Kickstarters Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Also, its okay having a bare bones rulebook but when other supplements don't do the same...

I love the vibe of the Mork Borg book, but it is a tough read. I really liked the fact that the publisher put an art-free version on their website for free. Much easier to read and use.
They did?

So, Two Little Mice shipped out Outgunned not too long ago. Now they're getting ready to run a new crowdfunding for Outgunned: Adventure

Here's a link to the quickstart.

So, it looks like if Broken Compass wasn't already obsolete and replaced by Outgunned, this new expansion will replace it in the future.

I guess this is because Broken Compass is CMON while Outgunned is wholly 2 Little Mice?

So, Two Little Mice shipped out Outgunned not too long ago. Now they're getting ready to run a new crowdfunding for Outgunned: Adventure

So, it looks like if Broken Compass wasn't already obsolete and replaced by Outgunned, this new expansion will replace it in the future.

I guess this is because Broken Compass is CMON while Outgunned is wholly 2 Little Mice?
Probably? The nice thing is you can still play Broken Compass if you like it. Once you have the core rules for a RPG you really don’t ever have to buy anything again.

Yeah I likely would be grabbing Outgunned if I didn't already have the entire Broken Compass line.
I only grabbed them all mid last year, so I'm not ready to ditch them yet

Outgunned looks like it adds a few more nuts'n'bolts to the character sheet, which is okay, but I like the fact that Broken Compass keeps everything minimal to a single page character sheet. Outgunned also adds Feats which is what you would expect in a Pulp game, yet Broken Compass seems a bit more straightforward without them.

Both game lines look really good, but I'll just stick with Broken Compass at this stage.

Yeah I likely would be grabbing Outgunned if I didn't already have the entire Broken Compass line.

Outgunned looks like it adds a bit more nuts'n'bolts to the character sheet, which is okay, but I like the fact that Broken Compass keeps everything minimal to a single page character sheet. Outgunned also adds Feats which is what you would expect in a Pulp game, yet Broken Compass seems a bit more straightforward without them.

Both game lines look really good, but I'll just stick with Broken Compass at this stage.

Pfft!

Take your anti consumerist attitude and shove it.

C'mon, man. You know you want to add's it to the collection. Why torture yourself like this? Why torture me?

Pick up a copy of Outgunned! Hell, you know what? Just get the whole fucken range and be done with it! :smile:

Outgunned looks like it adds a few more nuts'n'bolts to the character sheet, which is okay, but I like the fact that Broken Compass keeps everything minimal to a single page character sheet. Outgunned also adds Feats which is what you would expect in a Pulp game, yet Broken Compass seems a bit more straightforward without them.

I am the same way with Pendragon, I bought every for fifth or 5.2 but haven’t played it yet, no reason to waste money on the new version.

I am the same way with Pendragon, I bought every for fifth or 5.2 but haven’t played it yet, no reason to waste money on the new version.
I'm like that with Pendragon as well. I have 4th ed and 5th edition, as well as the really good quality 5.2 edition that Nocturnal did (Pendragon and Paladin)
So no way I'm spending any more money on Pendragon either - they always promote their current version as a 'penultimate edition', heh heh
Sometimes we just gotta draw a line with these games, most of the time we already have more than enough to run good sessions

Last edited:

Broken Compass is not officially dead, as CMON is still publishing it.
Moving forward however they will obiviously need to get in new authors to extend the line, given that the original authors have gone independent as Two Little Mice.

It looks like Outgunned hews pretty close to Broken Compass, there will likely be a lot of overlap with the content.
The system itself looks to be the same core mechanics (which they now call the Fortune system), but there's a bit more fluff and crunch on the Outgunned character sheet compared to the Broken Compass character sheet, although it doesn't look excessive.

I'm not really ready to jump across into a brand new line a year after buying the previous books, but I'll be keeping Outgunned on my radar none the less.

Pfft!

Take your anti consumerist attitude and shove it.
heh heh
C'mon, man. You know you want to add's it to the collection. Why torture yourself like this? Why torture me?
Pick up a copy of Outgunned! Hell, you know what? Just get the whole fucken range and be done with it! :smile:
You know you may well be right, heh heh

The Kingdom of Prester John is "a solo TTRPG of medieval reality and mythology" by first-time crowdfunder Frederic Walker in London. "The player takes on the role of a member of the Christian clergy, departing Rome in 1177 on the pope's orders, in search of the Kingdom of Prester John, a godly, Christian king said to dwell somewhere far beyond the bounds of Christendom.

"With knowledge drawn from bestiaries and mappae mundi, the player ventures into lands they have never seen before. If guided by temporal knowledge, they cross a world where some of the most significant events of the Middle Ages are taking place -- Saladin coming to power in Egypt, Gebre Meskel Lalibela overseeing the building of rock churches in Ethiopia, Islam arriving in India with the conquests of Muhammad of Ghor, and the rise of Genghis Khan in Mongolia.

"If guided by spiritual knowledge, they find lands inhabited by the peoples that dwell in their illuminated manuscripts -- the cynocephali, sciapods, anthropophagi, centaurs and cyclopes, and the lands at the edge of the Christian mind -- the lands of Gog and Magog, and the realm of the Antichrist. Through trials temporal and spiritual, they find a journey's end, though perhaps not the one they set out to seek."

Not looking good for this intriguing historical solo -- just US$372 (of a $627 goal) from 22 backers, 23 days left.

Prestor John, wow that is a name I haven't heard in a long time. We covered him in my Medieval Travel Literature course 25ish years ago.

Prestor John, wow that is a name I haven't heard in a long time. We covered him in my Medieval Travel Literature course 25ish years ago.
I’m not terribly surprised the Kickstarter isn’t exactly doing gangbusters though. The campaign is vague about everything except the premise, the format is fairly niche, and I’ve never heard of it until Allen brought it up. To say nothing of the fact that there’s a whole other product in the higher tiers that gets literally no mention in the campaign at all, and the heavily Christian theme is something that a lot of nerds are actively hostile toward.

I’m not terribly surprised the Kickstarter isn’t exactly doing gangbusters though. The campaign is vague about everything except the premise, the format is fairly niche, and I’ve never heard of it until Allen brought it up. To say nothing of the fact that there’s a whole other product in the higher tiers that gets literally no mention in the campaign at all, and the heavily Christian theme is something that a lot of nerds are actively hostile toward.

It is the type of product that I might back, even though I'm not into solo rpgs. It is different and I'm familiar with the legends and lore, and enjoy reading that type of thing. The writeup is too vague about what you are actually getting, though. It would benefit from having some mockups of the interior, at least. There isn't anything in the FAQ, and I have to wonder how much shipping from the UK will be.

It is the type of product that I might back, even though I'm not into solo rpgs. It is different and I'm familiar with the legends and lore, and enjoy reading that type of thing. The writeup is too vague about what you are actually getting, though. It would benefit from having some mockups of the interior, at least. There isn't anything in the FAQ, and I have to wonder how much shipping from the UK will be.
And the other … book? What is “Scribe?”

Kind of on the fence about this one. It looks pretty cool but I'll have to take a look at the quickstart demo first to see if it's not too crunchy for my tastes.

Kind of on the fence about this one. It looks pretty cool but I'll have to take a look at the quickstart demo first to see if it's not too crunchy for my tastes.

Looks pretty interesting. I definitely need to download the Quickstart.

Looks pretty interesting. I definitely need to download the Quickstart.
While there's lots to like there ( roll under or equal to ability + skill bonus; blackjack style; cool setting, strains and backgrounds) I decided I'm not gonna back it as the rules are a bit too involved for me. Looks pretty solid, though.

Last edited:

I think it uses a D20 Roll Under mechanic, so if it's ruleslite with about the same crunch level as Black Hack, Knave, or Shadowdark, then that's cool.
(Anything beyond this and I would just go with BRP Mythras Rubble & Ruin for the gritty flavour)

Last edited:
And that kind of pissing match is enough to make me avoid it altogether. I wish them the best of luck.
It's not really a pissing match. They made a system, got screwed on buyout, had to leave it behind, so iterated and created something new. And now they're going with their original self-publication plans on their own.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back