Character Creation Challenge 2022

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I love this part. Bravo.

I had Lucius Lavin in mind when writing up Orez Eno, but you've really nailed the concept.

(grins) Thankew kindly. Honestly, playing him as bombastic and over the top as possible is the way to go. (And since he actually IS a good looking fellow who's a skilled bard and poet, there's no lack of gullible folk hanging breathlessly upon his every utterance.)

Probably Yzak and Orez wouldn't have coexisted well in the same town, back in the day. Nowadays, I wager that Yzak would butter Orez up and compose a ballad on the spot extolling the wizard's great might and glorious deeds.

After all, Orez wouldn't be a threat to Yzak's love live, it never pays to piss off a powerful wizard, and who knows, maybe the mighty Master Eno will reward him!

Let all you kindly gentlefolk pay heed upon my song --
For here among you stands erect a giant among men!
Orez Eno he is called, the bane of evil's throng,
So praise him now, for ne'er we'll see his like ever again! ...

(Eh, like Yzak, I'm pretty good with composing doggerel on the spot.)

Last edited:
Cricket Kid (James Crawford)

Drive: Spirit of Adventure

Might: Average Superhuman
Agility: Spectacular Superhuman
Toughness: Exceptional Human
Intellect: Average Superhuman
Knowledge: Exceptional Human
Resolve: Spectacular Human

Powers:
Cricket Battle Suit: James created a battle suit that provides him with Exceptional Superhuman body armor, leaping, sonic blasters and Spectacular Superhuman shrinking (down to one inch in height.) The suit also has a program that gives him enhanced senses at Average Superhuman levels (vision, hearing), protection from sensory attacks and enhanced strength as well as a advanced programs which let's him mimic the best martial artists in the world. (Noted by his enhanced agility level.)

James Crawford is a brilliant fourteen year old boy, who living with his great aunt Ivy, found himself bored with classes at MIT so he doodled plans for a battle suit in one while also taking notes in his computer courses. The plans he turned into reality for very much the same reason--he had nothing better to do than create it during the holiday break. Though the suit has many variations this is the current one and so far most capable. During his free time when he's supposed to be meeting with friends he takes the battle suit out and uses it to stop criminals because of his Aunt's belief that she instilled him to use his mind humanity.

At heart James is a good kid, who'se going through adolescence without many friends his age because of really not being good at making them and most of his peers being at least a decade older than himself.

Attachments

• 0c0c18ecda76529f8b8411f2f57a8373.jpg
    0c0c18ecda76529f8b8411f2f57a8373.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1
Day 30: HeroQuest 2e

I kind of wanted to go with QuestWorlds for this, but I'm not up to speed on the changes made to the HeroQuest I'm familiar with. So I went with HQ 2e for this one, using a modified (abbreviated) List Method to create the character. In short, I always felt like making people come up with 10 abilities was too much and leads to some abilities being rarely or never used(like having too many Fate aspects) and so I say anything between 5-10 is good.

If you're unfamiliar with the game, abilities are assigned on a 1-20 scale. When abilities go over 20 they gain "Mastery" and instead of being written as 21 are instead written as 1M. Masteries stack, such that 41 they become 1M2 to indicate 2 levels of mastery. Mastery trumps non-mastery by reducing the degree of success of the non-mastery, turning success into failure or failure into a fumble. Mastery also cancels out, so that if one character has 4M and another 10M, the values effectively become 4 vs 10. Likewise if one has 5M and another 5M2 (one level of mastery vs two levels of mastery), the mastery cancels each other and becomes 5 vs 5M. It's a fairly elegant way of handling scale that I haven't encountered in any other game.

Today is a revenant gunslinger for a supernatural Old West game. They called him Hazard when he was alive. He killed a Native American man in a moment of fear and confusion, and himself killed in retaliation. That night an Apache war band slipped in under the cover of darkness provided by the New Moon and took Hazard's body. They brought his corpse to the grieving widow who, along with the other women of the tribe, laid the curse of undeath on Hazard. He was to wander the world for twelve generations, bringing Justice where there was none to be found.

Name: Jacob 'Hazard' Hawkins
Abilities:
Revenant Gunslinger 5M
-- Twin Colt Single-Action Revolvers +1
Champion of Justice 15
The Chill of the Grave 14
Seen Things, Knows Things 14
Unwavering Determination 14
A Shadow in the Night 19
Tracking 14
Card Sharp 13

Flaws:
Cursed (undead)
Ghosts from His Past Life
Animals Panic When Near

And now a StarORE character I've always wanted to play...:grin:

Smashahaka the Wookie!
I'm going to build him at merely 150 points. 20 of which go towards his species...

+2d Body, -1d Command; speak only Shyriiwook; heal twice as fast; massive (+1 damage hand-to-hand, +1 wound box per location, x2 mass, x2 lifting capacity)
Wookiee rage (costs 1 Willpower per round, +1hd Body, shrug off 1 damage per attack, no actions requiring patience).
In my reading, the first point in stats and Sense Force is free, though. Which might be a bonus, but even that would leave him with 185 points, which is within the limits.

Body 4, upgraded to 6 by species.
Coor 4
Sense 2
Brain 3
Command 4, downgraded to 3 by species (because you might not be understanding what the wookie says, but you're going to pay attention...:devil:)
Cool 3

Sense Force:1
Willpower: 6
65 points went towards stats.
20 more towards his two signature skills
56 more go to give him 2 points in stuff he needs (but of course he's relying mostly on stats), leaving me with 9 points.
So I bump his Health and Dodge by 1 point each, and give him another point of Brain, making him better at his job.

Athletics 2
Acrobatics 2
Blasters 2
Brawling 5
Dodge 3
Health 3
Intimidation 2
Lore (space) 2
Melee 5
Persuade 2
Pilot (space transport) 2
Running 2
Sight 2
Stability 2
Streetwise 1
Tech 2
Throw 1

And Smashahaka the Wookie is born. He's a wandering wookie technician working on spaceships that are Totally Not Traveller Material, looking to see a new star as often as possible. He is looking for something, but what?
He doesn't know himself, some would say. Others suspect he's just not telling.
But nobody wants to face him (and the quarterstaff he's carrying around "for support" in civilised places...in dens of scum and villainy he also has grenades and a blaster) when he gets angry. Luckily, he doesn't drink...usually.

And yes, I just made a character who walks around with a belt of grenades, repair tools and a quarterstaff. If anyone is wondering, that belt is black as well, but it serves a purpose, right:tongue:?
Also, his best buddy is a medical droid:grin:!

As I mentioned in another thread, the phrase "post-apocalyptic wasteland" brings me to my happy place, so today I will be making a character for Mutant Bikers of the Atomic Wasteland 20th Anniversary Edition.

Character 30: Ned Skullface

Spend 30 points on skills.

Blow Things Up: Superb (5 points)
Patch People Up: Great (4 points)
Drive Like Mad: Good (3 points)
Take it Like a Man: Fair (2 points)
Dodge Out of the Way: Good (3 points)
Fix Broken Stuff: Great (4 points)
Figure Things Out: Good (3 points)
Interact With Others: Superb (5 points)
Notice Things Happening: Mediocre (1 point)

Choose a Gift: Many People Owe Him Favors

Choose a Flaw: Phobia (Mutants)

Now rolling d20 x3 to get Ned's 3 starting weapons. It's assumed that between one session and the next, you've lost your old weapons & gain new ones, which is a feature I really like.

Rocket Launcher with 1 Rocker
Flamethrower
Chain Gun

I'm not sure what a Chain Gun is, but I will let my imagination run wild!

I would love to play or run this game sometime. It seems really fun. I once tried to create my own homebrew simple post-apocalyptic wasteland game, but this one seems better-thought-out and more coherent than mine. I also absolutely love how there are just skills and no attributes. It's an approach I wish more games would take.

Day 30: And it's my last wargame list, with the excellent Outlaws of Sherwood from Pulp Action Library.

Name: Das Blutige Schwert
Faction: Foreign Mercenaries
Path: Dishonour
Reptuation: 5

Name: Lothar Knoblocks
Captain of Foot Soldiers
Hero
Combat Skill 5
Heavy Armour, Shield, Sword, Crossbow
Attributes: Fierce Scars (+2 RP. Churls must roll their CS to gather their courage to attack)

Name: Lando Húlins
Sergeant
Yeoman
Combat Skill: 4
Attributes: Greedy. Will always go for the gold. Double RP for gaining wealth.

Name: Isenbert Werkmaister
Sergeant
Yeoman
Combat Skill: 4

4 Light Crossbowmen
Churls
Combat Skill 3
Crossbow, Light Armour

4 Medium Foot Soldiers
Churls
Combat Skill 3
Swords, Light Armour

6 Heavy Foot Soldiers
Churls
Combat Skill 3
Swords Heavy Armour, Shields

Special Event Cards:
Vile Wickednesse!, Might Makes Right, Ransack, Fortune Is On Our Side, Move Swiftly, Run for Safety

Background: A mercenary company from the Holy Roman Empire. They sometimes work for the sheriff but when not being paid quickly resort to banditry. When bored they've been known to set fire to peasant villages just for shits and giggles. They get bored a lot. Naturally, they all speak with outrageous German accents..

Notes; These are fun, partly because they have a good reason to fight any other faction, including other foreign mercenaries.

Last edited:
Something a little different tonight:

Fabled Lands Book 2: Cities of Gold and Glory

Zimir
Profession: Mage

Abilities
Charisma: 2
Combat: 2
Magic: 6
Sanctity: 1
Scouting: 5
Thievery: 3

Defense: 6
Stamina: 13

Possessions: sword, leather jerkin (+2 defense), map

Currency: 16 shards

Zimir grew up listening to tales of his grandfather's adventures in faraway lands, and always dreamed of following in his footsteps. He apprenticed himself to a master wizard, where he excelled. Upon graduating to the rank of journeyman, he took the map and ship his grandfather had left him and set out. He is bright and resourceful, but can be naive and overconfident.

Day 30

Okay! Two more days to go! Here's a character for a game that I've never played before - Micahel Desing's Shards of Tomorrow.

Grildar

Archetype
: Trog Warrior (Level 1, 0 XP)
Alignment: Neutral
Purpose: To protect and bring glory to his found family of mercenaries

ATTRIBUTES
Strength 12 (+3), Intelligence 5 (-1), Wisdom 11 (+2), Dexterity 11 (+2), Constitution 10 (+2), Charisma 8 (+1)

COMBAT ABILITIES

Hit Points: 5, Armor Class: 14, Feat: +7

ARCHETYPE QUALITIES
Armor: Heavy
Weapons: Heavy
Abilities: Darkvision 60', 2-Handed Fighting, Sneak, Regenerate 1 HP/Round, +LM to CON Rating

EQUIPMENT
5 credits
Blast pistol (+3 Hit, 1d6 damage, RoF 2, Range 30')
Greatsword (+4 Hit, 1d10 damage)
Light Flex Armor (+2 AC)

Day #30
Palladium Fantasy Roleplaying 1st Edition Revised
Gersi the Immense
Human
Diabolist
IQ22+7 all skills
ME22+4 vs psionic attack, +5 vs insanity
MA12
PS550lbs carried
PP8
PE11
PB13
Speed10
21 years old
5'9"
HP13
Last Born
Obese
Family Background:Man at Arms
Disposition:Paternal
DislikesWolfen
HomelandThe Great Northern Wilderness
AlignmentScrupulous
Class Abilities
Knows all Power Words
Knows all Symbols
Knows all Runes
Knows Wards
Max Active Wards/Day3
Decipher Circles Function25%
Decipher Circles Invocation15%
+1 saves vs Cirlces
Skills
Study Circles
Medical35/39%
HorsemanshipRiding/Care/Feeding
W.P. Crossbow
Faerie Lore37
Read/Write Faerie77
Speak Wolfen99
Read/Write Northern77
Speak Faerie97
Demon/Devil Lore52
Prowl9
Recognize Weapon Quality11
Inventory
Clothes, Boots, Belt, Lg Sack, Notebook,Ink,Pen,Quill, Chalk,knife,Crossbow, 12 Bolts,35gp

Gersi grew up in the Great Northern Wilderness. Fat and intelligent he was often teased by his peers. Fortunately he was taken in by a Diabolist as an apprentice. His family was killed by Wolfen. He seeks power to get revenge.

Day 31 (Yay!)

Pracek Snowbeard (GURPS fantasy character, 150 pts)

ST: 11
DX: 12
IQ: 12
HT: 12

ADVANTAGES:
Born Sailor/3; Combat Calm; Contact Group (traders, smugglers); Language: Altanian (A/A); Language: Solonendi (A/A); Rank/4 (merchant captain); Sea Legs; Will Bonus/2.

DISADVANTAGES: Code of Honor (Professional); Fanaticism; Guilt Complex; Secret (slave trader, -15); Vow (major; free slaves!).

SKILLS: Acting-11; Accounting-11; Administration-13; Area Knowledge (coastal Altanian waters)-13; Boating-14; Brawling-13; Crossbow-12; Disguise-12; Fast-Talk-13; First Aid-12; Freight Handling-12; Leadership-13; Merchant-13; Navigation-13; Seamanship-15; Shiphandling-14; Shortsword-13; Smuggling-14; Streetwise-13; Tactics-12; Weather Sense-14.

QUIRKS: Drinks too much; Is convinced he is damned; Paranoid.

Captain Pracek is an unhappy, fretful man. The half-owner of the Honest Mistake, he’s a good, experienced sea captain, and has a reputation to match. But far, far too often he carries illegal cargoes at the behest of the shorebound investors who own the other half of his ship, and does so through waters claimed by nations that have a dim official regard for smugglers, and impaling stakes ready for those they catch at it.

That’s part of the problem.

The bigger problem is that Cap’n Pracek traffics in slaves. Not many at any given time, but he’ll venture into the bad parts of the port towns – often off of regular sea lanes – buy a handful of slaves, and ship them out. The countries of the Altanian littoral are happy to sell, but the anti-slavery patrol of the Elven Empire – past which the Mistake has to sail – has their spies everywhere, so it is said. And what they do to slave traffickers, before the bastards are finally allowed to die, is something few dare to think about, let alone mention.

That, too, is part of the problem.

The rest of it is that Cap’n Pracek is really an abolitionist, and a fanatical one, and deep down an honest and good man. He buys the slaves in order to free them, but keeps that very quiet as well: from his investors, who’d be both enraged at the loss of profits and the risk to them if word got out they were in the slave trade for nothing. From his crew, villains and scoundrels every one, the sort he needs to hire to run a working smuggler/slaver. He’s almost exhausted his personal fortune to cover the shortfall on the books, but he’s too afraid of being exposed to trust anyone to help.

And it’s breaking him: the lies he has to tell, the people he can’t save, the person he has to pretend to be, the villains to whom he’s forced to cosy up. (The "Snowbeard" byname is a recent thing; his beard's come in white during the last year from the stress.) He is sure that his soul is damned for his many crimes, real and imagined, and he has no doubts that he will die horribly ... whether at the hands of the tax collectors, the elven Navy, other smugglers, his co-owners, his own crew. He even wonders whether some slave will strangle him one day in an escape attempt, and almost feels relief at the thought ... until he realizes that his legacy will be to have a blackened name as a slave trader, where his own family will spit on his grave, and then he reaches for the bottle again. Pracek has taken to drink to quell the dreams, and is well on his way to alcoholism.

(Just a guy I thought up last night ... and yay, I'm done!)

The Dark Archer (Daniel Titus)
Drive: Responsibility of Power

Might: Exceptional Human
Agility: Spectacular Human
Toughness: Spectacular Human
Intellect: Exceptional Human
Knowledge: Exceptional Human
Resolve: Exceptional Human

Power(s)
Superskill: Archery. The Dark Archer is a master of the bow and has Exceptional Superhuman skill with bows.
Shadow Control: The Dark Archer can create arrows with Average Superhuman ability out of what amounts to solidified shadow. He uses it only as last resort because the effort is rather draining. However these arrows can entangle, pierce, blind and cause other effects tied to their shadowy nature. He still wears a quiver of normal arrows for regular use.
Heightened Senses: Nightvision, Exceptional Superhuman to see through darkness and shadows.

Daniel was a world renowned archer who earned numerous accolades with his amazing skill. However, he was caught up in the machinations of the villain Dame Darkness.
She used him as an experimental subject triggering his power over shadows to emerge. Daniel then used his abilities to free other test subjects from her control though several had already died. He was drive therafter to use his newfound power and his skills to try and oppose the villain whenever she appeared. In addition to this he carried his ideals to oppose other villains who would harm innocents.

Attachments

• dark_archer_by_silverlion_d225fo5-fullview.jpg
    dark_archer_by_silverlion_d225fo5-fullview.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1
Day 31: Talislanta 4e

My first Talislanta character for this challenge was for The Savage Land. Today, for the last day of the challenge (and my last for at least a little while), I return to the original game. It's been a fun month, with 32 characters in 31 days (there was a bonus character one day). I am admittedly now a little worn out creatively speaking, but still hold that it was fun and totally worthwhile. Especially seeing the characters you all posted and will hopefully continue to post as you are able.

Now to our character...

Khelait is a Jaka who had been disgraced and unwelcome in his homeland. To make amends, he was named "Manhunter" and sent to execute a bounty his tribe fully expected would kill him. Instead, he succeeded in his charge and regained his honor, and earned no small reputation as well. But that means little to him. For his people to have turned on him so easily in the first place left a bitter taste in his mouth and he set out to make his own way in the world.

He crossed the Weeping River and into the darkness of the Werewood. There he spied a Dhuna Witch who had been chased into Werewood, hunted by an Aamanian Witch Hunter. He could plainly see that she was very nearly done for. Against his better judgement Khelait intervened, helping the witch escape by engaging the Witch Hunter in combat. His duel with the Aamanian nearly cost his life. The Witch Hunter himself was injured in the fight as well and escaped to await a more opportune time to take his quarry.

Months later and nearer to the country of Cymril, Khelait now finds himself wanted among the Inquisitors of Aaman, with himself the target of a bounty. He never knew whatever became of the witch woman. He looked for her after his fight with the Witch Hunter, but he never found her. Now as he himself is hunted he can only hope Fortune will look with favor upon him for his previous kindness. His current plan is to move to the Sapphire Mountains and there hopefully shake those that now pursue him.

He could do with some new friends right about now.

Name: Khelait
Archetype: Jaka Manhunter

Str: +1 Dex: +3 Con: +2 Spd: +3
Per: +3 Cha: -2 Wil: -1 Int: +0

HP: 26 CR: +4 MR: +0

Skills:
Longsword +2
Short Bow +3
Dagger +2
Brawling +1
Mounted Combat +2
Tracking (by scent) +5
Stealth +4
Traps +3
Survival +5
Weaponer +3
Artificer +3
Ride +3

Languages:
Sign, native
Low Talislan, native dialect

Special:
Land on feet after falls of up to thirty feet
natural Stealth ability (+3)
night vision
Sixth Sense +5
without their talismans, Jaka react to magic with INT -4.

Equipment:
Loincloth, vest, leg and arm bracers (all of boiled leather)
talisman worn on thong around neck
short bow with quiver of twenty arrows
longsword
dagger
rope
graymane steed
100 gold lumens in assorted currencies.

Appearance:
5’8", 140lbs. Sleek orange-black fur, white-gray mane,
blazing green eyes, lithe muscularity,
features a cross between wolf and panther.

I like this guy, Savage Schemer, and he'd fit in very nicely in the next adventure I'm doing for my group. Mind if I pinch him? (grins)

I'm a day behind, so here's mine for yesterday. Not sure if I will get around to my last one tonight.

Day 30: Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition, Chaosium Inc.

Name: Franz "Frank" Stock
Time Period: 1920s
Residence: Chicago, IL
Birthplace: Near Freeport, IL

Strength: 70
Constitution: 80
Size: 55
Dexterity: 50
Appearance: 60
Education: 66
Intelligence: 60
Power: 40

Move Rate: 8
Hit Points: 13
Current Sanity: 34 (Maximum: 40)
Magic Points: 8
Luck: 45
Damage Bonus: +1d4

Skills (at default values unless noted)
Art/Craft: Photography 25%
Credit Rating 20%
Disguise 25%
Drive Auto 40%
Fast Talk 25%
Fighting: Brawl 45%
Firearms: Handgun 55%
Firearms: Rifle/Shotgun 40%
History 25%
Language: English 66%
Law 40%
Library Use 70%
Listen 35%
Locksmith 21%
Psychology 60%
Spot Hidden 77%
Stealth 40%
Track 30%

Cash: $40
Spending Level: $10
Assets: $1000

Special Options:
Police Experience Package (-6 SAN, Phobia: heights, 60 bonus skill points, immune to SAN loss from viewing a corpse)

Gear: Hat, Trenchcoat, M1911 Pistol with 3 Magazines, Shoulder Holster, Notebook, Pen, Cigarette Case with Engraved Initials, Lockpick Set, Small Office in Old Office Building, Modest Apartment, Average Sedan

Physical Description: Average height with an athletic build; handsome but often with a weary expression on his face.

Backstory: Franz Stock was born into a German immigrant family in northwest Illinois, and was the youngest of five children. Not wanting to stay on the farm with his older siblings, he headed to Chicago once he reached adulthood, and was admitted into the police academy after a year of doing odd jobs. He did well, and became a police officer once he graduated, eventually becoming a detective as he gradually rose through the ranks. During the war, he started going by Frank rather than Franz, something he has kept to this day with everyone except those who know him well. Frank saw some shocking things during his time as a cop, but he endured them, feeling that he could cope with it as long as he had a purpose. Eventually, though, the growing corruption at all levels of the city's government, including the force, became too much for his resolve, and he decided to strike out on his own as a private investigator, which he's been doing for the past three years. A city like Chicago has no end of potential clients, so he stays busy, if not always well-paid.

And finally, Day 31, the OSR does Gothic Horror with Ghastly Affair.

Name: Mina Bunan
Class: Libertine
Perversity: 17
Personality: A true hedonist, with no moral constraints and no sense of shame.
Appearance: Attractive, but wild looking
Most memorable feature: The insane look in her eyes
Level: 1st
HP: 6
Wealth: Middle Class
Speed: 9
Armour Class: 10
Damage Bonus: 0

Charisma: 14
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 11
Strength: 14
Dexterity: 11
Constitution: 12

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Disguise (+1), Dueling (+1/+3), Fraud (+1), Sneak (+1), Seduction (+1)
WEAKNESSES: Faithless Lover, Fascinated By Innocence
HIT DICE: d6
TYPICAL EQUIPMENT: Sword Cane, 1 set of extravagant clothes, a piece of jewelry with a secret compartment (for a miniature erotic picture, or poison), a walking stick or parasol, a journal, pen & ink, a box of condoms, a pipe with hashish, a vial of laudanum, a small book of erotica, love letters, a make-up kit, forged credentials, a lock of hair from a early conquest, £500 (half of which is forged bank notes)
Assets: Escape Artist
Afflictions: Afraid of dogs

Background: So far the respectable middle class Bunan family have managed to stop the activities of their long disowned daughter reaching public attention. Still, it's only a matter of time if she carries on growing in notoriety...

Notes: Mina has a ridiculously high Perversity. Libertines start higher than anyone else and she rolled the maximum possible for a libertine! The book gives Roderic Borgia as an example of someone at that level!

Day 31

I'm going to end with SUPERS! Revised. I couldn't decide between two old Champions characters that I wanted to convert, so I'll convert them both. Here they are ...

Mandrake (18D)

ORIGIN: Magic

RESISTANCES (5D)
Composure 2D, Fortitude 2D, Reaction 2D, Will 3D

APTITUDES (4D)
Academia 2D, Athleticism 2D, Fighting 2D, Occultism 2D

POWERS (10D)
Elemental Control 3D (Wood), Energy Control 3D (Eldritch; Complication: Must Be Focused Through Staff), Flight 3D (Complication: Must Be Focused Through Staff), Plant Control 3D

ADVANTAGES (1D)
Instant Change

DISADVANTAGES
(-2D)
Secret Identity 1D, Vulnerability (Fire) 1D

COMPETENCY DICE: 2D

Miss Mass (15D)

ORIGIN: Altered Human

RESISTANCES (6D)
Composure 2D, Fortitude 4D, Reaction 2D, Will 2D

APTITUDES (2D)
Performance 2D (Trade-Off: More Dance 3D Than Anything Else 1D), Presence 2D

POWERS (10D)
Density Control 4D (Complication: Self Only), Insubstantiality 4D, Super Strength 4D (Complication: Linked to Density Control), Teleportation 1D

ADVANTAGES (1D)
Heavy 1D

DISADVANTAGES (-4D)
Dependent (Father) 1D, Enemy (Salvador/Conquistador) 1D, Secret Identity (Gabriela Barret) 1D, Unnaturally Heavy (Minor Social Hindrance) 1D

COMPETENCY DICE: 5D

Both of these characters were teen heroes, but for different campaigns.

Mandrake is Charlie Blake, a teenager who unlocked magical powers while exploring his family history for a school project. Basically, his powers come from his colonial ancestors, one of whom was a formerly enslaved man with animistic control over plants and the other of whom was a woman who practiced magic and was labeled a witch. The two fell in love and lived in the wilderness until the colonists who'd oppressed them caught up with and executed them. Their spirits, however, preserved and were bound in a locket that Charlie Blake opened over the course of his research. His ancestors' spirits imbued him with magical powers, and he was subsequently recruited by an X-Men-like school for young magicians and trained to fight against supernatural threats.

Miss Mass is Gaby Barret, a high school student who surprised her physicist father at work on the wrong day and got fused with a singularity. This accident granted her the ability to transfer her mass to and from another dimension. She is capable of lifting over 20 tons and shrugging off small arms fire (and more) when at her maximum density and of passing through walls when at her minimum. She is also able to teleport by blinking between the dimensions that the singularity connects her two. An slight imbalance in her link between dimensions has made her default weight 500 lbs. despite her slim build, which makes for awkward social situations when she's not concentrating on using her powers to compensate. Gaby and other teens with powers were taken in and trained by Salvador, who turned out to be a villain in the end. Miss Mass and her teammates now use their powers to stymie Salvador (now Conquistador's) villainous plans.

Well, that does it! I made it! T'was loads of fun! Starting tomorrow, I'm going to dive back into the thread and carefully read through everybody else's contributions. I was caught up in doing so until about halfway through, but I reached a point where all I could do was log in and post my own stuff. It'll be fun catching up. Thanks for welcoming me into the group, folks!

All the best,

TGIDragonfly

I'm short on time and energy, so for my 31st character, I will use another Tricube Tales game, Metahuman Uprising.

Trait: Crafty
Concept: Detective
Perk: Telepath
Quirk: Honorable
3 Karma
3 Resolve

I'm Dave, AKA Mind-Man, here to help my super-team solve mysteries.

Rolling for starting scenario:

"The heroes must deal with a callous mercenary who plans to steal government secrets with the further complication of plans within plans."

Last character (only #4 for me). Mixing things up even more.

Shotguns & Saddles

Sienna Tyler
Level: 0
Alignment: Black Hat
Background: Launderer (+1 Athletics, Fighting, Stealth, Quickness)

Athletics: 11 (+0)
Book Learning: 13 (+1)
Fighting: 10 (+0)
Frontier: 7 (-1)
Grit: 7 (-1)
Horsemanship: 6 (-1)
Perception: 12 (+0)
Presence: 10 (+0)
Shooting: 14 (+1)
Stealth: 14 (+1)
Strength: 9 (+0)
Quickness: 12 (+0)

Special Ability: Quick (+2 to initiative)

Move: 3"
Defense: 10

Hit Points: 2 (1d4)

Weapons:
Rifle (1d12, 10 shots, range 48/96, 10 lbs) in rifle scabbard {2 lbs} w/ 100 rounds rifle ammunition {2 lbs}
Long barreled pistol (1d10, 6 shots, range 24/48, 3 lbs) w/ 100 rounds heavy ammo (3 lbs)
Knife (1d4, 1 lb)

Gear: Bedroll, Belt, pistol; boots, cheap hat, vest, pocket watch, sack [trail rations (1 week), bottle of whiskey (x2), canteen, pocket knife, deck of cards, dice set, mess kit] {36lbs}

Currency: $17.50

Total weight: 57 (-1" move, -2 checks)

Appearance: 4' 10", curly brown hair, slight build, dresses in men's clothing.

Concept/backstory: Sienna was born to a wealthy family and received a good education, but in her teens her father lost the family fortune in a series of bad busines deals. She was married off to man for the dowry, moved south, then the damn fool man got himself killed in a drunken brawl.

A widow and penniless, at first she worked at a laundry house, barely scraping by. So when the day came that a customer brought in a vest with a wallet full of money in the vest pocket, she took it and ran. The customer chased her down personally to take his revenge, and she killed him with the gun she'd bought with his money. Knowing no judge would take the word of a thief, let alone a female one, she fled to the frontier out West.

Since then, she's fallen in with a band of outlaws. Her sneakiness and sure hand allowed her to prove her worth over their prejudices. While her backstory may be tragic, she has since grown callous and ruthless in her attitude toward life and people, and feels no remorse for the harm she's done to others.

Satake Motoyuki, a Level 2 Bushido Bushi I'm working up for a play by post:

Sorry, too lazy to transfer into text here...

I rolled an 01 for social so he's a high ranking samurai in service which will be interesting for the campaign.

Day #31
TWERPS

Not feeling it tonight but I'm to close to quit so I'm limping across the finish line with the worlds easiest system

Jinx Feldman
Strength: 1

Jinx aspires to be an average man. For now he settles for having a pulse and a pistol.

With January in the books, here's the tally (pending stragglers):

Ravenswing - 31
Savage Schemer - 31
Black Leaf - 31
E-Rocker - 31
TGIDragonfly - 31
Bunch - 31
Dyrnwyn - 30
Silverlion - 16
Stan - 16
AsenRG - 15
Jamfke - 15
RaniE - 11
The Convenient Skill - 11
Caesar Slaad - 9
Picaroon Jack - 9
ffliz- 7
LikelyArrow - 4
Jenx - 3
Mankcam - 3
The Butcher- 2

Fenris-77, David Johansen, Endless Flight and Ynas Midgard each have 1.

Great work, all!

Maybe I'll have to do some late entries. Yet again, I didn't manage to get a Cold Iron character posted...

With January in the books, here's the tally (pending stragglers):

Ravenswing - 31
Savage Schemer - 31
Black Leaf - 31
E-Rocker - 31
TGIDragonfly - 31
Bunch - 31
Dyrnwyn - 30
Silverlion - 16
Stan - 16
AsenRG - 15
Jamfke - 15
RaniE - 11
The Convenient Skill - 11
Caesar Slaad - 9
Picaroon Jack - 9
ffliz- 7
LikelyArrow - 4
Jenx - 3
Mankcam - 3
The Butcher- 2

Fenris-77, David Johansen, Endless Flight and Ynas Midgard each have 1.

Great work, all!
I have NOT given up on catching up:devil:!

You can do it, AsenRG AsenRG !
Thank you for the support, both of you:thumbsup:!
All month long!!!!!
...and you, how did you know:shock:?

So without further ado... a character for Avatar the Last Airbender Ultralite - which I found on itch.io, but I'm pretty much loving so far. All two pages of it:shade:!

Kanya is a placid girl (she is a young adult, as they say) has slanted gray eyes that are like two silver coins. Her silky, straight, yellow hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a waterfall. She has thin lips and a weak chin. Her wardrobe is businesslike and elegant, with a lot of yellow, which she believes is distracting from the fact that she is very short. However, she has an athletic build with surprisingly QUICK movements.
Her skin is cream-colored, legacy of growing up in Republic City. She's a waterbender.
The three distinctive things about her are the wind-and-fire wheels (风火轮 or 風火輪) she wears around on her waist. Her teacher asked her to do so, fearing the gangs of Republic city...combined with the fact that she stubbornly refuses to hide the jade pendant her long-distance boyfriend sent her, and the fact that she does wander a lot with her painting set, looking for inspiring vistas.
And that would have probably been enough to keep her out of trouble, if it wasn't for her younger sister, Min...:devil:

And that's it for 16-01-2022:grin:!

Alright, here's my last one for the month. Most of my characters have been serious; this one...is not.

Day 31: Risus, Big Dice Games

Name: James Dalton (but pretty much always just "Dalton")
Concept: Cooler

1. Never Underestimate Your Opponent - Expect the Unexpected: 3 dice
2. Take It Outside: 4 dice
3. Be Nice (Until It's Time to Not Be Nice): 4 dice

Hook: Once killed a man in Memphis with his bare hands

Tools of His Trade: 1987 Mercedes-Benz 560SEC, 1965 Buick Riviera, Medical Record, Late 80's Clothes, Late 80's Hair

Backstory: James Dalton is a professional "cooler", or essentially an elite bouncer. He's recently been hired away from his former employer in NYC to work at a troubled road house in Missouri known as the Double Deuce. Lately, the bar has had entirely too many troublemakers there; too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers, and trustees of modern chemistry. But Dalton is going to put a stop to all that. The dancing's over; now it gets dirty.

Day 1
Veil 2020
Lithium Moon
Ace - Infiltrator - Reflex Mods

Mad -1 <-> Peaceful +2
Sad 0 <-> Joyful +1
Scared 0 <-> Powerful +1

Harm: 5

Kit:
Lockpicks,
Burglary Tools,
Handheld,
Pistol,
Knife

Cyber:
Reflex Mods (tags: stealth, balance)
Optics (tags: image-enhancement, low-light, recording)
Audio (tags: cellular, secure, recording)

2022-01-01: Character #5

Low Fantasy Gaming, Pickpocket Press

Seth the Able
Male Human, Level 1 Barbarian

Strength 16 (+2)
Dexterity 10 (+0)
Constitution 15 (+2)
Intelligence 8 (-1)
Wisdom 13 (+1)
Perception 8 (-1)
Charisma 15 (+2)
Luck 11

Hit Points: 10
Armor Class: 14
Attack Bonus: +1
Initiative: +1

Skills: Animal Lore, Athletics, Detection, Insight, Persuasion, Wilderness Lore

Special Abilities: Ferocious Rage (+2 to Str and Con checks, lasts 2 rounds), Wilderness Ranger (advantage on Wilderness Lore checks)

Weapons:
Bastard sword (1d8+2, +1 two-handed)
Knife (1d4+2, +2 initiative, 40' range)
Sling (1d4, 100' range)

Armor: Reinforced hide (Medium armor, +3 AC, -2 Move Silently and Swim)

Equipment: Backpack, Bedroll, Belt pouch, clothes, flint and steel, rations (1 week), hemp rope, sack, torches (5), tent

Currency: 4gp

Party Bonds: Devotee of the Way of the Scar, under the direction of Naya the Wise.

Concept/backstory: From childhood, Seth has been devoted to the Way of the Scar, a warrior philosophy that teaches one to test their mettle against adversity and value valor and honor above all. His tribe was wiped out by an army of "civilized" but honorless men, and for years he believed he was the only survivor. He eventually found that Naya, his teacher, had also survived but had been captured by the nobleman who had destroyed their tribe. Unable to free her by himself, he ingratiated himself with a rival noble and manipulated the two into war. In the confusion, he freed Naya and the two have journeyed together ever since.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back