Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Yeah Chris you seem like a nice guy, so don't take this the wrong way but there's obviously just some rumour mill out there peddling nonsense that you've been plugged into. I'd say it's occasionally right in the stopped clock sense, but I think it's probably a waste of your time.
You’re being a little hard on Brady. If you can’t trust www.secrethollywoodinsider.tv, who the hell can you trust?

I just rewatched the last four episodes of season seven of The Clone Wars. You just can’t get much better writing for Star Wars media. Filoni manages to weave around Revenge of the Sith and more specifically Order 66 to bring a A+ ending to the series.

The only thing I’m interested in that’s coming on Disney+ is the Kenobi mini-series. I just loved Ewan in the prequels.

That moment in Attack of the Clones where they're at the bar and Anakin asks him what he's going to do and he replies, that he's going to get a drink That was the moment where he became Obi Wan Kenobi for me. That very instant. There was something about the delivery. That was the very moment that he was no longer just playing the same character Alec Guinness had played, but younger. That was the very moment that for me he became the definitive version of the character.

I saw a rumour that the Mandalorian spin-off might star Cara Dune. I definitely wouldn't mind more Gina Carano, though I kind of wish she'd just partner up with Mando, so it would be like this badass Bounty Hunter "family" with Mando, Cara, and Baby Yoda...

I saw a rumour that the Mandalorian spin-off might star Cara Dune. I definitely wouldn't mind more Gina Carano, though I kind of wish she'd just partner up with Mando, so it would be like this badass Bounty Hunter "family" with Mando, Cara, and Baby Yoda...
I now have a mental image of a PG-13 rated nookie scene where Pedro Pascal still doesn't take off his helmet.

Equally I could see a strong ‘post rebel’ strike squad with her at its head hunting rogue imps.

It kinda seemed like the ending of the last episode was hinting at that, with the Rebellion rent-a-cop speaking to her and her staring wistfully at the rebel medallion

Is Ewan MacGreggor actually going to reprise his role?
It would be crazy for them not to get him. He's widely considered the best thing about the prequels, and while he has a respectable career, he isn't so big that they couldn't afford him. He's even a long time Star Wars fan whose uncle was in the original movie. If they can't get him, they'd probably be better off just shelving the idea. I'd say he is the main reason people want an Obi-Wan series.
I’d be happy with Cara partnering with Mando. Equally I could see a strong ‘post rebel’ strike squad with her at its head hunting rogue imps.
That could work. The lone hero thing has worked so far, but I feel the show could use one more regular cast member in the mix at this point.

I'm curious when it's set. I always thought that post Revenge of th Sith he just hung around Tatooine making sure that Luke didn't get found by Vader.

I'm curious when it's set. I always thought that post Revenge of th Sith he just hung around Tatooine making sure that Luke didn't get found by Vader.

It it supposedly set about eight years before A New Hope. There were rumors that LF was casting for a 10 year old Luke Skywalker. The two have met before ANH in canon so this development would be in line with that.

That was always my assumption. Still, the fact that Leia knows to go looking for him on Tatooine suggests that he might have had some adventures involving the Rebellion after hiding Luke.

There’s a conversation in Rogue One between Mon Mothma and Bail Organa where he mentions a Jedi friend who might be able to help the Rebellion. He would end up sending his daughter as his envoy so that he could get back to Alderaan. Of course she gets captured and you end up with A New Hope.

Something I was wondering, is there much fiction or third party material and comics that came out between Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back. Just wondering what kind of funny stuff might have been created that differs from the later films in terms of how the world and galactic civilization works.

Something I was wondering, is there much fiction or third party material and comics that came out between Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back. Just wondering what kind of funny stuff might have been created that differs from the later films in terms of how the world and galactic civilization works.
The novel Splinter of the Mind's Eye by Alan Dean Foster is the most notable one. It was originally going to be adapted into a low-budget sequel, which means it completely squanders the ability of a novel to work with an unlimited special effects budget. When Star Wars became a phenomenon, it got discarded as canon once they realized they could they could think bigger. However, it does have the requisite limb loss for a major character that Star Wars is known for.

I think the old Marvel Comics from the 70s and 80s were the best place to go if you wanted to read crazy stuff.

Didn't they have a flat out Bugs bunny style rabbit guy?

more of a Bucky O'hare, as in a green athropomorphoid space rabbit, but yeah...

Jaxxon T. Tumperakki

DRigAYCUEAAwoTH.jpg

Confirmed shows.

Obi-Wan
Cassian Andor
The Bad Batch
I kinda wish they’d stop showing us flashback shows of people they’ve killed off right in front of us.
What’s the point of a Cassian Andor series? They already showed us his ending as a hero.

The team up I’m waiting for on the Mandalorian is Mando and Boba Fett. Mando needs a little anti-hero, he’s becoming pretty altruistic.

Something that has been bugging me about the second season is the dialogue, especially with Din Djarin, who feels kinda stilted and awkward a in the first couple episodes. At first I wrote this off as just over usage of exposition.
But then in the 4th episode with the other Mandalorians mentioning that he's part of a cult I've become to wonder if the reason he's so stilted and akward is because he's grown up in a cult and hasn't really sociallized with others normally beyond bounty hunting.

I think that was kind of implied by Bo-Katan when she said he was in the Children of the Watch, which was a religious sect of Mandalorians. They refuse to take their helmets off around others, which is not common amongst the whole community of Mandalorians.

What I don't get is that Bo-Katan, based on readings about her online, comes across like she is supposed to be a "good guy" , but she is clearly a villain in that episode

What I don't get is that Bo-Katan, based on readings about her online, comes across like she is supposed to be a "good guy" , but she is clealr a villain in that episode
How do you mean? I thought she was there to sort of show Din that his way might not necessarily be what he thinks it is.

Bo-Katan first and foremost cares about Mandalore above all else. She was shown to be a good friend to certain people in the Clone Wars, such as Ahsoka, who by that point was an outsider, even to the Jedi. She had no love loss for the Republic and the Jedi in general as she thought they were too political of an organization during the War. It took her some time to warm up to people because of trust issues. She lost her sister Satine, who was trying to rule Mandalore in peace, during the siege by Maul. As an aside, Satine was perhaps Obi-Wan Kenobi’s only love during his lifetime.

Didn't Din try and do the same thing the episode before? Then he got guilt tripped by Frog Lady.

Maybe. I just took it as code for "this character is a villain" - I mean to callback to Vader's own words, it just seemed blatant

I kinda wish they’d stop showing us flashback shows of people they’ve killed off right in front of us.
What’s the point of a Cassian Andor series? They already showed us his ending as a hero.

I‘m all for Cassian as long as K-2SO gets good screen time. Love that droid.

Maybe. I just took it as code for "this character is a villain" - I mean to callback to Vader's own words, it just seemed blatant
If I remember correctly, she was a part of the Mandalorian Extremist group Death Watch in the Clone Wars. So maybe you're on to something.

Ah, what an episode to come right after Thanksgiving!

So, we got a huge milestone today. Doesn't surprise me since Dave Filoni wrote and directed this one. Takeaways.

I think they handled Ashoka well. I'm a little turned off sometimes when the characters from the animations come into live action, especially if they are re-cast, but they made Rosario Dawson look like her well and this is an even older version than we've seen in Rebels.

So, I felt the things we revealed about "the child" kind of twist things up. Grogu (the child's real name) was from the Jedi Temple during the Clone Wars era. (I noticed the Child perked his head when Ashoka name-dropped Yoda). Apparently we're not dealing with an infant, but rather an older child who has suffered from trauma and maybe PTSD, as it appears he had more powers before his exile. And the fact that the child is showing a lot of fear is troublesome for a Jedi. That puts a new twist on things.

Also, it looks like Admiral Thrawn might have a role later on -- either in this series or one of the others.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back