obviously your Arete is becoming more powerful with every tattoo, heh heh :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Side note: I broke up with her in a Taco Bell drivethru, and knowing what I know about her now, that was too classy for her apparently.
"In the future, all breakups will be at Taco Bell"--rejected line from an early draft of Demolition Man.

The war against the lawn has begun its annual campaign. It came earlier this year, because of milder and wetter weather. I've been very busy at work for the last two months, including working weekends, so I was first able to do some mowing yesterday. The grass could have used it at least two weeks ago and the neighbors have been looking askance.

So, there I am puffing around my hilly and tree-infested front yard with my push electric mower yesterday, when the guy next door decides he should mow, too. His yard is the same size as mine, but flat, with almost no trees. It would be simple to mow it with a standard walk-behind machine--I think you could probably do the whole yard in an hour or less. But no, he has a gigantic yard-service style riding mower--the zero turn type that runs $3500-$5000. It was so loud that when he was near my yard I couldn't even hear my mower. Talk about too much tool for the job...

Need to get some last-minute chores done after work, since my dad is coming in tonight. I'm excited to see him, but also mildly annoyed that he chose a flight that lands just before midnight, when I would typically be asleep.

The reason he's coming at this particular time is so we can do the Chicagoland Spring Half Marathon together, which I'll say more about in the physical fitness thread, but he's also hanging around for a week or so in addition to the event, so we will be able to do some other activities as well. I am excited.

So, there I am puffing around my hilly and tree-infested front yard with my push electric mower yesterday, when the guy next door decides he should mow, too. His yard is the same size as mine, but flat, with almost no trees. It would be simple to mow it with a standard walk-behind machine--I think you could probably do the whole yard in an hour or less. But no, he has a gigantic yard-service style riding mower--the zero turn type that runs $3500-$5000. It was so loud that when he was near my yard I couldn't even hear my mower. Talk about too much tool for the job...

To a man with a little willy, everything looks like an extension!

Cut him some slack, mate. :grin:

"In the future, all breakups will be at Taco Bell"--rejected line from an early draft of Demolition Man.

The war against the lawn has begun its annual campaign. It came earlier this year, because of milder and wetter weather. I've been very busy at work for the last two months, including working weekends, so I was first able to do some mowing yesterday. The grass could have used it at least two weeks ago and the neighbors have been looking askance.

He's obviously overcompensating for some shortcoming.

Edit: Rich H Rich H LOL Soo much better than what I came up.

To a man with a little willy, everything looks like an extension!

Cut him some slack, mate. :grin:

He's obviously overcompensating for some shortcoming.

Edit: Rich H Rich H LOL Soo much better than what I came up.

Yeah, I guess I should be charitable. But the dude is twenty to twenty-five years younger than I am and looks like he goes to the gym, while I look like an old guy who sits and works at a computer, or with a book, about 10 hours a day. So I guess I feel that if I can push a lawnmower around a suburban lot, he could too.

So as I was driving home from work tonight, something that my therapist told me a few nights ago finally clicked in my head, enough so that I had to pull off the side of the road for a few minutes to process things.

dumpster fire.png

Short version - in pretty much all of my past relationships I have, at least on an unconscious level, been looking for someone to 'fix' me. But that's not something that I should look to someone else for; in the end the only person who can truly improve me is me, and failing that, I need to be able to accept my flaws as part of who I am. That was something I've known consciously for a while now, but tonight something finally came together in my head, Tetris-style, where I actually understand on a gut-level what that means, instead of just saying the words.

Yeah, I guess I should be charitable. But the dude is twenty to twenty-five years younger than I am and looks like he goes to the gym, while I look like an old guy who sits and works at a computer, or with a book, about 10 hours a day. So I guess I feel that if I can push a lawnmower around a suburban lot, he could too.
You should see the trucks at the gym I go to, and it's always the biggest guys. (Which are often the ones with the
Kennedy 2024
t-shirts and automatic rifle stickers on them .

Did you make this yourself, or did your closest friend do it for you--no shame at all: my oldest closest friend nailed it in one, "Dave's greatest fear (outside of the legit ones such as pain) is that he's not interesting"

It's a panel from the Questionable Content webcomic. I just substituted my name for the name of the character that was being referenced in the original strip.

It's a panel from the Questionable Content webcomic. I just substituted my name for the name of the character that was being referenced in the original strip.

I rather like Questionable Content, and congratulations on your epiphany. May you find a healthy relationship or be happily single.

A long way to go but its starting to take shape...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/717106114021294163/1231696706328989818/IMG-20240421-WA0026.jpg?ex=6637e5f2&is=662570f2&hm=8e3eac8b41a4bc5ce0864279c36e87ed0b40e65c404ada38811f84b95393a262&

... Considering its been at least two decades since I painted I'm pretty pleased with how its going.

Been a while but 80% done now. Leaves and branch detail along with unicorn to go... maybe a few alterations here and there.

1714857908065.jpeg

I probably made headlines for a local newspaper yesterday. A group of teens accosted me and threatened me with physical violence. So I told them to wait a while while I put my groceries into my apartment. I chased them away with a sword in hand. So of course I ended up spending the night in prison. Yay, me!

Not my greatest moment but there...

I probably made headlines for a local newspaper yesterday. A group of teens accosted me and threatened me with physical violence. So I told them to wait a while while I put my groceries into my apartment. I chased them away with a sword in hand. So of course I ended up spending the night in prison. Yay, me!

Not my greatest moment but there...
[Prostrate in supplication]
Link?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back