[DCC] Purple Planet!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Conrad is truly impressed with the sword power as sixteen of the rise missing their off hand arm.(as best he's able to ascertain). He doesn't bother to raise any who fail to rise after the first blow.

Gazadhim is happy with proceedings. They most likely seem like gods in the eyes of their new friends. He heads over to speak to ---> Conrad <--- saying "They've seen me bleed. Might take the whole hallowed one edge off their opinion of me. Might be that you should act the role of our leader with your power to raise the dead"

With that Gazadhim will join the Warband, assuming they are now heading South.

The sixteen risen warriors are further winnowed by the challenges of the unfallen. It appears that they are testing to see if the resurrected ones are still capable of fighting. A very warlike people, obviously. Nine make it through this culling.

OOC: I need to sit down and think a bit about what will come next.

ALSO, I think at this point I should point out that you have a ranger in the party ( Simon Hogwood Simon Hogwood's Malthemundo), and they have the skill of
speak languages. It's like the thieves' read languages except, you know... Anyway, at this point with his language training it wouldn't NOT occur to him that he might try to decipher the language of the warriors. So I'm not being a softy - it only seems natural that the character would be keenly aware of his talents in this regard.

However, I'll say this one thing: there are other capabilities being overlooked which don't warrant this kind of alert. But I
am a softy so don't tell the other GM's.

Gazadhim is happy with proceedings. They most likely seem like gods in the eyes of their new friends. He heads over to speak to ---> Conrad <--- saying "They've seen me bleed. Might take the whole hallowed one edge off their opinion of me. Might be that you should act the role of our leader with your power to raise the dead"

With that Gazadhim will join the Warband, assuming they are now heading South.
Conrad nods. "You shall be the voice of Conrad" he says.

OOC: I'll definitely get to this tonight! I just need to sketch in some details in the sandbox.

OOC: I figured out what should be coming in the next bit. Should be interesting!

You walk south with the savage warriors. They speak in their guttural and harsh tongue with each other, but mostly leave the party alone. There is an obvious reverence to their demeanor, bordering on fanatical devotion from the risen warriors.

The red sun above dyes the world in a bloody hue. As you trudge over the violet dunes, you are baked in an enervating heat. Eventually, blue ridges creep in from the west, and you are traversing broken hills of indigo. The sun begins to flag lower on the western horizon and exhaustion weighs you down, as you come upon what appears to be an abandoned encampment.

The hulking scarred warrior, the apparent leader of this warband, barks to its warriors, and they halt. Its eyes scan the horizon, flicking back and forth quickly to take in any movement. Then it turns to Conrad, and speaks a few words of its incomprehensible tongue, pointing at the encampment.

Last edited:
Having been spending this time listening intently to the warrior's chatter, Malthemundo steps forward and attempts to thank him on behalf of Conrad for leading them here, while figuring out where "here" is.

Having been spending this time listening intently to the warrior's chatter, Malthemundo steps forward and attempts to thank him on behalf of Conrad for leading them here, while figuring out where "here" is.
OOC: :shock:

The elven ranger flushes with confidence; this savage tongue feels very simple, or at least, very regular. Everything is built on super-simple roots, and conjugations seem to be minimal. Although his understanding is currently primitive, Malthemundo feels he can convey and follow basic concepts.

OOC: Helluva roll! You can generally speak and understand the equivalent of single-syllable words. Henceforth, type your messages to them in that form.

As he approaches the leader and Conrad, the ranger hears the leader rumble at the knight:

"Not our camp, {untranslatable}. They still near? {untranslatable}"

Malthemundo conveys gratitude to the leader on Conrad's behalf. The creature blinks in confusion to reply.

"You test? We serve {untranslatable} good! Come home, show luck, win fight! But now, {untranslatable}"

Last edited:
Can I use my Jack ring to try and understand and talk to the warband?

Cool. I’ll do that then. Otherwise I follow the lead of my compatriots.

"Let's head in shall we? I'm sure we can take whoever might be nearby. We need somewhere to stay" Gazadhim says walking forward and looking to his companions and then the warriors.

Steevo follows along, still a bit cautious about their new allies.

Conrad points in the direction Gazadhim's going and says 'Go.'

Kara follows along with the others, not saying much unless prompted. It was starting to hit her that their current circumstances were a magnitude of order weirder than their previous adventures and escapades, and she was trying hard not to freak out.

The warband and party enter the encampment. The leader is very alert and on edge - the entire band follows its lead, and seem ready to lash out like coiled springs. Fortunately, there doesn't seem to be any cause for it, as the site appears to have been truly abandoned. Obvious tracks heads towards the east. Miles in that direction lies a forest you have spotted from the high ridges.

The warriors mill about the camp, searching and scavenging, as the leader speaks with the ranger.
"We rest here, go with him. Safe?"
"Yes," it grumbles. "Long walk next day. No want get home at night. No trust chief," the hulking figure broods.

All of you realize that you are unusually exhausted. A march like this should not have you feeling this weary.

Several members of the band prepare a large fire and spits for roasting. Skewered on long metal shafts are bird-like creatures that probably looked like this when they were alive:

Dinner.png
scale: about the size of a vulture with a longer and thicker neck

The leader sits on a the second-highest rock in a circle around the bonfire, and it gestures for Conrad to take the highest.

Last edited:
Gazadhim takes some of the birdm eat if they are sharing. He'll then have a look around the camp, checking in tents etc to see if the previous inhabitants left anything.

Gazadhim takes some of the bird meat if they are sharing.
The flesh is piping hot and surprisingly succulent under a crispy skin. There is an unfamiliar spice, but it is smoky and delicious.
He'll then have a look around the camp, checking in tents etc to see if the previous inhabitants left anything.
It's mostly ashes, broken equipment and lean-tos of hide and pale woody stalks. However, the dwarf turns up a cluster of five pale flat-bottomed gourds full of a milky-yellow fluid after about an hour of rooting around.

OOC: Is anyone doing anything else in the meantime, or just eating?

Wheatstraw sits down to eat with the others, famished and comfortable with his bizarre and savage company.

Seeing Gazadhim and Wheatstraw eat the bird meat with no seeming ill effects, Kara also partakes, while keeping an eye on their new traveling companions.

Chewing his bird meat with unelvish relish, Malthemundo watches with interest as Gazadhim investigates the gourds. "What this?" he asks a nearby warrior.

Conrad finds a commanding place to sit. He waits for someone to serve him.

Steevo eats and watches, trying to figure out the chain of command and cliques within the tribe.

Seeing Gazadhim and Wheatstraw eat the bird meat with no seeming ill effects, Kara also partakes, while keeping an eye on their new traveling companions.
Ricky joins Wheatstraw and Kara. "Pretty crazy, huh? I mean, what a day!" he remarks.
"What this?" he asks a nearby warrior.
It meets his gaze respectfully. "Good {untranslatable}," it replies, nodding with encouragement.
Conrad finds a commanding place to sit. He waits for someone to serve him.
The leader of the band watches approvingly. As soon as Conrad is seated, it snarls at a cluster of warriors, and they hurry to fetch him a charred hunk of...avian. Another hands him a tall gourd filled with a milky yellow fluid.
Steevo eats and watches, trying to figure out the chain of command and cliques within the tribe.
Around the bonfire, the warriors have broken into three main knots. There is the clique of the leader, its favored, and the party - obviously occupying the central position of greatest importance. Another group has formed on each wing of the leader clique, and nobody sits directly across the fire from the warband leader.

Each group talks among themselves, seeming to recount and reenact scenes from the day. Reactions range from reverence to disbelief, with occasional squalls of raucous laughter. There are short outbursts of song from drum and voice.

The leader sits a bit aloof from it all. It listens to the stories of those in its company but keeps its own counsel. Occasionally its eyes seek out warriors around the fire. There is always the brief but unmistakable lowering of gaze in respect to the leader, always met with warm acknowledgement.

Last edited:
Conrad chews the meat with similar aloofness to the leader. Not sure what to do or make of any of this he's just going to eat and watch.

Seeing the warrior nod with encouragement Gazadhim downs one of the gourds.

Does he drink from the profferred gourd?
No. He'll wait until after one of the group does. He doesn't know a lot but he knows he's got to look strong. If it's alcohol he wants to know how strong it is. If it tastes foul he wants to have a hint ahead of time. He's had his fair share of strong and nasty drink in his time. This is not the time to be first.

Seeing the warrior nod with encouragement Gazadhim downs one of the gourds.
The fluid is quite viscous and smells very musky. The initial flavor is complex; initially sour and salty, but sweet and bitter notes begin to emerge.

After taking a big swig, one of the nearby warriors grins approvingly. Almost immediately, a warm sensation fills Gazadhim's body, and the unnatural quality of his fatigue melts away.

Last edited:
Torren follows Gazadhim and takes his share of food and a drink from the Gourd. He wipes his mouth after on his sleeve then directs one of the warriors to a drum beat, then begins his tribal dance. One that tells the story of an old battle for his homeland.

I am Corelian of the two Paradises, I who lost paradise twice.
So expel me slowly,
and kill me slowly,
under my olive tree
So enter our houses, conquerors, and drink the wine
of our mellifluous Mouwashah.* ...
Our tea is green and hot; drink it. Our pistachios are fresh; eat them.
The beds are of green cedar, fall on them,
following this long siege, lie down on the feathers of
our dreams. The sheets are crisp, perfumes are ready by the door, and there are plenty of mirrors:
enter them so we may exit completely. Soon we will search
in the margins of your history, in distant countries,
for what was once our history. And in the end we will ask ourselves:
Was Volusia here or there? On the land ... or in the poem?

A feeling of melancholy nearly overcomes him, but he remains in control of himself for now.

Torren follows Gazadhim and takes his share of food and a drink from the Gourd.
OOC: There are a total of six gourds. One was served to Conrad, and Gazadhim found five and is drinking from one. Do you take your own or are you urging the dwarf to share his?
One that tells the story of an old battle for his homeland.
Ricky looks dejected. "Is it the poem with the fresh pistachios? I could sell my soul for a sack of pistachios right now!" he exclaims hopefully, glancing around.

Conrad continues to observe holding the jug. He glances at Gazadhim to see if he smiles or shows some positive reaction. Once he sees that he'll take a swig.

Once he sees that he'll take a swig.
Conrad experiences the same soothing rush of vitality that Gazadhim previously felt from drinking the stuff.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back