Moderation Criticisms

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he actually specified RaHoWa which was part of the problem. It was just" if I can't scream down a Nazi then this isn't a place for me! ".

I suspect if he'd said "RaHoWa is some racist Nazi like shit" I think he would have got, " Yup that's why it's in the list!".

It was the vagueness and aggressive my way or the highway to that really said "Aren't you special!"

Yes, quite. The fine distinction between "I'd like to discuss the racist themes present in popular media" and "anyone who likes something I don't is a filthy racist" is... not one that can be drawn by the vast majority of human brains, whether they're the ones speaking those sentiments or the ones hearing them.

Odd thing was from what I can see, is that he claimed we weren't against Nazi's. We are aren't we? I mean that's a rather easy low bar to take a stance against. So I guess I'm confused as to what he was on about.View attachment 45225
When someone makes a huge deal about how they are against racism, sexism, Nazis, pedos, etc. the moment I meet them it puts my bullshit sensors on high alert. It's like a restaurant billboard declaring that none of their diners gets food poisoning. Why are they announcing the fact that they are doing the bare fucking minimum to fit into polite society? At best these people are insufferable and at worst they are bullies and trolls.

People who let me know that they are "nice" and think it entitles them to respect usually fall into this category as well. Don't tell me you are a nice person, show me.

Last edited:
I would also like to complain about the moderation.

Not about anything specifically. Just some generic complaining.
Can't let people get too comfy.

So, mods, feel complained about.
Hear! Hear!

I don't think he actually specified RaHoWa which was part of the problem. It was just" if I can't scream down a Nazi then this isn't a place for me! ".

I suspect if he'd said "RaHoWa is some racist Nazi like shit" I think he would have got, " Yup that's why it's in the list!".

It was the vagueness and aggressive my way or the highway to that really said "Aren't you special!"
It's also the way it went after that:

Him - "I will not stand for the no politics rule being used to mean we have to welcome Nazis"

Several posters - "It doesn't mean that, here's a previous ruling to reassure you"

Him (completely ignoring those posts) - "I am leaving because the no politics rule means we have to welcome Nazis".

At that point I think it's fair to assume he wasn't operating in good faith anyway.

I would also like to complain about the moderation.

Not about anything specifically. Just some generic complaining.
Can't let people get too comfy.

So, mods, feel complained about.
Thank you. To return the favor, I will spend breakfast complaining about that dickhead thesheep that I have to deal with at the Pub.

Thank you. To return the favor, I will spend breakfast complaining about that dickhead thesheep that I have to deal with at the Pub.
Help_I%27m_Being_Repressed_Banner.jpg

Help! I’m being repressed! (Click for effect)

Attachments

• BDA11253-52C2-4EDA-924F-3677870F2674.gif
    BDA11253-52C2-4EDA-924F-3677870F2674.gif
    141.3 KB · Views: 16
This is literally the only RPG forum with a "no politics" rule that doesn't make me feel like that. (Or Randomworlds if you count Discord.) Something I'm sure the mods can attest to, since I'm very keen on making sure this forum never makes me feel that way.
...huh?
Maybe it's equally political to say that either RaHoWa is a racist game as it is to call any other game racist-- but it's not equally detrimental to the purpose of the rule.
No, saying that RaHoWa is racist isn't political, it's simply acknowledging a fact:thumbsup:. BTW, so is saying that the game is objectively bad!

Nothing really - guy got upset about Nazis because of the existence of RaHoWa, simultaneously lamenting that he hoped he wasn't moderated for it, none of the staff responded, so then he ragequit the forum in a puff of imagined drama.

It was kinda surreal
Well, it provided me with much mirth. So I say thanks to the OP for ragequitting.

Actually, I knew he wouldn't last here, especially given his original forum name before he 'changed' it. ;)

I just find it funny that someone who put "equal opportunity offender" in their description got so offended that they left. As others have said, seems like they were operating in bad faith from the start.

Back to geese & blowjobs.

I just find it funny that someone who put "equal opportunity offender" in their description got so offended that they left. As others have said, seems like they were operating in bad faith from the start.

Back to geese & blowjobs.
One day I'd like someone to do that and actually offend me. But no, they're all like "I'm so offensive, I don't care about anyone, look at me!"... and then it's just some basic shit. Like, I have depression, I tell myself worse things every day. Put some effort in or stop wasting my time.

Do we want those in the same sentence?
View attachment 45385
Don't kinkshame.

I like this forum because the moderators don't ban people just for posting in a thread about moderation.

Plus the fact that even a thread on moderation didn't stay on topic.

Seriously (at least more seriously) the fact that even the moderators helped to derail this thread says good things about those people, keep up the good work!

One day I'd like someone to do that and actually offend me. But no, they're all like "I'm so offensive, I don't care about anyone, look at me!"... and then it's just some basic shit. Like, I have depression, I tell myself worse things every day. Put some effort in or stop wasting my time.
It was definitely some half-assed trolling. He was going in so many different directions at once, it was impossible to believe he was doing anything but trying to stir things.

Heh, I know. Age will do it too.
Don't kinkshame.
Touche :grin:

Is there something particularly special about being a "Bill Maher Democrat," for which one would feel the need to mention it repeatedly? Like, does Bill Maher's belief system exist on some unique intersection of all possible platform positions that Democrats could possibly have?

These are rhetorical questions. Please don't answer them. I genuinely don't want to know ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back