Post a piece of art you could write an entire campaign based on

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
zpc0bpzp8lzb1.jpeg

Just assembling that in front of people would net an intimidation check.
My father was 6'7", which doesn't sound like a lot now, but was really something for the cohort born in 1914. He had to duck to get through standard doorways. Because of his height, the examining table in his consulting room was too low, so he sawed a couple of lengths of 6"×6", painted them black, and used them under the legs of his examining table to raise things up where he didn't have to stoop so. That left an unsightly blank space under the examining table, directly opposite the patient's chair beside his desk.

For reasons that are far too complicated to go into just now, a patient who was retiring as the last left-handed sleeper-cutter from the New South Wales Government railways gave Dad, as a token of affection and esteem, his old sleeper-cutter's broadaxe. And Dad displayed the thing under the examining-table, to fill in the blank and provide a point of visual interest. I imagine that patients supposed that it was some sort of surgical antique.

Anyway, the doctor in the next consulting-room dabbled in psychiatry. One day he had a patient feigning mania sweep up some small sharp instrument from his desk and rush out into the hallway, shouting and ranting. Dad heard the commotion, told his patient to say still, took up his broadaxe, and stepped out into the hallway to see about the shouting and fuss. Now, the phoney maniac had been having a lovely time in the hall, with the undivided attention of a gaggle of doctors and nurses held at bay with wild sweeps of the scalpel or whatever, and was quite nonplussed when he saw their jaws go slack and their eyes sweep up to a point above his head. So he whirled around and — saw a 6'7", sixteen-stone giant with a freaking enormous axe. Seriously, the thing had a blade wide enough to trim the full width of a railway tie. He fainted.

So Dad and the psychiatrist shot him full of pentobarb and certified him. He woke up in Callan Park.

That's how you do intimidation.

Last edited:
That's how you do intimidation.

Figure he started with a PRE of at least 15, for 3d6. He had the distinctive feature large (good for +1 or +2 d6). The Axe - being a mucking axe - NW slang for great mucking or large - would be good for 3d6, and 2d6 for surprise. He didn't have to make a persuasion or oratory die roll, but a presence attack of 10d6, would probably beat a pretend psycho's PRE of 10 by 25 on average. Given the faint, he probably rolled well and reached 30 (or 40) over (not too far beyond the range of statistics).

And yes, your father made an epic presence attack.

Its possible. There's someone in ... Norway? who was making moose cheese for a while. Its been a long time since I read up but the process was annoying enough that getting a moose to riding levels of tamed ought to be easier.

You mean to say Hiero's Journey's not entirely plausible?:ooh:

View attachment 73423
Obviously, nobody ought to say such a preposterous thing:shock:!

Whether it would be possible for anyone other than Hiero? On that, ladies and gentlemen, the jury's still out... :thumbsup:

Long Ago, I wrote a fun little setting called "Black Christmas" where extradimensional "Grinches" came through metallic looking wreaths of "holly" to destroy "positive belief". The change in reality created by the intrusion, brought forth Santa and his many many elves, as the *verse's response. (Did he exist before or was he and this fractally manifested into existence?) I did the write up on Strolen's here (and some of the links are borked so use this search). Yes, this will be updated for Convergence Point.

However, I have a present for all of you. A piece of art and similar pieces in the same vein. The video is a few minutes and is an amusing summary. Then you can follow the links if so inclined. I present to you....

Earth-27 Toymakers of Nóatún

Toymakers_of_Nóatún

Gallery

The interpretation I saw is that the guy next to King Arthur is supposed to be Robin Hood. Now that you all are having so much trouble with it, I can see the problems with it, though.

This might have just a little too much meta-plot for some.

What kind of games do you run, TristramEvans TristramEvans, and are all your players accounted for?

I run horror. The kind that's horrifying to people who were watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre in Kindergarten. The kind that would make Kult get up and say "whoa, that's a bit bleak there mate".

But I also run Bronze Age Supers and Miyazaki-inspired Pastoral Fantasy (shrug)

I am vast and contain multitudes.

junji-ito-blood-sickness-of-the-white-sands-village.jpg

1711155891852.png

E7ZmfVtXoAAvJAN.jpg a1574038500_65.jpg

>>I run horror. The kind that's horrifying to people who were watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre in Kindergarten. The kind that would make Kult get up and say "whoa, that's a bit bleak there mate".

Daaayum. My group says I do personal and techno-horror like a champ, but I'm willing to bet you'd put me to shame

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back