What are you listening to?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
So, I have been buying too many albums on bandcamp.

There is someone I was following who was adding about 20 albums a week to their collection, and I was checking them all out, because there was some really good stuff in among it. I unfollowed them, and suddenly my wishlist stopped growing out of control. Mission accomplished.

Then, a day or two ago, I noticed I have a new follower. I check out their collection, and it's full of awesome female fronted power metal, progressive metal, heavy dark synth ... and it's all stuff that's new to me. I just can't win.

In other news, a couple years ago, I discovered that talented, unsigned artists doing high quality covers on Youtube was a whole thing, and spent a short while checking some of them out. I came across Lauren Babic doing collaborations with a couple of other artists, distractedly followed her on Facebook, and didn't think about it much after that. I only just discovered she's actually in a couple of bands doing some really good shit of her own. So, to round out this post, I give you some Red Handed Denial. Djent metalcore with Lauren's fabulous vocals.

And speaking of mashups, I've just discovered a YouTube channel where some mad genius takes Weird Al's polka cover medleys and replaces Al with the original artists and it's completely surreal:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back