Real Life and What's Happening...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Yah, a mild nuisance, thanks to taxpayer monies that keep me alive (I'd never have enough liquidity for that otherwise. Probably due to price-gouging), and a massive stigma
Those meds are crazy expensive, but I think the programs to get it into the hands of those that need it are so that the government doesn't take their rights as a medical necessity as has been done elsewhere.

I’m from Indiana originally and Ryan White’s story was well known when I was a kid, as he was from Indiana as well. He was 13 when he was diagnosed with HIV after having a blood transfusion. The stigma about getting it just from being gay was BS.

I got on the scale the other day and got a low 2 digit number. It is a fairly new scale so I couldn't believe it was broken and since I have all my appendages there is not way I weigh double digits. Turns out in addition to lbs and kg, it can be set to give weight in stone. :tongue:

I got on the scale the other day and got a low 2 digit number. It is a fairly new scale so I couldn't believe it was broken and since I have all my appendages there is not way I weigh double digits. Turns out in addition to lbs and kg, it can be set to give weight in stone. :tongue:
Oh what's that model number? I want that!

Oh what's that model number? I want that!

I got it at Costco, brand is Taylor, model # 5272398 (I think, super tiny print). It is a digital scale with a tempered glass platform, and was pretty inexpensive, I think under $20.

The best part is it sounds like its default setting was stone :-)

There is a button on the back that cycles through the units. It must have gotten pushed as it started out in pounds.

Moving on, is it just me that's relieved by the humanity of today's story about Vladimir Putin falling down some stairs and soiling himself? Link It's nice to know that even awful people have my Saturday morning.

Moving on, is it just me that's relieved by the humanity of today's story about Vladimir Putin falling down some stairs and soiling himself? Link It's nice to know that even awful people have my Saturday morning.
A lot of Russians have been falling lately, on stairs, from windows...

It must be dangerous, living in a Moscow high rise:angel:!

Was browsing a thread on boardgamegeek and people were referring to the act of explaining how to play a game as "the teach" rather than "the explanation."

I hope that quirk is limited to BGG because it's really annoying.

Was browsing a thread on boardgamegeek and people were referring to the act of explaining how to play a game as "the teach" rather than "the explanation."

I haven't seen that anywhere at all, thank goodness. Sounds like a really wanky affectation. Some academic papers I've had to read lately have been just as bad with the pretentious jargon they use. You're not allowed to just use something, you have to "leverage" it. You're not allowed to simply show, demonstrate, or prove things, you have to "evidence" them. And so on.

Pleaded guilty / not guilty still annoys me. For most of my life it was pled, then a few years ago the media started used pleaded.

Technically an allowed option I guess, but it grates on me every time.

I will use "the teach"... never, gah, that sets off every grammar nazi bone in my body. :irritated:

Expecting me to use "the teach" is a pretty big ask, but thanks for surfacing it.

E E-Rocker thebigh thebigh D Dyrnwyn Agemegos Agemegos If it's any consolation the Dutch language is also being butchered increasingly more frequently every day. And it's not just, you know, stuff that evolves, but abominations that are just plain incorrect. Lately people are starting to conjugate verbs as if the object of a sentence is the subject ... I've even heard and seen it happen in news articles.

cat-bruh.gif
bummed-cat-annoyed-cat.gif
cat-kitty.gif
cats-angry.gif

Last edited:
I know, it sounds fucking retarded. The editors should be chastised but the news anchors don't even flinch when they're reading that drivel so I'm guessing no one notices ... ?

Apparently, since I turned 50 in September my warranty expired. I've been sick with something through November (Covid test was negative but felt worse than Flu.) Now I've got an /EYE LID/ Infection. The hell?

Anyway, I've been to four--yes four doctors for it, the final one was the actual opthamalagist, since no one else was willing to prescribe medication and I knew it was an infection. So it's got an odd name and I'm waiting for them to fill the prescription...we'll see.
Ugh, my eyes have itched for a week!

Apparently, since I turned 50 in September my warranty expired. I've been sick with something through November (Covid test was negative but felt worse than Flu.) Now I've got an /EYE LID/ Infection. The hell?

Anyway, I've been to four--yes four doctors for it, the final one was the actual opthamalagist, since no one else was willing to prescribe medication and I knew it was an infection. So it's got an odd name and I'm waiting for them to fill the prescription...we'll see.
Ugh, my eyes have itched for a week!

Ahrgh! Get well soon!

I haven't seen that anywhere at all, thank goodness. Sounds like a really wanky affectation. Some academic papers I've had to read lately have been just as bad with the pretentious jargon they use. You're not allowed to just use something, you have to "leverage" it. You're not allowed to simply show, demonstrate, or prove things, you have to "evidence" them. And so on.
Pretentious jargon is what academics do when they need an extra crutch to help stabilize their bullshit. I should know. :grin:

Pretentious jargon is what academics do when they need an extra crutch to help stabilize their bullshit. I should know. :grin:

I guess I expect it more from the humanities than from engineering or physics.

Let's not unfairly judge the humanities. :grin:

Yes, I could rant endlessly on the tendency of some humanities authors to use impenetrable and pompous language to obscure that what they're saying is either wrong, meaningless, or just banal, and their irresponsible use of statistics. But I can leave those rants for another thread.

Yes, I could rant endlessly on the tendency of some humanities authors to use impenetrable and pompous language to obscure that what they're saying is either wrong, meaningless, or just banal, and their irresponsible use of statistics. But I can leave those rants for another thread.
Well, as a Humanities author I can assure you that not everyone sees things like that. I abhor jargon. It's a fucking pestilence.

@##@!%# I was reading the forum here and listening to the various YouTube stuff I'm subscribed to and well. (sigh) I'm out. I absently noted that Hildegard Von Blingin' had a new instrumental up on my alerts and since I had my browser set to half size didn't read what the new song was. (Mutter) I just left clicked and went back to reading here. Opening instruments start and I'm like, "mother fucker! I've been instrumental Whammed!"

Don't click the link but here it is. I made it through last year if I recall correctly to.

@##@!%# I was reading the forum here and listening to the various YouTube stuff I'm subscribed to and well. (sigh) I'm out. I absently noted that Hildegard Von Blingin' had a new instrumental up on my alerts and since I had my browser set to half size didn't read what the new song was. (Mutter) I just left clicked and went back to reading here. Opening instruments start and I'm like, "mother fucker! I've been instrumental Whammed!"

Don't click the link but here it is. I made it through last year if I recall correctly to.

Nah, you are OK. As per the rule #3 of the sacred Whamageddon rules, only the original counts, not covers or remixes.

whamageddon-e1578405978535-png.24637

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back