[Bit of Fun] Guess the RPG from a screenshot of a page spread!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
The first is Dragon Quest.
The second is an expansion for Babylon on which fame and jubilation are bestowed.

You may wish to remove references to the games' names before posting next time.
Correct on both, though the latter is the Core rulebook (Corrected Version) for 1st ed. Babylon on Which Fame and Jubilation are Bestowed. I actually realized that the text included the game's initials, but it is such a niche product that I didn't think this was a bad thing.

Given the typography and the 'Integration with Traveller' heading, it was fairly obviously a GDW publication. Given enough guesses, I suppose someone was eventually bound to get it right. Still, it took guesses of Snapshot and Striker to eliminate the other possibilities.
AZH is "in the Traveller universe".

Some of the acronyms suggest World of Warcraft. There were a couple of WoW tabletop RPGs—or multiple editions of the same one, I can’t recall—but I’ve never seen any of them.
That is clever reasoning and, in a sense, sort of on the right track, but it's not a World of Warcraft RPG.

Pagan Publishing's Delta Green.
Aye. Was a memorable page. No idea on yours, not a system I'm familiar with and the art doesn't ring a bell.

Last one for a while from me
20220725_093416.jpg

Now get a game like D&D 3.x, etc., or something like Mythras and do a flow chart at the same level of detail. Even ignoring options feats give in D&D it'll be as 'bad' or worse.
It's not the complexity of the rules, it's the overwhelming visual. :grin:

It's not the complexity of the rules, it's the overwhelming visual. :grin:
Oh, I realise. It's a very common reaction from people not used to flow charts from back when they were used to display complex processes. However, the grumpy pedant in me is compelled to point out that tons of games are at least as 'complex' when laid out like that.

Here's the other page, for those interested:P58.png

The typography looks like FGU, so I guess either Space Opera or Other Suns.

TNE, by a process of elimination. The 11,000 worlds bit implies Traveller.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back