Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I think that Gideon is just another Imperial Remnant Faction. IIRC Jakku was supposed to be some kind of weeding out of all the non-loyal imperials before they bounced off to the Unknown Regions. Judging from what the X-wing pilots said last episode, Imperial holdouts seem to be enough of a problem to at least warrant a patrol.
I love it! It's like the handful of Japanese soldiers that kept fighting after WW2.

I think that Gideon is just another Imperial Remnant Faction. IIRC Jakku was supposed to be some kind of weeding out of all the non-loyal imperials before they bounced off to the Unknown Regions. Judging from what the X-wing pilots said last episode, Imperial holdouts seem to be enough of a problem to at least warrant a patrol.
I love it! It's like the handful of Japanese soldiers that kept fighting after WW2.

I’ve never seen shinier stormtrooper armor, even the ones who were stationed on the Death Star!

:clown:

Check out Rebels as well. Filoni used to play Star Wars D6, and Rebels is basically a TV series that game. I defy anyone to watch episode 3 of the series, "Fighter Flight", and tell me that isn't exactly the kind of thing that happens during a typical gaming session.

It's shortly before the original trilogy, so the aesthetic is easier to take than Clone Wars for people with an allergy to the prequels. They spent a lot of time going over unused McQuarrie concept art from the original movies when making the show. In fact, one of the main characters looks like the unused original art for Chewbacca.

There is a Jedi in the main cast, but he is literally the failed Jedi archetype from WEG Star Wars, not a superhero.

Total agreement.
And Ezra is the ‘kid’. You can see WEG’s fingerprints all over the show.

The question I have is that according to canon, the Empire was defeated at the Battle of Jakku approximately one year after the Battle of Endor and formally surrendered. I'm curious that five years later, we see what looks to be a rather well-equipped portion of the Empire still running around the galaxy in the Mandalorian. This was supposed to be the time frame where the remnant Empire went into the Unknown Regions of space only to return a generation later as the First Order.
The ‘Empire’ is defeated at the battle of Jakku. The imperial navy however consisted of a huge number of ships. Even at the point of the sequel trilogy many Moffs, admirals and governors had apparently carved out territories for themselves.

Luke. Who is a kid in the episode where Obi Wan kills Maul.

Well, his silhouette is so far away it’s hard to tell how old he is. Plus Luke is short anyway. He would have been 16 or 17 there.

hmmm, so it's a very young Thrawn, or is he retconned into another part of the story?
It's like I said I don't know the original Thrawn, but he is kind of retconned but from what I know he also isn't. You could say that they re-imagined him to fit the new timeline. The thing is, Rebels is a kids show, and It's overall pretty light on tone with not very much competent antagonists, that is until Thrawn shows up, the show takes a new mood and get a lot more mature, he is like super competent and up to the final episode the Rebels have almost no success against him. I won't say much in case you are interested in watching.

My wish-list cartoon would take place about ten years after Return of the Jedi and feature Luke Skywalker and his adventures piecing together ancient Jedi lore. Get Mark Hamill to do his voice. Maybe have voice-over roles for Frank Oz, Hayden Christensen, and others.

Thrawn was completely re-written by his original creator and introduced into new Canon via Rebels and a new book series. Still the SW Sherlockian character but it's unclear if he will take on the original role as the Empire's successor/champion and antagonist for the New Republic.

so is Minecraft just like, computerized Legos?

Was Katie Sackoff's character the same female with headband from Clone Wars? I can't remember the name?

If Ahsoka does show up in this I will explode. It will redeem the internet

Sometimes I think I should keep an eye on twitter for its little gems, but then one realises that most Twitter stuff that gets repeated on sites like Reddit is more for people to mock its stupidity. On reflection, it's probably better to leave it to other folks to curate the good stuff.

I think the Midichlorian stuff is going to try and explain how a creation like Snoke could be Force sensitive. I get a lot of sequel vibes out of this episode. There’s some hints of the First Order.

Great episo
Yeah there's something a bit off about all that stuff. Like a medical procedure giving you Buddha nature, it's just an odd mix.

In legends at least it’s long been a holy grail for several baddies including the Sith. As in the show though it usually goes horribly wrong

I don't think it's necessarily going down the sequel route. I bet old Moff Gideon is trying to become Force sensative and thinks that some mad science blood transfusion will do it.

Sometimes I think I should keep an eye on twitter for its little gems, but then one realises that most Twitter stuff that gets repeated on sites like Reddit is more for people to mock its stupidity. On reflection, it's probably better to leave it to other folks to curate the good stuff.

Amusing as a lot of Twitter is people mocking stupid things said on Reddit.

Amusing as a lot of Twitter is people mocking stupid things said on Reddit.
I think you get that with social media, particularly with the unholy trinity of Twitter, Facebook and Reddit. People slag each other off on the sites and eventually a few good items pop off the top.

I think the Midichlorian stuff is going to try and explain how a creation like Snoke could be Force sensitive. I get a lot of sequel vibes out of this episode. There’s some hints of the First Order.
That's what was mentioned before the first season came out, they're going to tie it to the Disney Trilogy, mainly the First Order.

Yeah there's something a bit off about all that stuff. Like a medical procedure giving you Buddha nature, it's just an odd mix.
They already headed down that path with Baby Yoda being born with amazing powers simply for being a Yoda. It isn't ruining the show for me, but it did cross my mind watching S1

Last edited:
I dunno, what I liked most about S1 is how it mostly stood on it's own as a show. I worry the more they try to tie it in with other Star Wars cannon I'm going to lose interest. The first two episodes of this season I really enjoyed, the last two have left me a bit unsatisfied.

Mandalorian s02e04

goddamn frelling midichlorians
I’d like to find the sonofabitch who first told George Lucas about mitochondria and kick him in the jimmys until my foot comes out the top of his head, or at least one good “what the hell were you thinking” slap.

Yeah, the Uber-deformed nature of Gideon’s Bio-Sith experiments sure seem to be foreshadowing a wretch like Snoke. Now all they have to explain is who gave him such a stupid name. Maybe the Stormtroopers in the lab were having fun, like giving Mandy Patinkin the name Sam Francisco in Alien Nation. :grin:

TristramEvans TristramEvans They MIGHT be changing it, there's rumblings of something of a civil war going on inside Lucasfilm.

Although rumour has it that Kennedy may be keeping her job and control as apparently Mando's success under her watch means it's her baby. But again, this is a rumour.

So who knows.

I dunno, what I liked most about S1 is how it mostly stood on it's own as a show. I worry the more they try to tie it in with other Star Wars cannon I'm going to lose interest. The first two episodes of this season I really enjoyed, the last two have left me a bit unsatisfied.

Yeah, if this becomes the way to try and redeem and unify the Prequels and Sequels into one narrative preparing us for Star Wars Phase Whatever, I’m gonna be turning off.

Mandalorian Lone Wolf and Cub in Wild West Star Wars featuring new characters I’m in for.

A neverending string of fan service Easter Eggs as a life-sustaining Brand Exercise while we get steered to the next Corporate Marketing Phase - I’m out. I have better things to do, like take a shit.

TristramEvans TristramEvans They MIGHT be changing it, there's rumblings of something of a civil war going on inside Lucasfilm.

Although rumour has it that Kennedy may be keeping her job and control as apparently Mando's success under her watch means it's her baby. But again, this is a rumour.

So who knows.

Why Disney didn't remove Kennedy after the last trilogy I can't imagine

Why Disney didn't remove Kennedy after the last trilogy I can't imagine
Again, rumour has it she has a contract that has some clauses that could damage their ownership of the brand. Kinda like Bad Robot/Secret Hideout with Star Trek.

No one knows the details, or if it's true.

I'm not worried. I haven't see anything in these last two episodes that really deny the standalone nature of the series. I haven't watched much Clone Wars so I didn't know who Bo-Katan was until people mentioned it here. There wasn't anything in the episode that made me think I was missing something elsewhere. Neither in this new episode. I think references to other Star Wars properties are natural and acceptable. It's a far cry from continuity glut, where you are really forced to watch other things to understand what is going on here. It's like what the good comic universes were before they were mired down by self-referential continuity--something that you may want to check out but not critical to your enjoyment. I mean, it's like the (supposed) Boba Fett cameo at the end of the first episode this season.

That being said--this is Star Wars, and it's in the same continuity that all 3 trilogies, the other movies, and the Clone Wars/Rebels/other series were in. Its in the same world and you can and should expect references to those. Some of you may not like Midoclorians, but they exist in this universe, and I think the concept of "m-count" is used well here. (We have no idea what the child is. Is it a member of Yoda's species? Is it a clone of that species or even a possible clone of Yoda? And there's definitely some "mad science" going on here). I think some people may have thought this was going to ignore all the stuff they disliked about other Star Wars movies and just reference the original trilogy, but there's merit in all the other movies as well.

I think this will still be standalone and entertaining on it's own. There's definitely a story arc, but I'm not expecting some kind of big thing where this produces 10 spinoffs, etc., or ties into three separate shows.

Midoclorians don't really bother me. I prefer my psionics to be pseudo-scientific anyhow. I think a technologically advanced society would be able to figure out tests and markers for a genetically transferrable trait. The assignment of the Midoclorians as the source of the force is really just a stand in for the Arisians being the source of lenses. Not that Kimball Kineson couldn't take on the whole Jedi Order but it's not really a fair comparison.

Midichlorians were never the Force itself. They are the receptors in a body to the Force. It sort of explains scientifically how someone could use a mysterious Force to lift an X-Wing, for example.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back