What are y'all up to these days?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
It's also very similar to Fading Suns.
Which, in turn, is quite similar to Dune, which just got a new movie...:thumbsup:

"Something in the zeitgeist" indeed:shade:!
Huh. The narrative premise of the new Coriolis is almost exactly the same as my game Vac Suits and Duct Tape. The broken gate, the kludged together last city, the ruins, the blight, etc etc. Must be something in the zeitgeist.
...well, that sucks:shock:. Would it prevent you from publishing your game, and how far had you advanced?

On the bright side, you can offer your game to Fria Ligan as an OSR variant of their setting, which they might offer as a stretch goal:grin:!

Nah, it won't stop me. The beta for Vac Suits has been around for a good long while, and well longer than the new Coriolis rules were even a gleam in Free League's eye. The game is mostly written, with some outstanding work to be done on the pair of introductory adventures and some editing passes.

Nah, it won't stop me. The beta for Vac Suits has been around for a good long while, and well longer than the new Coriolis rules were even a gleam in Free League's eye. The game is mostly written, with some outstanding work to be done on the pair of introductory adventures and some editing passes.
Definitely go forward with it. In any case, familiarity is a stronger selling point for RPGs than originality.

And a similar idea has never put anyone off publishing.

In other news the Burning Wheel design team just started a Substack to host their essays and audio about their game design process, called Ludological Academy. I already signed up as I'm a sucker for well-informed game design talk.

In other news the Burning Wheel design team just started a Substack to host their essays and audio about their game design process, called Ludological Academy. I already signed up as I'm a sucker for well-informed game design talk.
Link? I did a quick search but my Google Fu is weak

It was complicated. I googled Ludological Academy and it was the first result. Link. :grin:
Heads up, I just tried that search term, and that link isn't in the first hundred or so results. I had no idea there were so many websites about the academic study of games...Google has us all in bubbles and can't be relied on to show two people the same results.

Heads up, I just tried that search term, and that link isn't in the first hundred or so results. I had no idea there were so many websites about the academic study of games...Google has us all in bubbles and can't be relied on to show two people the same results.
Well, it was literally the first result when I used Duck Duck to search. Shrug. IDK.

Well, it was literally the first result when I used Duck Duck to search. Shrug. IDK.
4th on Ducky for me, not on the first page at all in big G.

In game: Prepping a PC's personal nemisis trying to combo a big social screw job & assassination attempt on the PC. Set up a charity dinner, invite PC, have speeches, blame the disaster the charity is about on the PC, get the PC on stage, set off a big bomb under the nemesis with some sfx to look like the PC shot something. All televised. It helps the nemesis is basically already a ghost. Assuming it fails to kill the PC there's an ambush on the way out and a cloaked spaceship to attack the PCs ship.

Powering Through 9: Carbon Dioxide Generation
It's been a crazy week in the House of Dok, so we wanted to take things easy and revisit Power Through for some random power wackiness. So what did we land on? Human fire extinguisher.

I finished running G2: The Lonely Lighthouse. And I totally butchered the poor module to fit it into my campaign.

Ah well, the players had fun resolving drama, and gathering money. I am going to say that that's what counts!

Last month was fun. I started and ran the first two parts of a four-part Rōnin campaign. The campaign involves shinobi uncovering a plot against the Shōgun, and it's been a wild ride with severed limbs, blood witches, and haunted shrines. This month, I'll run the last half of the campaign, and hopefully, it'll end with as much fun as it started.

This coming month also brings a one-shot of Blood Red Blossoms that one of my players will run, so I'm looking forward to that. If all goes well, I'll also have Session 0 for my proposed Fu Manchu campaign for Dicey Tales.

The players in my Orb campaign are starting to feel rich. Yet I'm not sure whether I'd be able to muster the enthusiasm to run this week...:shade:

I mean, I'll try. But a diversion might be needed first:thumbsup:!

I am not playing or running anything this week, except for Fate of Chthulhu. I wasn't in the mood to run, our WFRP4e Ref is being too busy at work, and...well, you get what you're willing to put some effort into:thumbsup:.

OTOH, a Discord user on Peter Von Danzig Peter Von Danzig 's server turned out to be Bulgarian as well. So I swiped him to a Bulgarian Discord.
Turned out, he was already planning to run Road to Monsterberg for Mythras, and online. He just wasn't sure whether he'd be able to find the players.
That was last night, though. As of now, he has a full group and might have to turn some people down...:shade:

Edit: we've got 5 players lined up, character generation has started!

Last edited:
Currently working the hotel & convention center map to better adjucate the massive damage & death the PCs will cause when they're asked to make a speech. My players like armor peircing munitions & explosives, and hotels aren't as... robust... as battleships & underground secret lairs.

Crap. Gonna have to check occupancy rates in case they drop the tower. I know they'll at least set it on fire. Bowb got his "turn into a dragon" spell last session and is just itching to flame people.

Currently working the hotel & convention center map to better adjucate the massive damage & death the PCs will cause when they're asked to make a speech. My players like armor peircing munitions & explosives, and hotels aren't as... robust... as battleships & underground secret lairs.

Crap. Gonna have to check occupancy rates in case they drop the tower. I know they'll at least set it on fire. Bowb got his "turn into a dragon" spell last session and is just itching to flame people.
Why do they go from "making a speech" to "using AP ammo, explosives and flaming people":shock:?

Nah, no gamers. Squats that weren't on site when a modron/borg/berserker cube fragged their space citadel. So a mix of Rogue Traders, tramp freighter captains, and mercenaries between contracts. At least three cyborg juicer yeti bodyguards, a few psykers, one cocaine wizard, assorted perma-pissed troll-slayers & drunk suicidal failed slayers, a few daemon possessed normies with missile warheads shoved up their bums, and "Steve".

I'm looking forward to "Steve".

Why do they go from "making a speech" to "using AP ammo, explosives and flaming people":shock:?
Because "few to no social skills & zero self confidence outside murder-hoboing" is basically the definition of the player's characters and the player's... lets be nice and call it a "style".

Nah, no gamers. Squats that weren't on site when a modron/borg/berserker cube fragged their space citadel. So a mix of Rogue Traders, tramp freighter captains, and mercenaries between contracts. At least three cyborg juicer yeti bodyguards, a few psykers, one cocaine wizard, assorted perma-pissed troll-slayers & drunk suicidal failed slayers, a few daemon possessed normies with missile warheads shoved up their bums, and "Steve".

I'm looking forward to "Steve".

Because "few to no social skills & zero self confidence outside murder-hoboing" is basically the definition of the player's characters and the player's... lets be nice and call it a "style".

Every time I read posts about your game, I always think, "That would make an insane RPG campaign book!"

I mean, maybe it requires your, uh, "style" of players, but I think the gonzo over-the-top action stuff just cries out to be an adventure or campaign book :grin:

Every time I read posts about your game, I always think, "That would make an insane RPG campaign book!"

I mean, maybe it requires your, uh, "style" of players, but I think the gonzo over-the-top action stuff just cries out to be an adventure or campaign book :grin:
I keep a log. Probably ought to post it or upload & link some day. Oop, ack.

Last edited:
Re: Generation X - A Metahumans Rising Adventure

Happy World is the hottest new arcade in the city, with cheap games, surprisingly good food. Is it too good to be true? What could be danger in a new arcade?

"Well since we're at half crew its a good thing I have the old TSR Indiana Jones random adventure generator as a web page. Lemme just scribble out one map."

"This place makes no fucking sense!" "Its a temple. I blame religion." "And that random generator is pretty fuckin random. Who puts flamethrower traps on the congregation pews?" "I'm still blaming religion."

"As you round the pillar and approach the pool your flashlights pick out the back of the cave and it looks like maybe the flag in the legend is hanging ouy back there. Also perception checks to see if the Scorpitron sneaks up on you." "The wha?" "Its an 8 meter long love child of a main battle tank and a giant metal scorpion killer robot." "How do you come up with yhis crap?" "Old video games. The damn thing took almost a dozen RPG-7s, LAW rockets, and all my magchine gun ammo before killing my whole party the first time I ran across it."

"That was half my hit points! In one shot! What'll we do?" "That would have killed me. I'm not sure I can keep healing you." "Maybe not face-tank it in melee then?" "I cast dragon form." "You're gonna face-tank it aren't you?"

"The buffs wear off a bit after the fight ends and the daemon-dragon corpse turns back into half a gnome. You can drag his corpse out of the water then."

Another gm in my group has agreed to run DCC and I'm looking forward to just playing for a good long while.

To celebrate the occasion, I need some DCC dice. I'll take suggestions. I prioritize legibility, but also I'd like some pizzazz

Another gm in my group has agreed to run DCC and I'm looking forward to just playing for a good long while.

To celebrate the occasion, I need some DCC dice. I'll take suggestions. I prioritize legibility, but also I'd like some pizzazz
My advice is to just buy the dice that are unique to DCC and make sure they're a different color than your main dice. It makes it much easier to find the die you need during game play. They sell just those dice if I recall, if they sell only the full set of dice, pull out the specific special dice and add them only to your normal dice. This works much better than lining up the dice that I originally did to find the correct die.

DCC is my absolute favorite edition of D&D. The best DCC dice I have all come from Impact! Miniatures. I have a number of sets, but for maximum legibility, you can't beat the yellow dice with black lettering.

DCC is my absolute favorite edition of D&D. The best DCC dice I have all come from Impact! Miniatures. I have a number of sets, but for maximum legibility, you can't beat the yellow dice with black lettering.
Those ones are on my short list. There are a couple of neon green with black that I've been looking at and one glow in the dark. Tough choices!

My advice is to just buy the dice that are unique to DCC and make sure they're a different color than your main dice. It makes it much easier to find the die you need during game play. They sell just those dice if I recall, if they sell only the full set of dice, pull out the specific special dice and add them only to your normal dice. This works much better than lining up the dice that I originally did to find the correct die.
Yep, several in my group have them. I found a dice tray for putting each die into its own spot that I might get just because it's kind of ridiculous and awesome. Also a can cozy/mug/dice tower that is so over the top it's for sure on my list of well equipped player.

As promised, a log. More or less. Google doc, straight text file, should work. Yoink the extra space.

https: //drive.google.com/file/d/15Lg8mgaY71LiN1uDVDjbeAppG33-Yb53/view?usp=drivesdk

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back