I just bought Mythras

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Speaking of Mythras Imperative, since they updated it. I've long wondered why Mythras Lite didn't use the simplified Difficulty Grades Option from page 38 of the Mythras core book. Seems like a good fit for streamlined version of Mythras.

Edit: I'm gonna leave this up. But note that I am a dumbass and forgot that the next page actually has the simplified table in Mythras Imperative. Yeah I read too many systems. Lol ignore my query.

Last edited:
I've got a question concerning Mythras; in my current campaign I'm running (Anglo-Saxon), mass group combat hasn't come up yet, but it's likely that it will in the future. I'm not entirely sure how to run this sort of thing. Mythic Britain has rules for the massed combat, but not really any sort of play example for how it goes, so I'm curious and hoping that someone might have a resource they could direct me to for learning this aspect of the game.

I've got a question concerning Mythras; in my current campaign I'm running (Anglo-Saxon), mass group combat hasn't come up yet, but it's likely that it will in the future. I'm not entirely sure how to run this sort of thing. Mythic Britain has rules for the massed combat, but not really any sort of play example for how it goes, so I'm curious and hoping that someone might have a resource they could direct me to for learning this aspect of the game.
the ships and shield walls supplement has the same rules, but with examples.

I have another question regarding Mythras. Is there a rule regarding damaging armour? I know there's the Damage Weapon special effect and then bypass armour, but I'm looking more at kind of "battle damage". So like if I'm swinging a decently heavy weapon at someone in maille (i.e. an axe, mace, or warhammer), and I'm hitting their armour, it's not unforseeable that I'd be busting those links open eventually rendering it useless.

Yet in all of the armour and equipment lists I've looked at, I don't see any HP ratings for armour. Is this something I'd have to house rule, or is there an existing rule for it that I'm somehow missing (ctrl + f and searching doesn't seem to yield any results for me in regards to armour destruction).

I have another question regarding Mythras. Is there a rule regarding damaging armour? I know there's the Damage Weapon special effect and then bypass armour, but I'm looking more at kind of "battle damage". So like if I'm swinging a decently heavy weapon at someone in maille (i.e. an axe, mace, or warhammer), and I'm hitting their armour, it's not unforseeable that I'd be busting those links open eventually rendering it useless.

Yet in all of the armour and equipment lists I've looked at, I don't see any HP ratings for armour. Is this something I'd have to house rule, or is there an existing rule for it that I'm somehow missing (ctrl + f and searching doesn't seem to yield any results for me in regards to armour destruction).
sunder special effect. commonly available on two handers, as well as certain one handers.

I just started printing this out and coil binding it. First book is character generation & combat. Second book is magic. Third book is Monsters & GM suggestions.

It's a big book.
It is indeed a big book. Are you coil binding it yourself, or using an office supply place? I was tempted to split the PDF into multiple ones (using print to PDF) and then take it to the local Staples to get it bound (not to mention my old laser printer can't do automatic front and back printing; it can do it with me manually putting it in, but I ain't got time for that).

It is indeed a big book. Are you coil binding it yourself, or using an office supply place? I was tempted to split the PDF into multiple ones (using print to PDF) and then take it to the local Staples to get it bound (not to mention my old laser printer can't do automatic front and back printing; it can do it with me manually putting it in, but I ain't got time for that).
Myself. I picked up a cheap coil binder at a thrift store a few years back. It's not painless but I paid $5 for the punch/binder and $1 for 50 coils so my main cost is the laserjet toner. Even that's pretty cheap. I'll put a picture up later when I have the three bound. Ran out of toner and had to get a new one this afternoon.

Creatures with pincers like crabs and scorpions also can use the Sunder SE.

It is easy to miss since natural weapon special effects are not re-listed in the creature descriptions when they really should be. There are some exceptions listed per creature, like Aurochs can also use Sunder with their horns.

ArETMza.png

Crap. M-Space is over there in the corner, winking at me.
I came here to say that M-Space might be the best sci-fi rpg, ever. It's so customizable and able to do just about every flavor of sci-fi you can ask for. Takes a little work if you want to create your own setting (ships, worlds, alien species) but those processes are really intuitive and fun.

I came here to say that M-Space might be the best sci-fi rpg, ever. It's so customizable and able to do just about every flavor of sci-fi you can ask for. Takes a little work if you want to create your own setting (ships, worlds, alien species) but those processes are really intuitive and fun.
I just got a box of new M-Space books I'd ordered. I think I'm up to date now...
The new hardback feels nicer than the original paperback version. I like the art, though it pushes in a whole different direction than what I envision doing with it.

You will be pleased, I think. It's been, without a doubt, one of the best RPG purchases I've ever made. And I have a lot of RPGs. :tongue:

I mean, I suspect it will end up as shelf decor because it's a DIY framework for running an SF game, and I'm notoriously bad about the DIY part of GMing. But it will be a fun read.

I mean, I suspect it will end up as shelf decor because it's a DIY framework for running an SF game, and I'm notoriously bad about the DIY part of GMing. But it will be a fun read.
Or, you know, you can just lift a Sci-Fi universe where future tech works kinda like the one presented in the book, and use the rules to run that:shade:?
If you don't tell us you're not using the default setting, we're not going to tell anyone:tongue:!

Oh, I know. But even that requires some energy and translation work. :smile:
Sure, but if it's for some SF universe you like, the energy would be quite a bit less, I've found:thumbsup:!

Well, if you enjoy reading it and it looks fancy on your bookshelf, then you probably got your money's worth. :happy: One of the main reasons I bought it was to have some fodder for my Traveller games. Now, my Traveller books are fodder for my M-Space game planning. I've heard great things about running Drinax with M-Space, and I look forward to doing so.

Resurrecting this awesome thread because I'm being indoctrinated becoming a huge fan of Mythras right now.

I want to buy a physical book (I read better that way). Is it safe to buy it now? Or is there an update coming?

Resurrecting this awesome thread because I'm being indoctrinated becoming a huge fan of Mythras right now.

I want to buy a physical book (I read better that way). Is it safe to buy it now? Or is there an update coming?
Safe. DTRPG hard cover is solid quality and cheap for a hard cover.

Safe. DTRPG hard cover is solid quality and cheap for a hard cover.
Good to know. I was about to order a soft cover from Amazon (no hardcover option up here). If you say that the hardcover from DTRPG is of good quality, I'm sold.

Good to know. I was about to order a soft cover from Amazon (no hardcover option up here). If you say that the hardcover from DTRPG is of good quality, I'm sold.
I have 2. they are excellent.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back