Kingdom Death

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
There is a KD black friday sale? Links please

there's no link as such, but you can sign up for a newsletter (it's somewhat useless though, as it usually arrives in email hours after everything new is gone), but every Black Friday the shop gets a massive restock, usually all the released expansions along with various new and sold old minis, and the KS pledge manager is temporarily re-opened

I watched that playthrough you linked above, that game seems gorgeous, but is there any way to get into it other than hoping to get something on Black Friday or $1000 on Amazon?

I watched that playthrough you linked above, that game seems gorgeous, but is there any way to get into it other than hoping to get something on Black Friday or $1000 on Amazon?

I'd ignore amazon, they are always hopelessly overpriced on game materials. If you're looking for an affordable way to pick up the core, you're best bet is one of the Kingdom Death trade groups on Facebook. I've seen cores go for as little as $250 (mind that was 1.0 not 1.5 but they both play the same, and there are cheap 1.5 upgrade kits you can get if you want the extra content later on). I wouldn't expect anymore to show up on the site this Black Friday, it was in-stock for about 3 years and when they finally sold out this summer they warned Covid meant it would probably be a while to restock. It's also worth checking local sellers in craigslist or some equivalent - someone here in Van a litte while ago sold off his core +7 expansions for only $800 CAD

The Death Goddess Izanami Kickstarter has just launched...

I bring it up here, because it has a distinct Kingdom Death vibe to it, to the point I plan to make it the centerpiece of a side table that I'm working on converting to a dedicated Lantern Settlement board/miniature storage container

18551f4dc49eedbdb6705722043bb34a_original.jpg

The new photoresin techniques have really advanced miniature tech in just the last few years.

(sigh) bad news regarding Black Fridy this year...

126166113_4228956917134452_1595951914437442964_o.jpg

What!? No expansions!!

Silver lining: saving money, I guess.

Apparently not until next year :sad: Doesn't mean no new models though, as there's been new stuff every holiday this year pretty regular, and I expect the Pledge Manager will be re-opened again.

I was not a backer of the original Kickstarter campaigns, so I don't know much about the Pledge Manager.

And I hear that some folks from the original campaign are still waiting for some products to arrive. Is it wise to jump into the Pledge Manager?

I was not a backer of the original Kickstarter campaigns, so I don't know much about the Pledge Manager.

And I hear that some folks from the original campaign are still waiting for some products to arrive. Is it wise to jump into the Pledge Manager?

Wave 3 and Wave 4 have been massively delayed, though in such massive amount of content hs been added.

Wave 3 contains two major expansions to the base game - Campaigns of Death and The Gambler's Chest

Campaigns of Death is a book containing numerous alternate campaigns. The base game's campaign is The People of the Lantern, but there are various other Survivor settlements in the world of Kingdom Death. We've seen two of these so far in the 1st edition Dragon God Expansion and the Sunstalker Expansion, both of which feature alternate campaigns where the Suvivors are cultivated by a different entity than The Watcher, and the course of the game play out differently to new endgames. Campaigns of Death presents a variety of other game paths exploring different areas of the Kingdom Death world only hinted at in the base game, such as The Silver City, The Abyssal Woods and the Inverted Mountain. Basically, this will add a ton of long-term replayability to the game, as well as oppening up much more of the Kingdom Death lore.

The Gambler's Chest, OTOH, is essentially the sequel to the base game, that continues the story from the endgame up until the final confrontation with The King, whose presence is heralded in the base game by the Kingsman and King's Hand, along with Nemesis encounters with other major entities in the Kingdom Death world such as The Gambler and The Scribe. It essentially replaces the originally planned "Lantern Festival" expansion, and at this point has grown in development to be essentially as large as the base game itself. It's work on this that has held up the release of Waves 3 and 4, as every game supplement after the base game need to be balanced and tied into this evolving story, with new Settlement developments adding in new gameplay elements such as Philosophies and Strains (which has been previewed in numerous white box single mini expansions given limited release on holidays the last two years).

The Gambler
87f31efd5a4f020eaaec55d6d8693b4f_original.jpg

The Scribe
latest

The King
1390672459222.png

The Gambler's Chest has been delayed 2 years but updates over the last year indicates it seems to be reaching it's end. It is likely to be released some time in 2021.

Last edited:
Wave 4 was delayed by the extensive development on The Gambler's Chest to make certain the rules align and interact correctly with the new game rules - the miniatures themselves are all well past development and some have been released individually without game content. Wave 3 is essentially the new expansions, including The Black Knight, Forge God, Frogdog, Gryphon, Honeycomb Weaver, The Nightmare Ram, Oblivion Misquito, Pariah, Red Witches, and the enormous Ivory Dragon campaign.

Forge God
web-forge-god-kingdom-death-2v2_o.jpg

The Gryphon

allan-diego-carrasco-gryphon-kd.jpg

Nightmare Ram
bHclUZF.png

Oblivion Misquito
kingdom-death-monster-oblivion-mosquito-expansion-retail-pre-order-kickstarter-board-game-expansion-kingdom-death-5530824212524_1200x1200.jpg

The Ivory Dragon
pic5419954.jpg

I would not expect to start seeing these expansions until 2022, maybe '23. But, I mean, how quickly did you need more expansions?

Thanks for the explanations.

I basically just want to get some of the existing expansions, like FLower Knight and Gorm. I'm sad that I won't be able to nab those anytime soon.

I basically just want to get some of the existing expansions, like FLower Knight and Gorm. I'm sad that I won't be able to nab those anytime soon.

I'd expect to see a restock by Spring.

In the meantime have you considered Slenderman? He's definitely one of the better expansions, and he replaces the King's Man, one of the more annoying Nemesis.

I'd expect to see a restock by Spring.

In the meantime have you considered Slenderman? He's definitely one of the better expansions, and he replaces the King's Man, one of the more annoying Nemesis.
I admit that I've been eyeing it for a while because it is available at the Canadian warehouse.

Does Poots discount anything else on Black Friday, or just the core game?

I admit that I've been eyeing it for a while because it is available at the Canadian warehouse.

Does Poots discount anything else on Black Friday, or just the core game?

All the expansions were discounted last year as well.

White Speaker is also a good expansion/modification for the early game, and significantly cheaper than the big boxes

Yeah.

Although once you start getting into White Box content, you're going further down the rabbit hole, lol.

I can say that, depending on the mini, I sometimes will buy them, keep the game content, and then sell just the minis for twice what I paid. I really don't need a collection of pin-ups for my shelf that I won't actually use in the game.

Looks like Poots will start the Black Friday sale tonight at midnight (EST?).

aw man... i don’t wanna stay up that late :sad:

hmm, so that means midnight New York is 9pm here - nifty

Sadly nothing.

The Gorm and Flower Knight were not available in the store.

All of the other items that I wanted are either not in the Canadian warehouse, or sold out. Son of a Bitch!!! :yawn:

Last edited:
Echoes of Death seems neat, but even then, 40$ USD (shipping included) for a couple of figures and unfinished rules seems like way too much.

I might just buy another Zombicide game. :sad:

EDIT: ordered the 1.6 upgrade pack. There's some nice stuff in there and it's rather inexpensive.

Also found out the digital version of the game is basically free for those who own the actual physical game, which is super nice of Poots to do, considering the Pandemic. A class act :smile:

Last edited:
Yeah Gorm and the other expansions restocked didn't last long, in about ten minutes they were sold out again, must have only been a few leftovers.
I grabbed the card pack too and went ahead and pre-ordered the wave 4 stuff. A few things at the store like Echoes of Death 3, The Gigalion, and Ringtail Fox.

New update on Gambler's chest was insane, it's essentially a brand new game. Can't wait until July

I'm seriously bummed out over missing out on nabbing some of those core expansions. I'd get some of them at full price, even, if I could.

heh, I just took a look at the webstore again and saw Slenderman was still there, at half price. So I checked shipping - only available from the Australia warehouse, $85 usd shipping. LMAO.

oh well, just have patience. It'll all be in stock again. There's people buyig up G1 expansansions for over $200, and I'm like "really? You can't live without having them for a few months?"

Halfway tempted to sell all my expansions for quadriple the price and then just buy them again later, lol

Christmas Holiday Sale began today

A little disappointing on the gaming front - a restock of Kingdom Death High (beautful minis, but I don't collect anything not directly useable in the game), and 3 Holiday-themed figures, two from previous years.

I grabbed the new Winter Solstice Lucy as I really like the look, and she comes with a new pattern resource.

Kingdom Death - Winter Solstice Lucy 2.jpg

Unfortunately this is one of those regular size mini combined with a big 54mm mini for painters deal, but I figure it'll be easy to make my money back just selling off the big pin-up on it's own when it arrives.

Kingdom Death - Winter Solstice Lucy 1.jpg

Sorastro returns to Kingdom Death to paint The Hand...

Amazing.

I was stunned how quickly stuff vanished on the online store when the Spring sale was announced. Once I got the email, I frantically searched for anything available at the Canadian Warehouse. It was all sold out in minutes.

I just want to play the game :sad: , not join the re-sell market

the emails unfortunately turn up hours after the sales start, meaning if you aren't already anticipating the sale and already checking the site that morning,, all the limited stuff is likely gone by that point. The Discord usually gives a more immediate indication when a restock happens, but it's only certain limited releases I'll buy throughout the year. Expansions I always wait for Black Friday - no reason to pay twice as much.

I quit most of the resale groups because scalpers are way too greedy. Jacking up prices 3 or 4 times what they paid for them the day before, sometimes stuff still available on the webstore, is complete BS.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back