How did you end up here?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Longest-lasting fixation/fandom is Twilight: 2000.
I participated for a bit in your long-running T2K PBP over on RPGNet. Have some good memories about that, though I eventually bailed because I felt I was insufficiently knowledgeable about military matters to contribute with any verisimilitude when compared to the actual military vets and military enthusiasts I was playing with. Still, it was a good time while I was there.

I participated for a bit in your long-running T2K PBP over on RPGNet. Have some good memories about that, though I eventually bailed because I felt I was insufficiently knowledgeable about military matters to contribute with any verisimilitude when compared to the actual military vets and military enthusiasts I was playing with. Still, it was a good time while I was there.
Oh, heya! That was, I believe, Chalkline's game. If it's the campaign I'm thinking of, I was one of the initial players (running 2LT [USAF] Mike Voldemaras, former A-10 pilot).

Well, the RPG library is currently somewhere around 50 shelf-feet deep, with a third of that World of Darkness (primarily original WoD, some CoD).

Historically? First RPG was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness, around the same time as picking up Car Wars and Ogre on the wargaming side. Longest-lasting fixation/fandom is Twilight: 2000. Most play time is certainly the collective original World of Darkness lines, both tabletop and LARP, and many of my lifelong friendships emerged from the first LARP group. Other favorites: original Trinity (setting in which I'd most want to be a PC), Shadowrun through third edition, Spycraft, Legend of the Five Rings, first edition 7th Sea.

Currently, I'm playing in a very-intermittent Cyberpunk Red campaign. Due to workload and life events, I've pressed pause on the two campaigns I was running. One is a sandbox Twilight: 2000 4th edition game with eight players, chronicled here. The other is a two-player D&D5 campaign that started with Lost Mine of Phandelver and is about halfway through Princes of the Apocalypse.

(I've also been freelancing in the industry since '96. In rough chronological order, work on: Wraith, Mage, Vampire, Trinity, Werewolf, Adventure!, Spycraft, Stargate SG-1, Chronicles of Darkness, Twilight: 2013, new Aeon, and old-edition Twilight: 2000.)
You'll fit right in, I can say! Shelfies are a popular post here...:tongue:

Oh, heya! That was, I believe, Chalkline's game. If it's the campaign I'm thinking of, I was one of the initial players (2LT [USAF] Mike Voldemaras, former A-10 pilot).
I was briefly in that game, I believe (at one point, I was getting invites to all ChalkLine's games). But that was very briefly, and interrupted by me self-exiling myself.

I suspect the people here still haven't forgiven Jim for introducing me to d100 games...:grin:
But praise be to Mythras, they shall understand one day:shade:!

Well, the RPG library is currently somewhere around 50 shelf-feet deep, with a third of that World of Darkness (primarily original WoD, some CoD).

Historically? First RPG was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness, around the same time as picking up Car Wars and Ogre on the wargaming side. Longest-lasting fixation/fandom is Twilight: 2000. Most play time is certainly the collective original World of Darkness lines, both tabletop and LARP, and many of my lifelong friendships emerged from the first LARP group. Other favorites: original Trinity (setting in which I'd most want to be a PC), Shadowrun through third edition, Spycraft, Legend of the Five Rings, first edition 7th Sea.

Currently, I'm playing in a very-intermittent Cyberpunk Red campaign. Due to workload and life events, I've pressed pause on the two campaigns I was running. One is a sandbox Twilight: 2000 4th edition game with eight players, chronicled here. The other is a two-player D&D5 campaign that started with Lost Mine of Phandelver and is about halfway through Princes of the Apocalypse.

(I've also been freelancing in the industry since '96. In rough chronological order, work on: Wraith, Mage, Vampire, Trinity, Werewolf, Adventure!, Spycraft, Stargate SG-1, Chronicles of Darkness, Twilight: 2013, new Aeon, and old-edition Twilight: 2000.)
Cool. TMNT was probably the second RPG I ever played (although it might have been Stormbringer). Twilight:2000 was the first real sandbox campaign I ran, so I have fond memories of it. I plan to run 4E at some point, and I have your online resource page bookmarked for when that happens.

Welcome to the Pub. I think you'll fit in fine here.

Oh, heya! That was, I believe, Chalkline's game. If it's the campaign I'm thinking of, I was one of the initial players (running 2LT [USAF] Mike Voldemaras, former A-10 pilot).
Ah, right, I remember that now. I just saw your avatar and remembered it from the PBP game.

I first became aware of this place during the 2023 Character Creation Contest (or whatever it was called) - i was following it at another location and someone linked to the ongoing thread here. This was back in January, so yes I am very slow in registering. :tongue:

We don't care how long it takes you to sign up...as long as you declare your hate for the Geese Menace, and give some consideration to joining the Cult of Mythras.*

* Because if you don't, AsenRG AsenRG will cry...
Err, no, I won't! I totally won't, it's your loss!

I might be slightly sad about your souls, but that's it, I swear by the swo:shade:!

I first became aware of this place during the 2023 Character Creation Contest (or whatever it was called) - i was following it at another location and someone linked to the ongoing thread here. This was back in January, so yes I am very slow in registering. :tongue:
Welcome to the Pub:thumbsup:!

I came here to talk about games after being frustrated about all the politics regardless of which "side" it came from.

I am hopeful that this will be a breath of fresh air (all things considered). :smile:

In other news, I have a terrible love of generic systems, GURPS being the one of choice at the moment (after leaving it years ago, doing the rounds of other generic systems and then coming back to it). My current never-ending project revolves around Earthdawn and Shadowrun, so please forgive me for my love of those settings. Maybe just roll your eyes gently when I talk about these things. :smile:

I came here to talk about games after being frustrated about all the politics regardless of which "side" it came from.

I am hopeful that this will be a breath of fresh air (all things considered). :smile:
Hey there! Welcome to the Pub.

In other news, I have a terrible love of generic systems, GURPS being the one of choice at the moment (after leaving it years ago, doing the rounds of other generic systems and then coming back to it). My current never-ending project revolves around Earthdawn and Shadowrun, so please forgive me for my love of those settings. Maybe just roll your eyes gently when I talk about these things. :smile:
We really try to stay out of that stuff. We occasionally slip, but we really try very hard. We are pretty open as mods, we have a thread for criticism and policy discussion where you can see how it goes.

Welcome on board. Those are all well loved games here, and I think most of us have some never ending projects.

Plenty of "system evangelists" here, you'll fit right in. Say, that reminds me...

87dysa.jpg

Well, my parents to be first met...

It's been many years since I was on any forums and I wanted to plug into a broader group to see if anything worthwhile and new is happening in the RPG world. So, for the last month or so I've was reading several forums and found almost all to be dens of insanity and political correctness. I then stumbled onto RPGPUB and realized that it was not a spin bin in disguise; so here I am.

Last edited:

I never played it, but Earthdawn has a very cool setting. I used to run GURPS way back in the day and still have affection for it.

Saw you quit the other site. Sent a PM to recommend this place, but didn't know you were already here. Welcome to the Pub!

Wait, how would you know that?

Same username and profile pic, plus context (quit/was driven out of the Site over politics; is mentioning politics here).

Edit/PS: Also, his posting time here is from before I saw the post and sent the PM over there. So he must have been here before that. Didn't notice his posts here till a few minutes ago.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back