Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I don't know, it's nicer than having coy inspirational words of solidarity grafted onto everything in the house, including clothing. Brown cowboy shag could be the lair of a psycho villain or a crusty old hero, but interior design today has nothing but creepy Cthulhu cult written all over it.

At least that furniture, while heavy, looks like it can survive being moved. Unlike some of the IKEA/Target stuff I have.

Shit, I recall that room in the 1970s. Matter fact I recall getting to third base with Lisa Gonzales on that floor next to the couch, think it was 1979 actually. Ah the wood paneling, the long-ass wooden console tv/stereo playing KLOS 95.5 music low, her parents not home... good times.

Oh and then her parents coming home early, her rushing me upstairs to hide under her bed. That was fun, then because they were still making noise downstairs far longer than I could wait. ( I did have a curfew) I had to go out her window, hang as far down as I could and drop to the concrete running along the side of the house and run home. I still got in trouble but it was worth it, thanks Lisa!

I think I threw up a little looking at that... that... that THING.
The first flat spittingwife and I lived in together (built in the 70s and never redecorated) came with carpet tiles in the bathroom. By this time they were rotten and 50% nylon/50% mould. The landlord agreed to let wifey remove them - but only if she stored them in the garden shed so they could be returned when she moved out.

Last edited:
I'm actually guessing this is a joke because that looks more like a closet than a bathroom.
I know it's possible as a bathroom because my parents primary bathroom was just about like that. Sliding pocket door with a toilet angles like that one the left, sink right in the middle and the USA's smallest shower on the right. Europe would probably call it a standard sized shower based on my travels but I've never seen one as tight in the US.

My son comes down from school this morning wearing a flannel shirt, unbuttoned, over a t shirt and cargo shorts with wool socks. My head immediately was filled with pearl jam and soundgarden.

My son comes down from school this morning wearing a flannel shirt, unbuttoned, over a t shirt and cargo shorts with wool socks. My head immediately was filled with pearl jam and soundgarden.
I am currently wearing wool socks, a flannel shirt, and a graphic T. It's too cold yet for cargo shorts. I also listened to the new Pearl Jam single this morning. It's a thing.

I am currently wearing wool socks, a flannel shirt, and a graphic T. It's too cold yet for cargo shorts. I also listened to the new Pearl Jam single this morning. It's a thing.
we were strongly debating taking him to a pearl jam concert but the venue of choice (which is one of the cheaper ones) is like $350 a head and i'm like... that's a lot.

we were strongly debating taking him to a pearl jam concert but the venue of choice (which is one of the cheaper ones) is like $350 a head and i'm like... that's a lot.
That is a lot. I remember PJ tickets being more reasonable but I haven't been to a show in ages.

So they swung to the other extreme? "May as well milk it for all we can..."
That price seems high for them period. Ticket costs have been creeping hard though, so this may just be the world we live in now, IDK.

Edit, so I just went and checked and tickets for the new tour at Canadian venues range from $208 to $875+. Higher than I thought it would be, but not startign at $350 either. $208 CAD is like $150 USD.

:grin: Furniture that nice needs to be kept in plastic for posterity! :ooh: I mean, just look at that bucolic country scenery! :heart: It's so nice it might even warrant being in the Forbidden Room, the room where nice furniture and curios are kept for special guests on special occasions.

:argh: Git yer feet offa them priceless heirlooms and go outside 'n clean yer shoes on the door mat, ya damn barn animal! Where the hell do you think you are? And make yerself useful, bring a beer from the outside cooler when you come back in, too. :shade::drink:

Looks like tickets for Maiden at the Rosemont Horizon in Oct are between $100-200. About $104 to stand in the back. Not horrible considering the stage show you get with it.

Pearl Jam also used to set aside a big block of tickets up front for their fan club at reduced prices, although I have no idea if they still do this or how it might work.

re: ticket prices, it's sort of a monopoly (depending on how you see differing bands as substitutable goods) and bands now get very little money from album sales so established bands (and all the higher ups feeding off of the bands) charge as much as they can get away with. I bet it really sucks for new bands though who can't break out of the cheap bar gigs as few people are going to pay $100 for a band they have heard only one song from.

Forget the craptastic couches or carpeted bathrooms.

Those are pikers compared to this OG:

02efd9542e237aed814687c9b02673caf6565e64db0a9687945089142cdd3fcf_1.jpg

Just looked at a couple concerts in my area and their prices seem to start at around $60. $300 would get you VIP packages and merch.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back