Men's Adventure Game

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Pete sees the guys leaving the bar.
"Git in fellas! I found us a ride!"
Rock calls shotgun and gets in the front passenger seat. "Let's get out of here before things get worse."

Mick looks unbelievably. The guy who attacked him had been able to evade his counter?
I need to train more, he thinks, before shaking his head.

"Let's get goin', the Tommies aren't going to look kindly upon this. What's wrong with ye, fellas? I can see using a bottle in a bar fight - maybe - but pulling a goddamn iron?"
He's still shaking his head as they're leaving for the car.

Lude looks sadly at the blood stained glass while preparing his next smoke.

"A pity, they could have escaped this fate"

He strolls outside to get a better look at the man who cut himself, in case he lives.
Rock goes outside with Lude and nudges the corpse with his boot to make sure he's dead.
Sam wipes his blade clean before return it to its cane scabbard, and follows Lude and Rock.

The thug on the ground is curled fetal, a bloody mess, and quite dead. Already hurt from the fight, he clearly tore his guts open on the broken window. As blood drips down the side of the building.

Charles heads over to the bar and leaves a healthy tip, "sorry about the mess, I guess those boys can't hold their beer" He then continues out the door catching up with the others.
Moma Rosa is screaming in tagalog at you guys, the thugs, everyone. Shaking a rolled up newspaper at you.

Karl looks over at Lude with a sidelong glance, "and definitely too early for pistols". He quickly rifles through the pockets of the leader, hoping to find some ID. Might be coincidence they found him in this bar, but someone might be on to him.
You don't find any ID. But you find in his pocket an Arisaka stripper clip, a gold coin with chinese writing stamped on it, a small key, and a piece of paper folded neatly several times.

Last edited:
:hehe::word: "Hah, volunteers for my practice!"
/gets out med kit and treats Thug A (indoors) first, then Thug D (outside). Will dose with opium if triage says they are saveable. Assumes Thug E will come to and be no real threat.

/to his buddies in the car/bar, hoping someone will translate.
:hmmm::word: "Hey, assholes, why you break our toys so soon? You climax too fast. Maybe we come back and keep these if I can save their lives." /winks at Moma Rosa "I take my time instead, like a gentleman, my dear."
Thug A is hurt, but only unconscious. You juice him up with a bit of your kit. He'll be out for a while. WHen you get outside you find that Thug D is a messy corpse.

You boys load up into the Jeepney and take off. As you go down the bumpy dirt road. You hear metal on metal rattling coming from a wooden box (locked with a rusty old padlock) underneath one of the bench seats in the back.

Pete yells "Some'n secure that thang! It's messin with ma concentration"

unfolding it as carefully as he can along the rough ride, Karl tries to make heads or tails of the note

Looking over at Karl's note, "hey you get that boys phone number"? :wink:

Karl ignores the jab. “these boys were probably just drunks, but best to check that they aren’t nazi spies looking to take out any resistance”, he says rather oddly.

Digger asks Karl:
'What does the note say mate?'

Then curses to himself, just loudly enough to be audible.
'Bugger - could have taken the bloke I KO'd and shaken him down for his story. Never mind.'

He looks back at the wooden box and checks to see if the hasp might be weak enough to pry off with his knife. Maybe he could shoot the lock off with his pistol, but not until we can stop for a few minutes.

He pulls the box out from under the seat and attempts to pry the hasp off with his knife.

Last edited:
Moma Rosa is screaming in tagalog at you guys, the thugs, everyone. Shaking a rolled up newspaper at you.
Mick looks at her understandingly and shrugs helplessly, leaving some money on the table. He didn't expect the fight to go the way of weapons, either. Not against mostly unarmed opponents, at least.

unfolding it as carefully as he can along the rough ride, Karl tries to make heads or tails of the note
Looking over at Karl's note, "hey you get that boys phone number"? :wink:
Karl ignores the jab. “these boys were probably just drunks, but best to check that they aren’t nazi spies looking to take out any resistance”, he says rather oddly.
This is the paper that was folded (Appears to be Japanese)
01415p1-2.jpg

Lude ruminates over the men they just killed, waiting to hear about the note.

Digger asks Karl:
'What does the note say mate?'

Then curses to himself, just loudly enough to be audible.
'Bugger - could have taken the bloke I KO'd and shaken him down for his story. Never mind.'

He looks back at the wooden box and checks to see if the hasp might be weak enough to pry off with his knife. Maybe he could shoot the lock off with his pistol, but not until we can stop for a few minutes.

He pulls the box out from under the seat and attempts to pry the hasp off with his knife.
It looks like you might be able to pry the hasp off. To pry it off. Make a brawn roll, 2d6+1. Must roll a 7 or better.

(As a side note. When and if you can or can get a translation of the document. I will type out what it says. The actual document has nothing to do with it. It's just an image that fit for descriptive purposes. (I believe it is actually the Japanese declaration of war.))

:shade::heart: /leans head back outside of jeepney window, "air-conducting" (like air-guitar, but as if the conductor) with his floppy wrist, and singing an old jazzy tune.
:music::word: "Wenn der weiße Flieder wieder blüht..."

(Yes, of course he's still high! :kiss:)

This is the paper that was folded (Appears to be Japanese)
01415p1-2.jpg
"Hand it to me when you're done," Rock says. "You can never have enough rolling paper."
Lude ruminates over the men they just killed, waiting to hear about the note.
"And nice shootin', Wild Bill. You sure taught them Pinoy boys not to bring a knife to a gun fight."

"Drunk locals with Japanese connections?" Karl holds up the note. "The leader had a stripper clip from an Arisaka as well. Haven't seen one of those in a while."

ooc: As a speaker of Chinese, I should be able to read some of that. I wouldn't say it like a Japanese or Mandarin speaker, but many of the characters are the same.

Mick sighs and waits for the translators to deal with the document. In the meantime, he's going to listen to the free jazz that the junkie provides.
He suspects the text doesn't fit the tune, but whatever. It's not like he would understand the language of the Swabes he fought to defeat.

It looks like you might be able to pry the hasp off. To pry it off. Make a brawn roll, 2d6+1. Must roll a 7 or better.
Digger tries to lever the hasp off with his knife but the jeep is bouncing around too much to get any real purchase. After a few attempts his best result is to cut a generous slash out of the back of the driver's seat. Deciding that he would rather not stab Pete in the back for the sake of getting the box open right away, he decides to give up and puts the knife away.

'Buggeration!' he exclaims loudly, 'Sorry mate!'

---- Signed section - include this line ----

Results:
Results displayed via web.
Summary: Pry the hasp off the box

--------------------------------------------------
Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2D6+1, 10 per line.
Comment: Attempt to pry the hasp off the box

Requesting IP: 80.169.193.34

---- Signed section - include this line ----

Signature: 432014129c216e124b212528c322eb65fdcabee7cad6862d38d36a5f96e08bbc
To verify: http://www.pbegames.com/verify/

---
Dice rolls by: http://www.pbegames.com/roller/
Roller version 1.5
Support the site. Shop DriveThruRPG: http://goo.gl/qO7lxw

"Drunk locals with Japanese connections?" Karl holds up the note. "The leader had a stripper clip from an Arisaka as well. Haven't seen one of those in a while."

ooc: As a speaker of Chinese, I should be able to read some of that. I wouldn't say it like a Japanese or Mandarin speaker, but many of the characters are the same.
You seem to be able to pick out bits and pieces. Seems like a WWII Japanese Treasury document. Its refers to the assembly of materials of monetary value and the placing of it on a ship for departure to the Philippines.

You see a car like this,
ford1951custom.jpg

with Philippine National Police markings. Pass you going the opposite direction, towards to bar.

Rock says to Lude: "No shooting, Wild Bill!"

And to our driver: "Be discreet but let's get outta here before I have to testify against these dumb fucks."

Charles also speaks Chinese, looks at Karl with a look of interest and in Chinese says "Treasure"?

Pete drives normally until out of sight and then does his best to put distance from the bar.

"And nice shootin', Wild Bill. You sure taught them Pinoy boys not to bring a knife to a gun fight."
Lude takes out the gun idly.

"Well it is the superior weapon I suppose, still though I'd have prefered not to"

He puts it back and stretches, placing his hands behind his head and his sailor cap over his eyes.

"Rita Hayworth with a gun, I think I'll call myself The Lady from Shanghai"

Rock says to Lude: "No shooting, Wild Bill!"
He smiles.

"Course not, wouldn't be lady like"

Charles also speaks Chinese, looks at Karl with a look of interest and in Chinese says "Treasure"?
Treasure indeed! Maybe japanese gold.

He brings out the gold coin and holds it with his index finger and thumb cradling it. "I think there was more to those guys than they were letting on" and examines the coin. "I think there is some gold waiting for us..."

He brings out the gold coin and holds it with his index finger and thumb cradling it. "I think there was more to those guys than they were letting on" and examines the coin. "I think there is some gold waiting for us..."
Sam, previously sullen, perks up. "Gold? ... "

Digger tries to lever the hasp off with his knife but the jeep is bouncing around too much to get any real purchase. After a few attempts his best result is to cut a generous slash out of the back of the driver's seat. Deciding that he would rather not stab Pete in the back for the sake of getting the box open right away, he decides to give up and puts the knife away.

'Buggeration!' he exclaims loudly, 'Sorry mate!'
[/SPOILER]
Snapping his fingers, Sully taps Digger on the shoulder. "Half a minute", he says, reaching into his pocket, "hold that lock steady and I'll give it a shot with these beauties!" He holds aloft a set of lockpicks.

The truck makes a particularly big bounce. "Maybe one of you fellows could hold me steady."

Digger lifts the box into his lap and turns it so Sully can get at the lock.

'Here ya go mate!'

Pete perks up at the mention of gold. "Want to go back?" He asks anyone.

Pete perks up at the mention of gold. "Want to go back?" He asks anyone.
"To interrogate dead men and maybe get arrested? How about we have someone read the whole document before we dig this hole any deeper?"

Snapping his fingers, Sully taps Digger on the shoulder. "Half a minute", he says, reaching into his pocket, "hold that lock steady and I'll give it a shot with these beauties!" He holds aloft a set of lockpicks.

The truck makes a particularly big bounce. "Maybe one of you fellows could hold me steady."
2d6+1, need to roll a 7 or better.

:kiss: /tucks head back in, leaning it against the window frame, with hooded eyes while now humming Weimar jazz, Viktor slips from sanguine into languor. The warm, cozy haze is coming on.
:skeleton::word: "Two, three dead. Such is drinking your breakfast in this savage garden..."
:music: /returns to languid humming.

12! (6 + 5 +1)
Sully makes lockpicking look like the easiest thing in the world, as it takes him about 2 seconds to pop the lock off the box. Inside the box are a half dozen arisaka stripper clips, a few 6.5 and 7.7 arisaka rounds, three chinese gold coins, a set of nautical maps with places circled and writing in japanese on them, then finally a pouch containing more documents similar to what Karl found.

'Bloody cracker mate! You've liberated their ride,' exclaims Digger loudly. 'Better make ourselves scarce!'

Then, he thinks to himself.

'Hmmm.' muses Digger aloud. 'If these jokers were after Jap gold, what were they doing picking bar fights with complete strangers?'

Since he's gotten into the gun running trade, Digger's learned a little bit about surplus weapons. He's never seen a major consignment of Jap rifles on the black market.

'Looks like they've got some old Jap kit somewhere, maybe something they got hold of in the war, maybe lying about somewhere after. I heard the Yanks chucked all the captured Jap stuff in the sea.'

Last edited:

"What exactly does it say about the gold?" Lude asks.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back