I hate geese. A free roaming thread.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I've said it before and I will say it again. I hate geese. Since that apparently is just a tangent too far for the rules discussion thread I've started my own. Admit it you hate them too.

I'm half tempted to make an evil race of gooseman in my next PbP game. Slaughter then at will because the reproduce like mofos and shit in anything they get there webbed feet on.
Who cares?

Well, clearly Bunch does.
Well to honest I cared more 5 years ago when I posted that. The fence has kept them off the lawn, the kids are now large enough to scared the geese. I've trained the geese to avoid my house (which I think amazes my neighbors)

I still dislike them but at this point it's more just something on the back burner than a seething hatred. Time will do that.

I am calling for Total Geese Death

Kill geese. Behead geese. Roundhouse kick a goose into the concrete.

Except for the Capitoline Hill geese who saved Rome. Those are the cool geese. They're fine.

126556837_8a852d30e4_b.jpg

It's a six year old thread with over a thousand posts. It's just something that grabbed people's attention and became an in-joke.
If you don't get it, that's cool. It's just not your thing. But a lot of folk jibed with it and had fun.

It's wonderful because it makes no sense at all. Well, not no sense, geese are definitely spawn of the devil, but beyond that...

I don't get it.
When I first posted this I was constantly dealing the non migrating Canadian Geese crapping all over my lawn and scaring my children off their own lawn. We live by a lake and they loved my yard. I have since trained them to keep the hell away from me but back then I needed to vent my frustration.

It's spawned as an in-joke here than geese are truly evil creature. I even gave them a mythic backstory as the recipients of all the violence and rage inside Canadian soldiers returning from WWI (side note the Germans apparently really disliked running up against Canadian soldiers as they were particularly vicious. Not something generally associated with Canada these days). Anyway dark ritual passing malevolence and cruelty out of Canadians and into their waterfowl resulted in the hellfowl known as Canadian Geese.

All bullshit but fun and I feel quite appropriate for and RPG forum. Its endured as one of the staple themes here. What I can't tell if that has spread to the general RPG scene or if other people also have a dislike for geese and have become more public in combining it with RPGs. Either way fun stuff for me.

Mostly this is 1000 posts of sympathy and good natured fun about disliking geese.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back