[Bit of Fun] Guess the RPG from a screenshot of a page spread!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
One more and then I'll stop, for a while at least. Sorry about the items used to hold the book open; there is also a little redaction.

IMG_0082 - Copy.jpg

Aye. Was a memorable page. No idea on yours, not a system I'm familiar with and the art doesn't ring a bell.
I'll give you the first one - FUDGE. I can remember Steffan O'Sullivan and crew hammering out that system back in the days of rec.games.frp.misc. Geez, I feel old... :grin:

The other one remains un-guessed. I'll give a few hints for anyone who's still game to guess it. The system is now OGL, uses only one type of die, and has been around since the late 80s. Now to rifle through my virtual library some more...

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, by GDW.
Nope. Same publisher I believe, possibly same system depending on edition. As much as I like the C&D idea I've never haf that one on hand. This one is a bit more mercenary, and nightmare-ish.

Yes! It would have been a bit easier if the second page had shown up. :sad:

Not gonna lie, it was purely a guess on my part. I figured it was a superhero game by the combination of the stat range and the image of something that resembled the modern day. From the text I was guessing late 70s or early 80s, and there weren't a lot of other superhero games from that era besides V&V and Champions.

Nope. Same publisher I believe, possibly same system depending on edition. As much as I like the C&D idea I've never haf that one on hand. This one is a bit more mercenary, and nightmare-ish.
In that case it's Twilight Nightmares (which I'd forgotten had dinosaurs in it), for Merc:2000, which was a supplement for Twilight:2000. GDW did some pretty fun adventures back in the day, though they tended to assume a pretty fixed path, so if the PCs went off the rails the referee had to be quick on their feet.

In that case it's Twilight Nightmares (which I'd forgotten had dinosaurs in it), for Merc:2000, which was a supplement for Twilight:2000. GDW did some pretty fun adventures back in the day, though they tended to assume a pretty fixed path, so if the PCs went off the rails the referee had to be quick on their feet.
That's the one. I didn't consider the adventures railroads, just space constrained, and the ones I've used had enough characterization & logical plot/motivation to carry me through going off the rails.

Have another.
20220726_221932.jpg

That's the one. I didn't consider the adventures railroads, just space constrained, and the ones I've used had enough characterization & logical plot/motivation to carry me through going off the rails.
That's why I said 'assumes a fixed path' - they aren't railroaded as such, they just assume the party will follow the expected plot.
I feel I should know this, but I can't place it. I'm pretty sure I don't own it, whatever it is.

And another offering (the image has some blurriness from compression, sorry):
rpgpub-mystery.JPG

Have another.
View attachment 48093
The stat block looks like WEG's masterbook system, though the lore here doesn't look like TORG or Shatterzone, so I'm guessing it's something for Bloodshadows (which I never owned).

Nope. Here's a hint: it's a supplement for a game line that's appeared earlier in this thread.
Oh, the supplement with government agencies for Delta Green, then:grin:?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back