Who is Shotgun Bob?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

E-Rocker

Not a goose
Reaction score
The other day, it occurred to me that Shotgun Bob would be a good NPC name. I don't know anything about him, though, just the name. What do you think someone named Shotgun Bob would be like?

Setting is a Rifts-esque post-post-apocalypse, system is Savage Worlds Adventure Edition.

The other day, it occurred to me that Shotgun Bob would be a good NPC name. I don't know anything about him, though, just the name. What do you think someone named Shotgun Bob would be like?

Setting is a Rifts-esque post-post-apocalypse, system is Savage Worlds Adventure Edition.
Hjalmar "Bob" Robertsson is the icelandic Second Son :shade: of Robert Dee McTwart. He shares with his father an affection for a very specific firearm and a disciplined tenacity to improve his aim. From his mother he gets a grey-green eye colour, silver blonde long tresses, odd english grammar and an ability to consume hot beverages, ideally alcoholic without getting inebriated.

"Shotgun" Bob McGurskey earned his nickname after an eventful adventure in his youth. Along with three other friends, Bob looked forward to sowing his oats and raisin' hell like all McGurekey men before they decided to settle down. It was the second night and young Bob was ripping it up at the Pour Decisions Saloon when, accounts vary wildly as to the cause, a fight broke out. Bob took the opportunity to shotgun two small casks of local ale before running off with one of the saloons doves. Well, that's what they say in the stories.

When I ran Gamma World under a different rulesystem, one of the players played a character called Wasteland Bob. Perhaps Shotgun Bob is a distant cousin?

Shotgun Bob returned from the radioactive wasteland a changed man. Not on the outside, but since then, regardless of the fact that he only ever uses revolvers and SMGs, all the "saloon ladies" called him "Shotgun Bob"::honkhonk:!

"Shotgun Bob" is not a particularly happy man. As a youth he got his two front teeth knocked out and has never been able to afford to get them replaced.

He fell in with a hard as nails group on the streets of Manchester and ran guns for Terry the Terrier, a rather unpleasant man from the West Country who'd been relocated as there was a price on his head from the Penzance Tongs.

He gets his sobriquet from a near-lethal encounter with two blockheads from Fleetwood. They'd mocked his whistle (due to the teeth) and he'd punched one of them out. Later that night they followed him home. They'd surprised him with two sawn off shotguns. One missed and the other has a misfire. Bob managed to disarm one of them while they were scrabbling to reload and proceeded to beat both of them to death with the weapon. When The Terrier, Four-Fingered Mike and Jim "Brigadier" Gray found him, he and the entire room were covered in blood and the ruined bodies of his assailants were on the floor. An assumption was made that he had 'doubled handed, double barrelled" them with the two sawn-offs and the name stuck. Since then he's always carried two sawn-offs for intimidation purposes but he'd only use them on someone who made fun of his teeth.

"Shotgun Bob" is not a particularly happy man. As a youth he got his two front teeth knocked out and has never been able to afford to get them replaced.

He fell in with a hard as nails group on the streets of Manchester and ran guns for Terry the Terrier, a rather unpleasant man from the West Country who'd been relocated as there was a price on his head from the Penzance Tongs.

He gets his sobriquet from a near-lethal encounter with two blockheads from Fleetwood. They'd mocked his whistle (due to the teeth) and he'd punched one of them out. Later that night they followed him home. They'd surprised him with two sawn off shotguns. One missed and the other has a misfire. Bob managed to disarm one of them while they were scrabbling to reload and proceeded to beat both of them to death with the weapon. When The Terrier, Four-Fingered Mike and Jim "Brigadier" Gray found him, he and the entire room were covered in blood and the ruined bodies of his assailants were on the floor. An assumption was made that he had 'doubled handed, double barrelled" them with the two sawn-offs and the name stuck. Since then he's always carried two sawn-offs for intimidation purposes but he'd only use them on someone who made fun of his teeth.
...a great example of why courtesy and etiquette are very, very important for PCs, and the best part is it doesn't involve any rulers or GMPCs:grin:!

Any of my GenX peeps remember Sunset Sam? (RIP Michael Nesmith...(the "AI" seems to be just the sound and picture enhancement compared to other versions , but unsure, otherwise, I'd go with a blurier video)

I am technically a Gen Xer...:grin:

No idea who that is:thumbsup:!

Ah yes, Shotgun Bob. :kiss: She's that manic pixie in a short haircut who drank her canned beer only that way, shotgun style. Was never ashamed of her bad choices (bangs, am I right?) and always had a crazy story to share. Part of my heart is still with her out there on the road... somewhere. :brokenheart: To you, Shotgun Bob! :shade::drink:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back