Tell us about something good that you got recently

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Laziness was preventing me posting to this topic. Then I got laid off, and that really put a damper on snapping up new goodies. But now things are stable again. Time to share some pics.

It has been quite some time now, but HeroQuest came in.

HQ01.jpg

Yes, this is Mythic Tier from the Haslab thing.
HQ02.jpg

The one with the UPC code is a retail version. Can't ever have too much HeroQuest. Now that I'm back to work and have that off my mind, the partner and I just need to get back to playing.

Also back before I was laid off, I learned of some new Barnes & Noble exclusive 40K games:
40K01.jpg

These bookshelf games have been good experiences for me so far. Before these I had both of the previous Space Marine Adventures games and Age of Sigmar Crypt Hunters. All of the games, these included, are quick plays. All that said, I kind of feel like Doomsday Countdown is the weakest of the three Space Marine Adventures games and FireTeam is going to need some expansion to truly shine.

Also got some more 40K stuff now that I have big money coming in again.

40K02.jpg
40K03.jpg

These just arrived today. I always wanted to try a T'au army, and this stuff will be adding on to the material from a previously purchased Start Collecting box. Plus, to me 40K is intrinsically tied to Genestealers since Space Hulk was my absolute first exposure to the franchise. Between a Deathwatch: Overkill box and a Space Hulk set, I can probably do a basic Combat Patrol game with Genestealer Cults. Plus, I plan to buy the new Genestealer Cults Combat Patrol set when it comes out.

I just need to get back to painting.

Next post will be about RPG stuff.

I got this quite a while back. I skimmed through it. I mean... it's Temple of Elemental Evil, with all the positives and negatives that comes with. It's a nice set. I can't really say more than that. I'm honestly kind of meh about it.

5e04.jpg

That's not to imply anything bad about it. For me ToEE is a better module by reputation than it is in actuality. the IDEA of ToEE is the cool thing, not the reality of it. That's no fault of Goodman Games. Still, at this point I do wish the 5e updates would do more to update the material than just minor additions.

Oh, I got this quite a while back
5e03.jpg

It's pretty cool. I wish I had managed to get it much earlier when I was afire with enthusiasm for my Undead War on the Borderlands idea. It's a solid monster book.

Snagged this today:

5e01.jpg
5e02.jpg

I'll have to pick up the regular editions later. I was flipping through some of the monsters and character options. They seem cool.

Oh, also got this.

5e06.jpg

It definitely comes across as far more playable and accessible than the old AEG version. Although, my personal curse of Stargate continues. Even though it seems to be a perfect fit for the kind of thing my partner and I would like to play, we simply cannot manage to get this thing to the table.

Well... that's enough 5e stuff. How about some legacy materials?
L01.jpg

I managed to hunt down a complete Star Trek 1e box set. Then I managed to hunt down a GM's screen for the FASA game. The screen was still sealed too. But the postman decided that since it was in a cardboard pack with "Do not fold or bend" on it, that he would crease/fold it and shove it in my mailbox. Jerk.

L02.jpg

I've been steadily picking up FASA Doctor Who stuff, and some time ago I managed to complete my set of the "core supplements." Cybermen was the hardest one to get. I've also managed to snag at least one example of each edition of the core set.

Speaking of Doctor Who
L03.jpg

I picked up this 11th Doctor set. I had all the other iterations of the core game, so I might as well have this one too.

And finally...

V01.jpg

This game is really cool. I don't know how many times I had passed by it browsing in an online store, but I eventually saw something and the whole aesthetic of the game just clicked for me. I ordered the book and I really enjoyed it. The premise was intriguing. It seemed like it would be fun to play. The partner even dove into it with great enthusiasm. We were just about to start playing it.

Then life got in the way, and the books have sat forlorn on my shelf ever since.

Maybe sometime.

Finally got my One Ring stuff. Love the overall look and feel of the books etc. The dice production error isn't a big deal, just treat the 11 as the one it's supposed to be and your gold Ponyboy. The only stuff missing are the solo play pdf, the art pdf and the collection of adventures in pdf and physical print "Ruins of the Lost Realms". Which I think will release later this year.

The One Ring Kickstarter stuff.jpg

Hi folks.

Just joined to say that I picked up Starships and Spacemen with Lucani Drift and I have to say that I was very pleased with both. If you want a very effective OSR approach to Star Trek you should check them out.
My group has been playing S&S for the last few months. While I'm personally not a big fan of grafting D&D rules into other genres, we've been having fun with it, and it admittedly has the advantage of that there wasn't much of a learning curve going into the campaign.

I just grabbed a Police Procedural hack of Trophy Gold called Shadow Precinct. I bought it mostly for the investigation mechanics, but it looks good enough to play. I'll report back when I've had a chance o read though it.

1646490734410.png

Had this delivered to my inbox a couple of days ago. Kickstarter finished and 'ping' the PDF is delivered, happy days. I lost track of stuff I backed over the years especially when it's been delayed (and in a couple of cases never turned up at all).

A physical copy from Drivethru will hopefully turn up at some point this month or next (the kickstarter for 12 Euro had the Print at cost and PDF which I thought was reasonable.)

The game itself I've only flicked through but looks like an old school feel 'Warhammer Rains a lot, everyone catches the plague or pox at some point and don't get too attached to your character' kind of thing. From what I can gather your player is a criminal of some kind and it's a 17th century/fantasy setting with noisy smokey guns, swords and a fantasy dirty dozen feel.

A campaign idea sprung to my mind near instantly where the title of the game is 'The Marked'. Players has a magical 'mark' on their forehead that shows they are for death row. Before being dragged onto the gallows a cloaked, hooded figure calls a halt, looks over the short line of prisoners and speaks in a crisp, cold voice. "You have one chance at life. To serve in the name of the Empire and probably die a violent death, forgotten and bleeding in the mud and rain. Or die in the next few moments with your neck stretched and watching the townspeople rotate in your vision as you gag for your last few breaths. Serve or Die. Choose." Though the face was hidden those present heard the cruel smile at the last word.

Anyway, printed it off (5 mins) collated it (pages all over the place because the printer is in a cupboard and a jacket sleeve hung down to deflect the pages all over the place dammit). Drilled and sewn (about 5 mins) using dental floss. Rpg books now with a minty freshness©. It's easier to thread than cotton and tough stuff. Plus, minty fresh. Just waiting for the glue to dry on the spine.

Anyone who follows the T&T Chatty thread will know what a pigs ear I made of the book cover so I'm not messing about with this one. I'll post up a pic when it's finished and give my thoughts on the game when I get time.

Fl-aux.png

Back-page-fleaux.png

IMG-20220305-154458.jpg

IMG-20220305-154913.jpg

1646498246272.png

I'll have this ready to use and the inbox will ping again for the Drive Thru POD code...

Had this delivered to my inbox a couple of days ago. Kickstarter finished and 'ping' the PDF is delivered, happy days. I lost track of stuff I backed over the years especially when it's been delayed (and in a couple of cases never turned up at all).

Thanks for the heads up. Sometimes, kickstarter and gmail don't play well together so I miss notifications. When I head over to Kickstarter, it's always waiting for me though.

Just did a one minute skim and the book looks great inside.

More stuff.

At some point several months ago I grabbed Price of Freedom. I was enjoying Dumarest's review of it from way back. I'm not a Red Dawn fan or anything, but I started to think of possibilities the game might have for me if I hacked it. I just need to track down the supplement(s) for it without paying a kidney.

PoF01.jpg

The game was punched, but otherwise in pristine condition. One of the odd things that attracted me to it are the colorful hexmaps (which I've neatly hidden in the below photo because I'm an idiot at arranging things).

PoF02.jpg

I picked up Dust Adventures, mainly because it was super cheap. Several months ago, multiple stores were just trying to get rid of it. I gave it a quick read-thru and it seemed to have some potential. I guess it helps that I'm on a dice pool kick.

D01.jpg
I was interested in Dust Adventures, that meant I was also curious about the thematically similar Actung! Cthulhu. I'm not any kind of Cthulhu fan. I was more drawn in by the idea of WWII plus horror along with the 2d20 system.

AC01.jpg
But, like most other Modiphius books, I find these a rough read. Something about the way Modiphius books are written just causes them to struggle to hold my attention.

Finally, just in time for WW3, I got the RPG of the WW3 that never happened.

T2000.jpg

This is definitely not my normal style of game. I have absolutely no interest in the original game, but there was something attractive about this Free League version when I ordered it. Right now it seems a bit too close to real life.

More stuff.

At some point several months ago I grabbed Price of Freedom. I was enjoying Dumarest's review of it from way back. I'm not a Red Dawn fan or anything, but I started to think of possibilities the game might have for me if I hacked it. I just need to track down the supplement(s) for it without paying a kidney.

View attachment 42949

The game was punched, but otherwise in pristine condition. One of the odd things that attracted me to it are the colorful hexmaps (which I've neatly hidden in the below photo because I'm an idiot at arranging things).

View attachment 42950

Fun Fact #1: Several of the counters in The Price of Freedom originally appeared in Bug-Eyed Monsters From Outer Space.

Fun Fact #2: i acquired a still-sealed copy of this in the late 99s/early 2000s the first time I went to a LGS, a few hours before it burned down. A long-standing joke was the owner of my usual
LGS burned them down to keep me from spending money there. In the following years things came out about that owner that were less “Oh, that’s some black humor” to “Oh, I guess you were honestly speculating on him as an arson suspect.”

A physical copy from Drivethru will hopefully turn up at some point this month or next (the kickstarter for 12 Euro had the Print at cost and PDF which I thought was reasonable.)

The game itself I've only flicked through but looks like an old school feel 'Warhammer Rains a lot, everyone catches the plague or pox at some point and don't get too attached to your character' kind of thing. From what I can gather your player is a criminal of some kind and it's a 17th century/fantasy setting with noisy smokey guns, swords and a fantasy dirty dozen feel.

A campaign idea sprung to my mind near instantly where the title of the game is 'The Marked'. Players has a magical 'mark' on their forehead that shows they are for death row. Before being dragged onto the gallows a cloaked, hooded figure calls a halt, looks over the short line of prisoners and speaks in a crisp, cold voice. "You have one chance at life. To serve in the name of the Empire and probably die a violent death, forgotten and bleeding in the mud and rain. Or die in the next few moments with your neck stretched and watching the townspeople rotate in your vision as you gag for your last few breaths. Serve or Die. Choose." Though the face was hidden those present heard the cruel smile at the last word.

Anyway, printed it off (5 mins) collated it (pages all over the place because the printer is in a cupboard and a jacket sleeve hung down to deflect the pages all over the place dammit). Drilled and sewn (about 5 mins) using dental floss. Rpg books now with a minty freshness©. It's easier to thread than cotton and tough stuff. Plus, minty fresh. Just waiting for the glue to dry on the spine.

Anyone who follows the T&T Chatty thread will know what a pigs ear I made of the book cover so I'm not messing about with this one. I'll post up a pic when it's finished and give my thoughts on the game when I get time.

Fl-aux.png

Back-page-fleaux.png

IMG-20220305-154458.jpg

IMG-20220305-154913.jpg

1646498246272.png

I'll have this ready to use and the inbox will ping again for the Drive Thru POD code...
Nice. Backed it and have been reading the pdf myself. :smile:

Fast shipping on the Goodman Games Lankhmar stuff. Got it all in. I now own everything for Lankhmar except the new module coming out in April. :smile: Hopefully i'll start my alternate GM duties around June. :smile: Here's everything including the DCC Core book and DCC GM Screen. Tight fit, twenty three items if I recall.

DCC Lankhmar.jpg

Thanks for your support! You should definitely check Nathan Long's Blackhearts, a warhammer trilogy that has the exact same premise.

And to stay on topic, I got those and they're awesome (white one is Scourge of the Scornlords, Meatlandia book 3)

neon_scorn_s.PNG

I've been working on my lighter anime/JRPG "D&D in Spaaace!" game, so my purchases over the past couple of months have generally been focused on 3.X/PF/d20 compatible science fiction/fantasy setting guides and player race supplements for my aleeums.

I haven't nearly finished reading all of it, but some highlights--

I've finished my collection of Dreamscarred Press' High Psionics supplements for the-- OGL only, sadly-- 3.5 psionic races before they updated and expanded them for Pathfinder. Somehow, the one I didn't have was my favorite of those races, the Dromite. (Which I'm thinking I'm going to mashup with my gnomes.)

Picked up the Complete Guide to Velociraptors for Goodman Games' Broncosaurus Rex. Don't think I'm going to get much us out of it here, unfortunately, but I'm glad I own it and I'll be picking up the rest of the product line this year. So cool.

Mongoose's Slayer's Guide Compendium, Volume I and Slayer's Guide to Lizardfolk, hoary and ancient, but likely my best pick from this month... at least in terms of suiting the purpose they were purchased for.

Took advantage of the recent Fat Goblin sale to complete my set of their 8-Bit Adventures run.

So this came in the mail at last: Hellboy the RPG (5e D&D chassis).

Very nice book with faux-leather finish.

Unfortunately, since this Kickstarter campaign I've drunk deeply from that sweet sweet Mythras Koolaid and have little use for 5e mechanics anymore (a lot happens in a year and a half). Ah well it is STILL nice for inspiration:

IMG_2027.jpg
IMG_2028.jpg
IMG_2029.jpg

Unfortunately, since this Kickstarter campaign I've drunk deeply from that sweet sweet Mythras Koolaid and have little use for 5e mechanics anymore (a lot happens in a year and a half). Ah well it is STILL nice for inspiration:
I wish I could get in the mode that the system matters on material- it would save me a lot of money LOL. I freely steal/borrow/convert/hack everything I get...

After a flip through I’m… kind of feeling “meh” about this book. It isn’t as terrible as some of the backer comments say. But it isn’t anything mind blowing. Not very likely to ever run this. Again, just for reference, really.

I got my PRINT Monster Care Squad book, its a very pretty book. I do some youtube stuff (not much) I can't seem to get my camera just right with the (old but new to me) desk.

View attachment 43074
View attachment 43075
View attachment 43076
Still, the collector in me wants it for how beautiful it is. Nice.

View attachment 43074
View attachment 43075
View attachment 43076
Really you should get that foul thing out of your house pronto! It's something you don't want to be associated with. It will taint your other books. I'll send you my address...,

Picked up a NIS box set of James Bond 007. I already have 2 of them, one NIS whenI bought it. But I wanted the Thrilling Locations book, and this box was one of the later versions that came with said book (unlike my other two). And it was the same price that others were charging for the TL book, used.

Also snagged a copy of the DC Universe box set, complete with dice, for 25 bucks + shipping, so less than most people are charging for the core.

Last edited:
Necrozius Necrozius Where in the world are you? I backed the Kickstarter and even went in for the GM screen as well. I wonder when it's going to arrive here in the Netherlands and hope I won't find it too disappointing. I liked the boardgame.

Necrozius Necrozius Where in the world are you? I backed the Kickstarter and even went in for the GM screen as well. I wonder when it's going to arrive here in the Netherlands and hope I won't find it too disappointing. I liked the boardgame.
I'm located in Canada and for some reason we're getting our copies before several other countries including the USA. Which never happens. Must be the war in Ukraine creating a bizarro world for international shipping.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back