How did you end up here?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I'm mainly an OSR/early D&D guy and follow all the main forums with those but wanted to participate in a forum with a more general focus that didn't work to raise my blood pressure like some other forums starting with the same 3 letters!

Fun is Mandatory! All must Fun! :grin:
Friend Computer said so!

Also, welcome to all of our new people. We tend to call the -net site The Big Purple or just TBP, here, in order not to pop in purely hypothetical Web searches by, say, their staff. Of course, that's not mandatory or anything, I'm just letting you know, because it's what I use as well:grin:!

Is that what you guys are calling the Mythras cult these days?
Nah, that's the Internal Circle of the Cult of the Swo:tongue:!

But you can only apply after joining the Geesophobes fraction:shade:!

...would anyone play that:grin:?

I don't suppose I'm really a refugee from the purple site, as I never quite felt like it was a community in which I was comfortable. Moderation trends there over the past few years have only affirmed that sense of unbelonging. But I recently saw Andy-C Andy-C recommend this forum and figured testing the waters wouldn't cost me anything but time and bandwidth.

I don't suppose I'm really a refugee from the purple site, as I never quite felt like it was a community in which I was comfortable. Moderation trends there over the past few years have only affirmed that sense of unbelonging. But I recently saw Andy-C Andy-C recommend this forum and figured testing the waters wouldn't cost me anything but time and bandwidth.
Welcome to the Pub either way:thumbsup:!

On to the important stuff:
What do you play/run:grin:?

Welcome to the Pub either way:thumbsup:!

On to the important stuff:
What do you play/run:grin:?

Well, the RPG library is currently somewhere around 50 shelf-feet deep, with a third of that World of Darkness (primarily original WoD, some CoD).

Historically? First RPG was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness, around the same time as picking up Car Wars and Ogre on the wargaming side. Longest-lasting fixation/fandom is Twilight: 2000. Most play time is certainly the collective original World of Darkness lines, both tabletop and LARP, and many of my lifelong friendships emerged from the first LARP group. Other favorites: original Trinity (setting in which I'd most want to be a PC), Shadowrun through third edition, Spycraft, Legend of the Five Rings, first edition 7th Sea.

Currently, I'm playing in a very-intermittent Cyberpunk Red campaign. Due to workload and life events, I've pressed pause on the two campaigns I was running. One is a sandbox Twilight: 2000 4th edition game with eight players, chronicled here. The other is a two-player D&D5 campaign that started with Lost Mine of Phandelver and is about halfway through Princes of the Apocalypse.

(I've also been freelancing in the industry since '96. In rough chronological order, I've contributed to: Wraith, Mage, Vampire, Trinity, Werewolf, Adventure!, Spycraft, Stargate SG-1, Chronicles of Darkness, Twilight: 2013, new Aeon, and old-edition Twilight: 2000.)

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back