Tell us about something good that you got recently

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Had a bit of a spend on BRP stuff recently...

View attachment 81762

I've been meaning to give Nephilim a proper read for a couple of decades now. As I was in the process of ordering a physical copy of Toxandria (BRP Fantasy) anyway, I figured "why not get both?"
I also got around to finally getting the latest Runequest and a, not directly related, dry wipe battle grid.

Also, yesterday, I got my third and final shipment of rewards from the Outgunned Kickstarter. I was pretty worried about what was going on with the deliveries but it's all there now!

View attachment 81763
I want! I hope there'll be PDFs.

Another dump- some repetition here too that I didn't catch before I took the pictures:

View attachment 81360

Only just spotted Brainjacked in this pile of games... How is it? I thought about picking it up but I've already got the Fate flavour of Interface Zero 2 and wasn't sure whether Brainjacked would be a nice addition or not.

I backed Outgunned at the PDF level as I just didn't have the scratch; this image makes me wish I could have gone in on it at the level I backed Feng Shui 2E.

The box of extra gubbins for the game is really very nice. On the pic you can't see that there's a Speed Dial disc, two sets of standard dice, a pencil, and 5 bullet dice inside the box too. There was 1 bullet die as standard for backers at that level, but I paid for an extra 4 as add-ons. The game seems pretty cool and I expect it will displace Feng Shui for a lot of people. The only downside to this KS was that the UK distributor broke everything up into 3 deliveries and wasn't clear on what would be getting delivered when. It was a bit stressful as the last time something like this happened to me I had to chase the distributor for months. Thankfully, everything arrived in a fortnight this time!

I want! I hope there'll be PDFs.

Yes, I believe all the books will have PDFs available beyond the backer copies. Not sure when they all land on DTRPG though.

You Nameless Scum and Gravest Matters for Mörk Borg, from the Kickstarter for the latter.

1715087892916.jpg

And here's my haul from the Kickstarter for Forbidden Psalm: Endtimes Edition. Added-on a copy of Dread Nights, a self-contained Victorian gothic horror variant of Forbidden Psalm. This is my first ever skirmish game: kind of intimidating but also looks like a hell of a lot of fun. FWIU this is relatively light and easy to grog for a skirmish game. Everything is Mörk Borg-compatible.

1715088050124.jpg

Only just spotted Brainjacked in this pile of games... How is it? I thought about picking it up but I've already got the Fate flavour of Interface Zero 2 and wasn't sure whether Brainjacked would be a nice addition or not.
You act like I actually read these things... I'm so far behind I shouldn't be getting anything.

Yes, I believe all the books will have PDFs available beyond the backer copies. Not sure when they all land on DTRPG though.
Apparently there already are! I'm really short this month (My PC is dying, and I've had several other hardware failures, this has not been my year! :p) but when I can swing a 20 spot, I'll pick up the first book.

So here's my latest haul...

PSX_20240509_014706.jpg

Two additional books for Monster of the Week (both part of the Codex of Worlds crowdfunding campaign): Apocrypha and Modern Haunts. Both look like they have plenty of new playbooks, rules, and story hooks etc.

I ordered High Fantasy Magic, for Fate Core, as it was only £3 on Amazon UK and I'd seen a good review of it somewhere. I figured, at that low price, it's got to be worth a punt right?

Last, but not least, is The Red Hack 2e core book. The previous version was based on The Black Hack but this looks to be moving further away from that. Again, I took a risk on this but it looks nice, at the very least, and it should prove a brief but interesting read.

Recent nabs:
- another WFRP softcover; count stands at 1 hard cover and 4 softcovers; need one more and I’m covered for the gaming group at the table.

- Warhammer companion. Snagged it for a good price.

On the horizon?
- Strangely it appears I never purchased Something Rotten in Kislev.

- Heart of Chaos. What the heck is it with the last modules of each series being $$$$. When I bought Empire in Flames years ago it was expensive even then. Heart of Chaos is going for stupid money right now. But I’ve got the first four of the Doomstones series…

As an aside when we played Doomstones in High School, my PC was Callison Silvereye. Had a blast playing him.

- Heart of Chaos. What the heck is it with the last modules of each series being $$$$. When I bought Empire in Flames years ago it was expensive even then. Heart of Chaos is going for stupid money right now. But I’ve got the first four of the Doomstones series…
You kind of answered it yourself. Plenty of people started out their sets, few finished them. Now people are looking at their collections going "oh hey, I should try to get that last one that's been out of print for a few decades that hardly anybody bought at the time."

- Strangely it appears I never purchased Something Rotten in Kislev.
Something Rotten in Kislev has an undeserved bad reputation in my opinion. It's true that it is bad as an installment in The Enemy Within campaign, but it was written as separate campaign set in Kislev, and GW decided to reskin it as part of the larger campaign. Taken as its own separate thing, it's pretty fun.

I was looking at people's photos of Outgunned and regretting not backing it, but it then showed up on my door step, so I guess I did and forgot. I've mostly stopped backing kickstarters a while back, but the ones in the queue just keep coming.

So here's my latest haul...

View attachment 81897

Two additional books for Monster of the Week (both part of the Codex of Worlds crowdfunding campaign): Apocrypha and Modern Haunts. Both look like they have plenty of new playbooks, rules, and story hooks etc.

I ordered High Fantasy Magic, for Fate Core, as it was only £3 on Amazon UK and I'd seen a good review of it somewhere. I figured, at that low price, it's got to be worth a punt right?

Last, but not least, is The Red Hack 2e core book. The previous version was based on The Black Hack but this looks to be moving further away from that. Again, I took a risk on this but it looks nice, at the very least, and it should prove a brief but interesting read.
I didn't see those two on the campaign - https://www.backerkit.com/c/projects/evil-hat/codex-of-worlds

Was it on a different campaign?

I didn't see those two on the campaign - https://www.backerkit.com/c/projects/evil-hat/codex-of-worlds

Was it on a different campaign?

Hmmmm... that's strange that there's no direct reference to those books on the Backerkit page.

So, I was a late pledge and these were (free) digital rewards for me but I had to pay for the POD. They're made up of material that was cut from the Codex of Worlds due to the size of that book. I don't see that mentioned on the main page but, looking at the stretch goals, I do see some of the material from these books as funded stretch goals from later in the campaign.

Edit to add: I just looked at the Community section and they are mentioned there https://www.backerkit.com/c/projects/evil-hat/codex-of-worlds/community#top. I didn't pay a lot of attention to those update emails I got so I'm not sure when it became a thing.

I'm very late with posting this, but quite a while back, I got my Kickstarter package for Outgunned by Two Little Mice.

View attachment 81871

Girls Frontline OTS-14 figure by FREEing sold separately.
What is the system like? I saw this RPG on another thread as well, but forgot to ask back then...:thumbsup:

As an aside when we played Doomstones in High School, my PC was Callison Silvereye. Had a blast playing him.
Heart of Chaos was released much later than the rest of the series. It was one of Hogshead final books. As such, I expect it had a low print run and not a lot of people got it when it was released but have since sought it out to complete the campaign.

What is the system like? I saw this RPG on another thread as well, but forgot to ask back then...:thumbsup:

Very much like Broken Compass and Household, a mild evolution of those.

The primary dice mechanic is add attribute plus skill to get the size of a dice pool. Then roll and play Yahtzee. A pair is a basic success, and it goes up from there with six of a kind being the best possible success. Each increment up the ladder is considered three times higher a success level. Difficulty is effectively gauged by quality of successes required in powers of three.

It's one of those systems where only players really roll. Combat is relatively abstract. Enemies are sometimes grouped into a large singular bucket for terms of difficulty, damage, and danger. There's an abstract hit point system which generally reflects heroic luck and endurance. This is combined with a status system which usually represents wounds and more sticky effects. A 'roulette counter' governs when characters are removed from play via violence with mysterious death being the order of the day so that player characters may not be dead-dead.

The books are at least as attractive as Broken Compass, but not in the same league as Household. Still, more than good enough. The feel is very much like Broken Compass, meaning conversational, light, and atmospheric. It's a pretty light system.

World of Killers is a singular defined setting plus an adventure. Action Flicks is a collection of micro-settings/ideas. The overall package definitely presents itself as roll your own/do what you want in terms of setting. it's definitely a toolkit, but certainly on the lighter side for those who want to focus on feel and quick play rather than nitty gritty rules play.

Very much like Broken Compass and Household, a mild evolution of those.

The primary dice mechanic is add attribute plus skill to get the size of a dice pool. Then roll and play Yahtzee. A pair is a basic success, and it goes up from there with six of a kind being the best possible success. Each increment up the ladder is considered three times higher a success level. Difficulty is effectively gauged by quality of successes required in powers of three.

It's one of those systems where only players really roll. Combat is relatively abstract. Enemies are sometimes grouped into a large singular bucket for terms of difficulty, damage, and danger. There's an abstract hit point system which generally reflects heroic luck and endurance. This is combined with a status system which usually represents wounds and more sticky effects. A 'roulette counter' governs when characters are removed from play via violence with mysterious death being the order of the day so that player characters may not be dead-dead.

The books are at least as attractive as Broken Compass, but not in the same league as Household. Still, more than good enough. The feel is very much like Broken Compass, meaning conversational, light, and atmospheric. It's a pretty light system.

World of Killers is a singular defined setting plus an adventure. Action Flicks is a collection of micro-settings/ideas. The overall package definitely presents itself as roll your own/do what you want in terms of setting. it's definitely a toolkit, but certainly on the lighter side for those who want to focus on feel and quick play rather than nitty gritty rules play.
Thank you!

It seems one of those systems one is better off reading by himself, then. A lot would depend on the implementation of those, but that's not really something you could answer for me:thumbsup:.

OTOH, it seems there's a quickstart:shade:.

I was looking at people's photos of Outgunned and regretting not backing it, but it then showed up on my door step, so I guess I did and forgot. I've mostly stopped backing kickstarters a while back, but the ones in the queue just keep coming.
If I didn't already purchase the entire range of Broken Compass last year, I'ld be definately grabbinng this.
Looks pretty good for Action/Adventure :thumbsup:

Hmmmm... that's strange that there's no direct reference to those books on the Backerkit page.

So, I was a late pledge and these were (free) digital rewards for me but I had to pay for the POD. They're made up of material that was cut from the Codex of Worlds due to the size of that book. I don't see that mentioned on the main page but, looking at the stretch goals, I do see some of the material from these books as funded stretch goals from later in the campaign.

Edit to add: I just looked at the Community section and they are mentioned there https://www.backerkit.com/c/projects/evil-hat/codex-of-worlds/community#top. I didn't pay a lot of attention to those update emails I got so I'm not sure when it became a thing.
Thanks! I don't follow either- I just go by my rewards so didn't see it. Did you pay full price for POD? And I just got the nightmare haunts as a discounted- I wonder if the late orders were different in that regard.

Thanks! I don't follow either- I just go by my rewards so didn't see it. Did you pay full price for POD? And I just got the nightmare haunts as a discounted- I wonder if the late orders were different in that regard.

I paid full price. As a late pledge I got the PDFs for free but that was all.

It's apparently going to be their new in-house system- they're already talking about another setting using the system.
It sounds like they are using all the setting content they had for Broken Compass, and rejiggering it for Outgunned.

I do like that the Broken Compass character sheet is a little more simple and straightforward than Outgunned, so I don't see much reason to segue across to Outgunned for quite some time, if at all.

I might be singing another song in a year or two however, heh heh

I've already got my PDF from the Shadow Ops KS ran by D drkrash though we'd need to wait a bit more for the print:thumbsup:.

My first impressions: man, this game looks pretty, I'm glad I opted for the print after all:gooselove:!

480223.jpg

Do a character-build thread! DO IT!
...as in, a "let's us all build characters for Shadow Ops":shock:?

Because I haven't got time for a "Let's read" thread at the moment, alas:shade:.

Last edited:
...as in, a "let's us all build character for Shadow Ops":shock:?

Because I haven't got time for a "Let's read" thread at the moment, alas:shade:.
The first one, but usually a part of it is getting feedback on what archetypes to build, to see how the system would build well-known, iconic characters.

I've already got my PDF from the Shadow Ops KS ran by D drkrash though we'd need to wait a bit more for the print:thumbsup:.

My first impressions: man, this game looks pretty, I'm glad I opted for the print after all:gooselove:!

480223.jpg

I got it too... but haven't had a chance to look at it as usual

The first one, but usually a part of it is getting feedback on what archetypes to build, to see how the system would build well-known, iconic characters.
That is possible, but I'm not sure how many of us have the PDF, other than me and probably @chuckdee:thumbsup:.

I got it too... but haven't had a chance to look at it as usual
Believe it or not, I was just going to post the above text when I saw there's a new post:grin:!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back